Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-01, 11:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/135/127-130
BF:
Progress:
Default Fat burning pills???

I wanted to know if anyone has tried the fat burner pills that are now being advertised.... Do they help speed up the weight loss??? Or do they do more harm than good????

I also wanted to know why I am feeling hungry.... I thought we were suppose to feel satisfied.... And I am up to 20g of carbs sometimes less some days... Shoould I up that number???? Help???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-01, 11:36

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome Askeens. Before we can comment on what you might need to do to tweak your menus, we need to see them

How about starting a journal in the "my journal/bootcamp" section of the forum? Give us a few examples of a typical menu.

Genearlly speaking though, If you're hungry, it's a sign. EAT.

Nat

P.S. Can't help you with the *fat burning* pills, sorry. Just be leery of anything that promises fantastic results with no work, they usually are too good to be true.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-01, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/200.5/140 Female 62 inches
BF:43%
Progress: 10%

Which pills are you referring to, specifically? If you are talking about ECA stacks, then I can give you my 2¢ worth.
I have tried Hydroxycut and Thermadrene. I found the Hydroxycut to be effective for me in helping me control my appetite and keeping me from cheating. There's nothing magical about the last effect, just that the pills are expensive somewhat and if I'm spending that much money then I will make sure I exercise and not cheat.
I didn't find the thermadrene as effective, but I was also on a training trip for work, so that may have had something to do with it.
As for fat-blocking/carb-blocking pills, I haven't tried those, but I understand the carb-blockers block mostly starch and not sugar, and aren't all that effective. The fat-blockers would give a low-carber the runs, I would imagine .
I still currently take Hydroxycut, but I'm in a little bit of a stall, scale wise. But that may be due to the Anaprox/Naproxen I take for cramps during TOM. They make me retain water like a sponge, but so far they are the only ones I've found that work, other than Motrin 600mg, which my doctor won't prescribe since not only do they knock out the pain, but thewy knock me out as well!

HTH!
Michelle
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-01, 15:03

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

I've used Adipokinetix and Lipokinetix and both worked well for me. Did you have a particular brand in mind?