Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 09:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/225/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hey, Sam!

Three thing I can think of, off the top of my head--

1. Yes, induction CAN be an energy drain. Give yourself a couple more days, sleep it off, and see how you feel.

2. Are you supplementing at all? You need to at LEAST be getting in a multivitamin every day. I highly recommend Atkins Nutra-Packs. They come pre-packaged with about 7 or 8 different types of vitamins in one convenient little pack. You take them all, then you're good to go all day!

3. Check your protein consumption. You should be getting AT LEAST 150g of protein a day, even more if you're exercising!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 09:15

Plan: Modified Adkins
Stats: 285/279.5/210 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi.

Thanks for the replies. I knew the induction period would probably make me feel like poo, and I know it'll be worth it in the long run. I'll visit our local Drug Emporium and see if they have that vitamine multi-pack. I just read a thread with folks saying they take 15-20 pills a day. YIKEs! I'm generally one that hates meds unless the doc says they're a must... but I'll try this multipack and see if it helps. Thanks for that suggestion.

As for protein, I assume I'm getting my fill of what's needed. I'm eating a good amount of meats each day, and a small amount of veggies. The meats are like pork steaks, sausage, bacon, chick breasts, etc. Generally I eat two or three helpings instead of just one. I've also found the Atkins BBQ sauce which is great... it's low actual carbs (not net), so that helps since I'm a ketchup fanatic

But thanks for the works of encouragement. I've already dropped around 5 pounds, so I know it's working.

Take care,

Sam
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 09:25
Living Healthy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Hey Sam, try the supplements but you may find you don't need all of them. All I take is the Atkins Basic 3--3 of them a day (which is the recommended amount) and I've done fine. Your energy will return, better than ever more than likely. Keep up the great work!