Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 09:40
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Welcome everyone. Yes we welcome newcomers to this group. Please go back and read from the beginning. You are PM me with your stats. I will update weekly a group total and monthly individual totals. Of course unless you want to announce something you are really proud of go for it. (Like a huge loss or recipe or a tip)I have my walk in this morning and knee deep in bookwork.

I also like the idea of a weekly challenge for everyone. Cheryl R you started this group so why don't you decide on a challegne for next week and then we will go down the list with everyone coming up with a challenge.

Also I think everyone should reward themselves on Thursday as that is the day that we are 1 week into the new year. Here is how to reward yourself: Light a candle in your bathroom and take a nice hot bubble bath. Relax and enjoy. Let your mind be free and think of the great new year and new you ahead of you.

Also (man this is getting long), I would like to buy some bake mix and other things on line. Any suggestions of where the best place and lowest prices are? Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by golflady59 : Tue, Jan-06-04 at 09:41.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 09:43
Montana MaMa

Plan: My own lc
Stats: ***/***/140 Female 5'7"
BF:***
Progress: 26%

Hi,

I am doing quite well, considering my blowout during December. I was going to workout, but ran out of time, my husband came home early, and I find when he is home, I dont exercise, so I will do more today, I promise!!! LOL!!
The eats are looking fine, I had some scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of bacon this morning, and drank 22 oz of water. I will exercise as soon as I feed my little one, so there will no more excuses today!
Good luck to all, and everyone have a most excellent lc day!!

Hugs,
Shannon

PS And just wanted to add, jennielynn, your baked cheesy cauliflower sounds devine!! I think I'll make it tonight. Also, does anyone have a recipe for sweet & sour sauce to serve with eggrolls, I made the filling last night, and am missing the hot mustard and sweet & sour flavor that goes with these. I have looked on the recipe forum, and havent found much, so if anyone has any suggestions or recipes, send them my way plz, thank you.
  #183   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 09:53

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%

Shannon,
I've looked in both my low carb cookbooks and did not find a recipe for sweet and sour sauce, are you looking for low carb. If so maybe you could go to the recipe section on the forum and ask the question there. Just a though.

Joan
  #184   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 10:19

Plan: Atkins.. somewhat
Stats: 286/268/160 Female 5'5"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 14%

good morning everyone...dang this thread is getting HUGE with support like this, who could possible fail!!!
Shama.. I found a recipe for sweet and sour sauce in my Low Carb Comfort Food cookbook... i havent tried it yet, but it just might do the trick.. not sure of the exact counts but it looks like its about 34 or 35.... 12 of them coming from tomatos.. but as a dipping sauce i doubt you would use all that much.

SWEET & SOUR SAUCE

1/2 cup drained and rinsed black soybeans
2 TBS butter
3/4 C finely chopped onion
1 C canned crushed Tomatoes
1 C chicken stock or broth
1 C white wine
1 tsp hickory smoke liquid
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
4 pkts splenda or to taste

Mash soybeans in food processor or blender
heat a small skillet over meadium heat. Add butter. When butter foams, saute onion lightly. Put onion and all other sauce ingredients in a 2 qt saucepan. Simmer sauce gently for about 10-15 monutes.

like i said.. no clue how good it is... looks interesting tho.

everybody take care and have a great lo-carb day
tracy
  #185   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 10:29
Montana MaMa

Plan: My own lc
Stats: ***/***/140 Female 5'7"
BF:***
Progress: 26%

Thanks Tracy, I think I have that same cookbook, and havent checked that one yet, I was just looking online, so thanks again, good luck to you and all of us, we will be seeing much less of each other in the future I hope!

Shannon
  #186   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 10:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 213/196/150 Female 5 8
BF:
Progress: 27%

Alright, I've finally decided to commit myself and join a group instead of just reading everyone else's posts. This group has the distinction of receiving my first post ever!

I had started Atkins 2 years ago and really did well and felt great! but I soon became pregnant with my 3rd child, and after pregnancy, and breastfeeding... I just haven't done the Atkins for so long! And I am really in dire need of the self-esteem boost of losing some poundage.

I am starting today, January 6th. (I wanted to wait until the holidays were completely over so I had less temptations when I'm starting fresh)

I currently weigh 213 and I would love to weigh 150 (although I would be ecstatic if I just broke 200!) Or my goodness, 175 would be pure bliss, it's been so long...

Well, I've read through the last 13 pages of posts before committing myself, and
I'm very excited!

Thanks,
Sonnet

PS. do I have to PM my first weigh in, or is this all you need?
  #187   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 10:32
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

Wow, a lot of you guys already have your exercise in for the day. That is fantastic! I do mine in the evening although I'm always trying to talk myself into getting up early to do it in the morning.

I'm on Day 2 of my MisterE thing. Day 1 went really well - I met all of my goals including the treadmill. I feel really good although I'm hungry! I'm trying to limit my calories to the 2000 range. Yes, I eat more than that usually. I'm sure when I get into ketosis - tomorrow, maybe - I won't be nearly so hungry.

I'm really enjoying everyone's posts - this is great support!
  #188   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 10:43
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!

Welcome SonnetKd, I have your starting stats recorded. Good Luck
  #189   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 10:47

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 273/268.6/165 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Can I join you guys? I just found this site yesterday and I love it already! This challenge sounds perfect for me.

Starting weight in 2004:
GothicMom......273

Thanks! Where do we get the cheatfree pics for our signatures?
  #190   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 11:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Oh my gosh, golflady you are going to have your hands full keeping track of all of us!!! Such a good feeling to be in good company with all of you as we work towards the same goal.
  #191   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 12:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/210/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 4%

I restarted atkins on Monday at 212.7 lbs and today, I woke up weighing 211.3 lbs!!!! I thought it was going to be hard to get back on track!!! I'm soooo happy!!!!

cheryl, i tried to PM you my stats, but because I only have 3 posts made, I'm not authoirzed to send pm's. Please take note of my stats

Beginning weight 212.7 lbs started January 5th
goal 162 lbs by December 31st 2004.

Thank you.
  #192   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 13:42
Registered Member

Stats: 157/157/130 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:

I don't have much time but just wanted to say welcome to all the newbies and as for the rest of the gang.....keep up the fantastic work! You all are such an inspiration to me!!!!!

Jen
  #193   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 18:30
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Veridiana... Golflady will record your stats... it's ok to put them her...

Golflady... did you catch her post.

I think you have to have like 20 posts to do privae messaging... I've never done it... guess I should go figure it out.

I weigh in in a few hours... hope I lost something... wouldn't it be nice to have that first pound gone????

I'll be back tonight.
  #194   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 19:01

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Hey, ya'll. I don't really have any news, but you all sound like you're really doing well. I've been sticking to my BFL workout plans (still not up to speed on that, but I'm fine tuning) and eating right, so hopefully I'm dissolving even as I write this.

Keep up the good work, everybody.
  #195   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 19:23

Stats: 274/265/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Everyone is doing so well! So am I! Staying on the straight and narrow. Got some exercise in today, that was a nice pick me up. Been a little grouchy, but this too shall pass.

I weigh myself daily...right or wrong, I don't know, but it works for me. I will be very happy to be moving on down the scale numbers!

Have a great day everyone!