Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:31
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Hello all..

you are all doing so good. I had to up my calories yesterday a bit but I stuck with FFP food. I am retaining water again..I feel my rings super tight. I wonder what is up with this!!! I will weigh Sunday.

I wish you all a great day

hugs
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 11:09
Nequaquam Vacuum!

Plan: The Zone, Fat Flush
Stats: 178.5/147.5/147.7 Female 64 inches
BF:more than enough
Progress: 101%
Talking KIS day 11

Weight is down to 165.5 (still trying to shake off that last .5) so I am now back to my "posted" weight! Going to add in one hour speed walk, starting tomorrow, and see how that helps the weight loss.
I have been sneaking in a little butter here and there, and it doesn't seem to affect anything negatively.
I, too, lost weight when I first started Atkins, then, for two months, nothing, then Christmas started gaining. I am convinced the culprit is cheese, because I don't think I could ever limit it to 3 oz per day. I'd rather eat cheese than just about anything else!
Well, KIS seems to be working where nothing else did, so I'm going to stick with it, even though I'm going olive oil crazy.
jasmine

edit: I meant 162.5!!!!
  #198   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 14:58
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Catherine.

>>"has anyone kept on kissing past 2 weeks?"

I would guess. I remember a lady here who had all kinds of food intolerances and auto-immune problems, and I couldn't believe how strict her "normal" diet was. It sounded like KIS.
  #199   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 15:39

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 185/180/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
I could ever limit it to 3 oz per day. I'd rather eat cheese than just about anything else!

I'm sure that's probably why I've stalled. Cheese, Cream.........and oh yeah, Cream Cheese!

4th day of KISS has gone well. About 4 pounds below my posted weight this morning. I can taste the ketones, YUCK! More water! Today I'm eating tuna cakes fried in olive oil, grilled beef pattie with green salad & mayo, 2 fried eggs, more ground beef, peppers and mushrooms for dinner. As long as the weight drop continues I'm keeping the mayo and decaf . Getting daily exercise with either WAP or Curves. Curves tonight. Also the possibility of snow!

Everyone is doing sooooooooooo great! Congratulations all around the challenge thread!
  #200   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 17:46
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:

Hullo everyone,

I've now completed my first kissy week. Down 3 pounds. I'm actually up a little today, but I suspect that's due to the pain killers I had to take twice during the night. So maybe in the next day or so another pound or two may fly away on the wings of a fairy.
It (the minor weight gain) could also have something to do with the heat we've been having here lately. 38ºC (100.4ºF) yesterday. Today is a lot cooler, forecast only 30, and feeling better already. So maybe, just maybe a little extraneous water may leave.

Mischa, maybe some of our heat flew over there and bloated you? No? Is TOM due? I hope you debloat soonest.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well.

Roz

Edited to add: I'm certainly drinking plenty of water. Between 6 and 7 litres daily.

Last edited by Rosebud : Thu, Jan-08-04 at 17:50.
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 18:38

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

What horrible heat! The only thing I like about winter is that it helps with water retention, which is a huge problem for me if I don't watch my sodium. In the summer, if the heat is high, I swell anyway. I know when summer comes I will see my weight bounce around. Hope it stayes cooler for you for awhile.
  #202   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 19:51
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Mischa, maybe some of our heat flew over there and bloated you? No? Is TOM due? I hope you debloat soonest.

You can send your heat anytime I take a bloat for it I am mid month..I was thinking perhaps ovulation is throwing my hormones out? I am not stressing over it...what goes up..must come down..or lets pray it does

#203   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 20:02

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

Um, ok, I'm a horrible person. I barely got started on my Fat Flush plan and then this surgery crap came up and I procrastinated yet again. Finally feeling better. So then, today, what arrives at my door via FedEx??? The rebounder that my sweet fiancee' ordered for me. I feel so bad. I haven't even started my plan really. Can you say major guilt-trip motivation?
  #204   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 20:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/185/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 64%

I was a lacker today, I didn't do my WAP tape, and I am so ashamed. I had every intention of doing it, but,,, well, I just didn't. Well, ok I took a day off.
Actually, KIS is not too hard, although I have not been totally on the dot all the time, I have lost 5 or 6 lbs so far, I'm almost to my posted weight, so I'm going to keep this up for awhile.

The only thing I've really done is had 1/2 decaf 2 cups with about 3 drops of cream, (and I do mean 3 drops, I could probably do it with an eyedropper. I just cannot do without that coffee...

I would definitely like to keepgoing on this WOE for maybe more than the 2 weeks, I'm so psyched about finally beginning to go downhill again. It's been so long. I do like that idea oa anais of doing KIS for a week and lc eating for one day, then 6 days KIS and one day LC. It could be one meal....But right now, If it ain't broke, I'm not going to fix it. chris

#205   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 21:54
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:

I'd committed to doing Fat Flush for the whole month of January even before Kristine posted this challenge , so I'm certainly going beyond 2 weeks. I hope folks will continue on with me

~~~~~~~~

I really, really wanted to cheat today. Just stressed out, and COLD. I wanted something --- anything --- slathered in melted cheese But, I just made some green tea, got busy here on the 'puter, and the urge went away. Hopefully for good Somehow I doubt it though, being a confirmed cheese addict.

So .. Day 5 down, 23 to go

Doreen
  #206   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 23:08
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisews
.. I'm so psyched about finally beginning to go downhill again. It's been so long.
You're doing really great Chris

It's really motivating to see everyone's success, especially those of us who've been stuck for a long time .. whether due to a true stall or (my case) gettin' real sloppy with the eating habits, like skipping breakfast and WAY too much coffee and cheese.

Doreen
  #207   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 05:52

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 185/180/175 Female 5'11"
BF:

On the subject of bloating- I notice that when I'm eating too much cream, cheese and AS and fake foods, I do bloat........blow up like a balloon would be a better description. I think that maybe my WOL should include KISS during TOM on an ongoing basis. Maybe I would avoid the monthly bloats AND by having a monthly week of KISS , keep on a better maintaince program.

Doreen, I'm glad you got past your craving for cheese yesterday. Last night we made HUGE beef patties on the grill. I wrapped the outter edge in bacon and layered the top with slices of Monteray Jack cheese for Eric and Kelly (Kelly screamed BORING when I gave her the evening planned menu). Mine was a nekked burger . But I didn't even lick my fingers after cutting the cheese..........boy how I wanted to! Made green peppers and mushrooms for the side. I too am continuing with KISS through Jan 31.

How many more EOM KISSERS & FLUSHERS are out there?
  #208   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 09:32
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

Everyone is doing great.

>>"How many more EOM KISSERS & FLUSHERS are out there?"

I think I'm going to wait and see. So far, I can see myself staying off the cheese, but I'm counting down the days until I can have cream in my coffee again. I don't plan on doing "phase 2" by the book. I'm going to add back decaf, for sure. Probably butter, too, and "normal" salad dressing.

However: at least until the end of January, I plan on sticking as close to the FFP as feasibly possible. I'm definitely going to keep up with the cranwater and supplements, avoid processed meats, and keep using fitday.

Have a good day, everyone!
  #209   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 09:46

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/152/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Quote:
How many more EOM KISSERS & FLUSHERS are out there?

I certainly plan to keep KISSing for a couple more weeks, and perhaps, if I can manage it, until the end of the month

The thing I'm missing the most is Diet Pepsi - so it might be something I add back to the mix after my second week of KISSing. We'll see how it goes.
  #210   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 09:48

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Red face goddess give me strength....

doreen, will do my best to hang in there with you. i am only on day 4, but so far so good. i am hoping by monday, i will have had a major break through.

thank you all for being here.

i woke up from a dream this morning where i was about to eat frosting on cake with my hands... i brought it to my lips and said no... i can't do this. weird dream, cause i never ate cake... or very rarely.

~catherine