Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 15:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

The sub wraps are great! The only food that I'd still been missing was my veggie & cheese sub from Subway - had one on a wrap and it was fantastic!!! Tried the cheese & bacon wrap and it was very good as well. I'll definitely be enjoying these again in the future
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 20:32

Stats: 210/137/130 Female 4' 11
BF:
Progress: 91%

Yes the wraps are good but a bit spendy! almost $4.00 for one here on Minnesota....tastes great for a treat once in a while...one has 8 carbs and 1 has 11 carbs(that one has a special sauce if you want it). They do not use special cheese ...just a different flavors of grated cheese...they ask what you would like. I work at a place that has about 5 resteraunts in one place so I kinda know the in and outs of what is going on a little. They say they are only around for a limited time unless people really buy them a lot. I don't see it only because of the dollar amount they want for them...Just my 2 cents worth
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 20:44

Stats: 162/141.2/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:Not A Clue!!
Progress: 44%

I haven't checked them out yet at our local Subway, but they sound delicious!

I also heard that McDonalds has some low carb choices in the works! Anyone else heard anything? Most fast food restaurants could give us options if they would just use low carb bread or buns and offer some different sides.. Wish they would offer deep fried cauliflower or something like that instead of fries.....ya know???
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 22:23
Registered Member

Stats: 292/222/220 Male 6' 5"
BF:
Progress: 97%

I have seen 2 or 3 news stories that mentioned McDonalds was piloting low carbs food in New York. But nore have said what they are doing. I checked out their website, but could not find any info.

The more on the go foods the better. Because lets face it, we all get stuck in that place and time where we need a quick meal.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 13:22
Contributing Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 167/167/145 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:

I was at subway today (in central PA) and I had the turkey bacon wrap...and it was very good.

Low carbers will buy them for sure, but I don't know how it will go over to the general public. People who don't understand LC get all weirded out when they hear the word Atkins.
Hopefully Subway will keep them around for awhile.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 17:33

Stats: 190/147/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I just had the chicken bacon ranch wrap. It was good but I'm still hungry. They don't put enough meat or cheese on it to be satisfying.

The girl there said they are selling at least 50 a day.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 00:52

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (Ti
Stats: 212/149/140 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

ate the chicken bacon ranch wrap today... boy was i lucky! it was huge! the girl had a hard time wrapping the thing hehe there was an okay amount of meat... and a boatload of lettuce, cucumbers n olives (i loooove olives)... was pretty satisfied, but i wish the 5.99 price came with a drink or something... but at 5.99 i think i'll be picking them up pretty frequently (this is how much i spent on a value-meal at mcdonalds before going on atkins... subway now gives me a free cup of water)
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 02:55

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

hmmm definately gotta try these out.... that chicken ranch one has my mouth watering just thinkin about it!!! geez....
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 08:59

Hi! I sent an email to McDonald's and this was their reply regarding adding low carb to the menu.............

Hello Julia:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's.

Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to offer a low carbohydrate menu item. At McDonald's, we're sensitive to the special dietary requests of our customers. We're always reviewing our menu, developing new products and searching for ways to satisfy the many tastes of the 46 million customers we serve each day. Ultimately, however, it's our customers who choose what's on our menu. And, we'll continue to offer those products that are most popular with a majority of our customers.

To help our customers make informed food choices, we have provided complete nutrition information for our standard menu items. In fact, we were the first in the industry to do so nearly 30 years ago. On our web site you'll find plenty of tools and information to help you do just that. You can get nutrition information for a specific menu item, or view menu listings in these categories: Nutrition analysis, Ingredients, Food exchanges, Food allergen and sensitivity information, and gluten free items. Also, you can create your own McDonald's meal with our Bag a McMeal feature. For ready-made meal ideas, check out our meal suggestions to enjoy at breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or try customizing a menu item to help meet your nutrition needs.

To help you remove specific items from a product, you may remove components from items when the "customize this menu item" link appears next to the "Ingredients" list. For example, you can remove the bun and sauce from the Big Mac sandwich and receive the nutritional information.

Please know we will share your comments with our Menu Management team for an on going review of these products. We will, however, continue to look at these products and make decisions that make sense from a customer interest and sales perspective.

Again, thank you for contacting McDonald's. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again soon under the Golden Arches.

Veronica
McDonald's Customer Satisfaction Department

ref#:1831270

Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you wish to contact McDonald's Corporation again, please visit our website.

------------------------------------------------------------------

You wrote:

How about some low carb options in your menu? Nature's Own makes great lowcarb bread, why couldn't you offer a burger using that or even low carb buns? You could also offer Atkins/lowcarbers deep fried cauliflower as an alternative to french fries!! I'm hoping to see some lowcarb items popping up on the menu soon! Thanks!!!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 11:20
Registered Member

Stats: 295/285/225 Male 6'1''
BF:
Progress: 14%

Even though I'm re-inducting I had to try one of these out.

The wrap was slightly gooey, yet none of the soy/flax aftertaste that makes me gag. This is a good thing! It looked like a third of a cup of grated cheese, 3 or 4 turkey slices, and 2 slices of bacon. The recommended toppings is onion, green pepper, and black olive, which were added sparingly. Finally a little line of their chipolte sauce, which is actually their south-west sauce (not low carb).

The Turkey-Bacon melt was tasty, yet small and unsatisfying. However, I usually eat too much anyways so this was probably a proper sized portion. All in all, I can see these filling in a much needed gap in my lunch menu... after I finish my induction.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 20:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/169/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 43%

I had the Turkey & Bacon wrap today .... and cant say enough good things about it. The wrap itself( the bread part) is much nicer than the LaTortilla ones I use at home. No weird smell to these ones. ( ANd dont get me wrong, I quite like the LaTortilla shells)

I could pile on all the veggies that I wanted. I ordered it with Extra bacon .. ( I was sooo hungry today) and it cost $7.10.... ( that is without a drink) ...kinda expensive ... but I didnt care one little bit. It was worth it.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 14:23

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

i too tried the turkey bacon wrap at subway it was really great!!!

there were 6 other people waiting in line and they all got the lc wraps!!!!

ha ha ha! we are in the majority now i think.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 16:38

Boy, I've got to jump on the bandwagon soon and give them a try. I'll call tomorrow to see if our local SW is offering them yet! Yummmmm!!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 08:27

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/233/???
BF:
Progress:

Winnipeg here. Bought one of each type last night. We split them and trade halves. They were kind of small, sort of like a burrito. The wrap was a little sticky and almost crepe like. Not too bad, but I seemed to taste a sweet aftertaste. Not too much meat or veggies and about 2 slices of olives. Good flavour though. Ray asked the clerk to put another slice of tomato on them. She said then it wouldn't be 8g or whatever! Still, I stepped on the scale this am and I've lost a bit, so it didn't stall me or anything.

Since they were so small, when we got home we also had a salad of fancy greens. Don't think we'll be buying them everyday, but it makes a nice change. Pretty pricey at $5.00+ and no drink.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 20:12

Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:

For those who enjoy different subway subs, you can request any of their regular subs to be made on a wrap for the cost of a 6" sub + 0.60 or 0.80 for the wrap (depending on different stores I've been in).

Nutritional information for the wrap:

Wrap alone (U.S.and Canadian Values):
130 calories
2.5 g total fat
0 g saturated fat
500 mg sodium
16 g carbohydrate
11 g fiber
1 g sugar
12 g protein
5 g Net Carbs

Enjoy!