Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 21:36

Plan: My Way!
Stats: 293/273/250 Female 5'8
BF:too darn much!
Progress: 47%
Default Ice Cream Bars..

I love those Atkins ice cream bars...but will they stall my weight loss or has anyone had any bad expeiences with them?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 02:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/226/150 Female 5'6"
BF:Way too much!!
Progress: 38%

I too love those bars. I tried them right after induction. I had lost 15lbs those 2 weeks then STALL. I wasn't sure if it was the bars or the so called stall I think most people go thru after induction and ever so often. I had given up on eating them, but I'm sick right now and glad to have them. It's an individual thing whether or not they will stall you. Apparently you've tried them, so just wait and see. I do prefer getting my carbs from what I call "real food" and save things like this for a once in a while treat or when you're sick. It's just up to you and how they affect you. Good luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 07:34
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I like them a bit too much. I dont get them often but when I do they go faster than I would like. I try and stick to the ziplock baggie ice cream since I think it tastes better too but it also requires effort to make and I am just too lazy most days.

I dont consider foods to cause stalls for me, I just consider it the natural way the body sheds pounds, I dont believe that one should lose every single week... but thats just my opinion.

The weird thing about the bars is I HATED dark chocolate before I began to eat this way. If I had dark chocolate I would throw it out, if It had any type of filling I would pick off pieces of the dark chocolate and just eat the filling.

Now my favorite part of the bars is the dark chocolate coating. I think my ice cream tastes better, but I cant make a hard chocolate coating on it :-(

I am just shocked at how my taste has changefd and everything tastes so much clearer.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 07:54
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

First of all, these are a no-no for Induction, so stay away until OWL. Second, I really love these too, which I why I don't buy them. If I bought them, DH and I would have one a day until they were gone, and then we (at least I) wouldn't lose any weight. I don't lose nearly as well when I eat "fake" stuff, even if my carb count remains low.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 09:31
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I personally had/have no problem with them. I usually eat one Atkins/CarbSmart/ or LeCarb treat a day, and did through OWL as well.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:10
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The malitol in the Atkins icecream bars gives me terrible gas, not to mention kicks up my acid reflux. The LeCarb has no sugar alcohols and I enjoy it more. I still get the acid reflux, but none of the other problems.

As for stalling I try not to eat treats enough for it to have an effect. Eating junk food every day, even stuff with LC on the lable, isn't how you learn healthy eating habits.