Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 08:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

Happy 4th day after new years ya'll. Spent my holiday painting my Dining room, now I only have the LR to do and all the rooms will have paint on them. Moved here last Christmas and there was barely primer on the walls. So had to clean, reprime and paint. I like painting, but I also like to drink beer with it. It goes hand in hand....so I went through 2 pks of mich ultra lite in 3 days and fooled my kidneys into losing enough water to see 157 on the scale yesterday. Know that isn't going to last once I put the water back in...but talk about cutting everything out that gave me the allergic reaction LOL....
Anyway, my resolutions start with keeping on the straight and narrow,
water - min 5 bottles per day
exercise 5 days with 3 weight training
start adding back carbs SLOWLY to see what threw me into sneeze/bloat zone.
get the focus off the scale and on launching my business full force here.
Spend better time with my kids, and put some romance back in my marriage.
Amen---keep God 1st and the rest will follow.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 16:56

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

ricky47 Those resoulutions sound GREAT!

I am going to give exercise a big priority...It is nil right now

Amen to the rest.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 05:28

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Good morning! I've been legal for the past couple of days, but TOM is due in a day or so and I'm bloated and gross. I can't stand this feeling. Hopefully I won't be too much of a b----h today and tomorrow.

We were supposed to start homeschooling again today, but I need a vacation! And I need to do lesson plans. So, we'll take a couple more days off. Maybe that will help!

Ricky--I love painting. I wish I had the time and money to repaint my whole house!

And I didn't start my exercise today. DH didn't wake me up because I've been so exhausted. Maybe I'll just go for a long walk today with the stroller.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 21:27

BF:

Nothing went quite right today, the devil just wanted to give me a fit & I pressed in. Was suppose to send my husband off at 7 and didn't get up till 7:10 - So he was a mess. Couldn't send the kids off to school - a 1 hour delay, so it was 9:30 before my 1st grader was on the bus. Then, I had to read with her class at 10:30 - so I got the laundry started, came back at noon, and had to talk myself into working out for an hour, by the time I got done and showered, my oldest was just about out of school. Like I said. The whole day could have been shot, but I got in the exercise, didn't cheat, but still stoked those cigarettes. Going to hide them on myself tonight, and see if I can get to the treadmill with coffee & water in hand and see if I can break the habit ( 34years) One day at a time - or one hour at a time - what ever it takes. I deserve it.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 05:40

Sorry you had a rough day yesterday, Ricky. Sometimes you feel like you just get nothing done because LIFE interferes! And yes, you do have to give up the cigarettes. They do awful things to people. My grandfather and dh's grandmother both died of emphysema; it wasn't pretty. I guess it's not as easy to give up as carbs--those cravings pretty much go away after a few days. Cigarettes seem to be more of a situational addiction. Good luck!

Me, I'm craving carbs like crazy. It's this blasted PMS. I just want to either eat everything in sight, or kill it. Lovely, huh? I haven't been taking my vitamins, so it's really bad this month. I hope I can get through this day!
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 06:28

BF:

hey sara, I get a little boost of avoiding the carb demon by doing a couple of l-glutamine $ GTF chromium. Also, that moody thing still hits me and I do xtra B-50's and tyrosine. Haven't found the magic vitamin for cigarettes yet, but I'm looking - lol, have bought the gum and now my jaw hurts.

Today is the coldest day we've had all winter and I guess I'll get busy with the taxes.....always an experience, just now I have to do it without the m$m;s and cigs. Got to find a replacement for taking a break.
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:54

Thumbs down

Well, I totally caved yesterday! I had birthday cake and ice cream. It was the m&m's and my favorite fudge frosting that finally got to me. Because of the PMS. Thank God my temp. went down this a.m. and the progesterone is out of my system and I'm not a raving lunatic anymore. I'm much calmer today.

I'm just going to start over---again. I've got to meet my goal before 8/10, and I can just do it if I lose 1-2 lbs. per week. Not fast, but doable. It's easier to start over since I felt so crappy afterward.

Thanks for the recommendations on supplements, Ricky. I've got to take the ones I have (which are for PMS) and that will help! I'm going to look around at the options and maybe check out some chromium and l-glutamine.

I'd eat nuts for taxes, but only if you can handle them. On the other hand, even if they stall you, it's better than the m&m's!

Pre3teach--I'm not exercising yet, either. I've decided I need to build my habits slowly, per flylady. Naturally, exercise will be last!

Last edited by MamaSara6 : Wed, Jan-07-04 at 12:58.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 06:00

BF:

Exercise, that mean old word...I wish losing weight was just exercise..lol got that one down.
If I may make a suggestion, there is no magic pill for motivation, but there is that promise you made to yourself to be fit for 40. You MUST articulate all the joints in your body everyday, how you do it is up to you, but in order to take care of those kids, to pick them up without throwing out your back, to run up and down those stairs without getting winded, your going to HAVE TO get and stay in shape.
How? make an appointment with yourself just as you would make a date with someone. You wouldn't blow them off, why blow off a date with yourself? Personally, I can't have breakfast till I get somekind of work out in. You gals with little ones have to set the clock an hour earlier and just get up and do it. You'll get use to it and even look forward to it - I Promise.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 05:46

You're right, Ricky. I keep all the appointments for everyone except myself. I was doing great with the exercising until I hurt my knee at the end of the summer. Then I could hardly do anything, let alone walk up the stairs. So now, I'm completely out of shape again. I know it felt great, but it is so hard to just start.

Today is the last day of my period and I plan to really start getting strict with my diet. I'm giving up the sugar subs. because I think they slow me down. Back to induction I go. Wish me luck!

Where is everyone else?????
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 07:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180.5/166.5/135 Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Still here!

Hi everyone! I've been MIA for awhile now since this thread started. I've been reading the posts every day, just not jumping in and contributing.

I totally fell off the wagon for four days straight during the holidays. We were out of town and staying with relatives and I just even gave up trying to stay LC after the first day. My indulgences caused a six pound gain....ugh! It took almost a week to get rid of those pounds. It was DEFINITELY not worth it! I'll be much more prepared next years when the holiday season rolls around.

I finally LOST a pound this week! I've been stuck for a month now. (my own fault) So needless to say, I was thrilled to see that scale finally move off 164 and show me 163 this morning! In addition to that, I tried on a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in almost 3 years yesterday.....size 11....and they fit great! A little baggy in the hips and thighs, but still snug around my waist. My belly is shrinking much slower then the rest of me! I guess having five kids can do that to a person. Can ya relate, Sara? Anyway, when I started LCing 11 weeks ago, I was in a SNUG size 16.

Ricky, I love your motivation! You've inspired me to start exercising on a regular basis. I've been riding my recumbant bike around 10 miles a day, five days a week for about two months, but now in addition to that, I've added the Walk Away the Pounds video that I do four days a week. I also use some light hand weights that I use daily (five pounds). I just hate how flabby my arms are and would love to be able to wear some cute sleeveless shirts this summer! My 2 y/o loves to 'try' and do the WATP exercises with me. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Keep up the good work, ladies! I, for one, know I'll be Fit for Forty! Have a great day!
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 07:54

Plan: Sandra Cabot
Stats: 198/181/132 Female 5ft 5in
BF:Too Much
Progress: 26%

Hi
Can I join in too. I'm 40 and have about 35 lbs to loose, I have 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls.Live in Australia where it is hot and I have no excuse not to be out walking, hope you can help inspire me to do some. Loving this WOE and have never experienced weight lose til I started this, got up to 198 and now am at 171ish, hopefully less tomorrow.
Would love a buddy or 20 to help me along the way
What do you reckon, can I come and play too.
Neenz
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 15:19

Come and play, Neenz!

I'm looking around for new vitamins---anyone have recommendations on brands? I'd like to save some $$ and buy online, but it would be easier just to go to my health food store and ask them! They're very helpful that way.

Stacy, good for you for getting off that 6 lbs. from Christmas. I haven't lost mine yet. What did you do? I'm having so many cravings that I'm eating too many things with splenda. I don't think that helps. I really want to toast up a lc bagel that i found at the store the other day and slather it with butter. But I also want to get back into ketosis! But I want to eat too! Somebody slap me quick!

Seriously though, I think things will get better next week when we start school again. I'm just so out of my routine that I get bored and want to eat. That should also help me exercise. I just have to get through this weekend--another birthday tomorrow.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 17:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/177.5/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 41%

Welcome aboard Neenz! I envy you your warm weather....it's 18 degrees here.

Sara, I find that Vitamin World and Vitamin Shoppe seem to have the best prices and you can go to the stores or order on-line. Wal-Mart is also great for some of the low carb foods, especially the De-Lite chocolate bars, which only have 3 carbs and they taste great. Wal-Mart also has a large selection of vitamins and they're reasonable in price.

Seems like we all fell off the wagon on the holidays. I know I did, but I managed to get those pounds back off. I just have to prepare better for the next holiday.

susieQ
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 06:05

Plan: Sandra Cabot
Stats: 198/181/132 Female 5ft 5in
BF:Too Much
Progress: 26%

Hi
Well I'm going to ask for some support here, I am trying to get over a hurdle which I have never got over before. I am 169lbs and I need to get under 165. I'v been here a few times but never under so I think I have a mental block and this time it will be a huge success for me to pass through. My goal is 132 but I'm taking it in bite sizes. I need a buddy or buddies for encouragement, I'm doing all the right things but am afraid my weight loss might just stop and not get started again. Silly I guess but it will mean heaps when I'm on the other side.
Let me know if you can help
Neenz
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 07:35

BF:

I'm definitely there with you Neenz. I haven't been over this 60's plateau in 10 years and plan on making it happen and being in the 40's by May. I'm right at the edge now, at 160 and need the boost over to the 50's. I manage to lose 2#'s per month, and it is frustrating at the slow going, but the body doesn't want to give up this last layer of insulation. It's especially hard to get out to play when it's -10 degrees like today. LOL

I'd love to have ya'll inspire me to be excellent. Maybe by helping you, I can shift into a higher gear and lose 4 or 5 pounds a month instead of 2.