Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 15:07

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default lc is winning! Check out Hardee's!

http://64.4.8.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_l...to%3dnextoldest

LC is winning! Hardee's has come out with LC menu items. Be sure to scroll down 4 the picture.

Last edited by rodmick : Tue, Jan-06-04 at 15:08.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 15:36
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 169/132/140 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 128%

I don't think it's winning, I think it is capitalism.
I think most of the chains are playing on our fears as dieters and may not be telling the "real" truth about what their menu has to offer.
I am beginning to really question them ....
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 16:06
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

The link didnt work for me
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 17:11

Plan: 60 grams or less a day
Stats: 178/148/135
BF:
Progress: 70%

I think it's capitolism too - but capitolism works, and they're also responding to a new demand from people - seems to me every one wins here. A few other big names are cashing in on the low carb rage with products too - look at it this way, more choices!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 22:06
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

While the link didn't work, I had a lc thickburger, or whatever they call it today. It was much better than Burger king in a box! There's actual MEAT, 1/3 lb it says, pickles, mayo, mustard a squirt of ketchup (questionable, since it was a TINY amount)onion, tomato..all wrapped in a couple of large lettuce leaves. Messy, but bery tasty and filling. At $2.89, itwas a better deal than Subway by far!

Let's hope the "Limited time Only" on teh sign wasn't literal.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 02:43

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

You can also get a double low carb thickburger for like $4.50. That gives you TWO 1/3 lbs patties all wrapped up. I tried the double and it was messy. The lettuce didn't stay together too well when dealing with two large patties. But for quality and value.....the thickburgers at Hardees are the way to go.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 05:35

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

I was also very happy with the low-carb thickburger. I just got the single, and dh gave me his lettuce and tomato too, so I didn't even attempt to eat it with my hands! It was like getting a salad (which Hardee's doesn't carry) with my burger.

Jen
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 09:20

BF:

Sorry the link didn't work! I lost the page so I can't repost it. I am thrilled there are more choices for LC'ers. This eliminates the need for me to explain for 5 minutes that I don't want a bun. It also eliminates the need for me to throw away the bun. I've been a LC'er since 2000 and a diabetic longer. Besides catering to a low carb person this also helps a diabetic.
On the subject of capitalism. I'm in the beauty biz. I capitalize on peoples need to look and feel better.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 11:01
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 169/132/140 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 128%

I guess I should have been more careful with my words.
When I say that I question them I am concerned that they are not giving full carb counts or adding ingrdients we don't know about and slapping a "Low Carb" label on it. Since they do know they can cash in on our eating habits they may be witholding some information.
I am realistic about beauty supplies and know I will not be aware of everything they used to make it .. with food it should be much easier to know what is going in.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:30

BF:

Good point SuperMommy. I belive with the burger though since it is real food we are ok. Not necessarily but I feel ok with it. I wish the link would have worked. It had a pic with full dtails of ingredients. It was angus beef, tomato, onion, mayo, mustard, less catsup, wrapped in a big lettuce leaf(as far as I remember).
Heck I made these at home ages ago!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 14:24

BF:

Like Rodmick said we are talking whole foods here. Now when are talking about processed tortillas like subway is serving up......I see why you should be concerned. But Hardees is basically just serving up a burger wrapped in huge lettuce instead of a bun.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 15:10

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 283/162/165 Female 5ft6
BF:
Progress: 103%
Default hardee's low carb burger

I found this article which has a picture of the burger. I hope it helps. I'm anxious to give it a try (minus the ketchup).

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/newsle...no24inside.html
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 15:15
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

I have been doing Hardee's for months since their website (I assume it is hardees.com) has a nutrition link that lets you take the bun off the sandwich and see the carb count.
I have been doing their thick burger with chili (no bun) which is good. It comes in at 10 carbs and is a full meal!

Anyway, try the website and then check out all their stuff. They are always kind enough to put anything into a container we can eat out of for us low carbers.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 17:26
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschmelz
Like Rodmick said we are talking whole foods here. Now when are talking about processed tortillas like subway is serving up......I see why you should be concerned. But Hardees is basically just serving up a burger wrapped in huge lettuce instead of a bun.

The convenience of additional processed low carb choices will be nice, but I too kind of like eating whole foods. When you eat one of those subway tortia's we are back to not really knowing what we are eating. I wonder if low carbing will loose some of its health benefits due to its success. Now we are eating frankenfoods again.

I tried a subway wrap the other day and they put the meat (real chicken) and cheese on the wrap then asked me what else I would like on it. So I wondered how they could say this is 8 grams of carbs if they don't know how many or which toppings I'm adding to it.

Arnie
P.S., I thought the subway wrap tasted very good.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 03:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie_g
I tried a subway wrap the other day and they put the meat (real chicken) and cheese on the wrap then asked me what else I would like on it. So I wondered how they could say this is 8 grams of carbs if they don't know how many or which toppings I'm adding to it.

One of the problems they seem to be having is they don't know how to make them. Some report the Subway employees following strict directions on hwo to make the wrap, including only putting a certain amopunt of veggies on the wrap. While others, like you, report that they ask you what you want on it. I personally have always had that problem with Subway. Whenever they advertise a "speciality" sandwich that comes with certain items on it......good luck getting it unless you know EXACTLY what goes on it. Because the employees usually have NO CLUE.

I personally have yet to try and Subway wrap because of the mixed reviews and high price(for not being very filling according to most reports). Since there is a Hardees right next to my work, I will probably frequent that for my eating out