Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 08:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 303.5/283.5/170 Female 5'11'
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default has anyone tried fitday pc?

i just saw yesterday on fitday.com that they have a pc version now available. i was wondering if anyone has tried it. i'm specifically curioius to know if it will "sync" with the web version. i.e. if i enter stuff that i eat at work on the website, will it dl to the software on my pc at home?

thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 08:28

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Didn't know that there was a PC version? How much is it?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 08:52

BF:

right now they are having an introductory price of $19.95. i've sent them an email to ask about syncing and i'll post the response here. specifically i asked them if i'd be able to dl my custom foods etc. the features look really cool (being able to create a custom food by entering ingredients; being able to create "meals" so you dont have to enter individual ingredients every time; etc.) and i think chances are pretty good that i'll be purchasing it.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 22:14

BF:

here's the response i got:

Quote:
Thanks for the question. There is currently no way to transfer data between the FitDay website and the FitDay PC software. But we are currently looking into adding this feature to a future version of FitDay.

that's a bummer. if the answer had been yes, i'd have bought it immediately. at this rate though, i'll still think about it. but i really depend on being able to see my carbs throughout the day at work...
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 23:16
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

let us know if you do purchase it and how you like it. I saw another thread on this too, and wondered. Just being able to put in a dish would be almost worth it.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 03:46

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

Hi Curly, from what I have read about it you can tranfers your days menus onto a disk and take that into work - which you can then open in Word (or something I think) you can then take it back home and update your machine at home. They call it a transfer disk.

They also allow you to have 9 people per version for that price, whether that means a copy at work and a copy at home? Not sure.

I am tempted but not sure how much I would use it..... although the interface looks a lot better than the online version - less cluncky

Sarah
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 04:42

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Well, I'm going over to order it right now. I really don't mind entering custom foods again. I never liked how the online version handled custom foods anyway. For example, I entered faux mashed potatoes as a custom food, set the serving size at 1 cup, and entered the numbers based on 1 cup. Whenever I bring it up in my daily menu, it comes up as 1 liter!

I figure $20 isn't much, considering I've been using it for free for about 3 years now. Free software is nice, but I believe in proper compensation. That's why I became a contributing member to this board. Sure, I could have used it for free, but I want to encourage the kind of entrepreneurship that I see here. This board has helped me immensely and I wanted to support that.

So, I'll let you know what I think.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 08:32

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I've downloaded the FitDay PC and have started using it. It's really quite good. Of course, it takes a while to get used to things, but that's true with any new software.

It has a great overview section that shows on one screen your average percentages over time (you pick the timespan, like the past week or the past month), your daily weight loss, a graph that shows your projected weight loss (based on numbers you enter) from start to goal, number of calories burned based on number of calories eaten based on your custom day of activity, etc.

I've only been using it for a little over an hour, but I would recommend it.