Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 12:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 216/211/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hello everyone, I hope I'm not too late to join. I started Atkins again on Jan 1st, but I keep cheating here and there...I want to join this challenge as well, just to motivate me....

My Guidelines to NO CHEATING!!!

1. Limit 20 carbs during induction
2. NO SODA
3. Curves 3-5 times a week
4. No Processed meats
5. Read the labels!!!
6. Drink more water (icy water in my case, since that's the only way I can take it.)

That's all I can think of right now, I will update as I go along
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 12:33
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

Quote:
I need some help with planning. I'm going back to work after 3 weeks off. My job is kind of boring and stressful. Sometimes I have nothing to do for weeks at a time. They also supply us with all our meals and unlimited sodas, chocolate etc, which are to be avoided on Atkins. Any tips for avoiding the work foodtrap and the associated emotional eating?

Nawchem- pack your lunch, pack snacks that are LC for when that urge hits, stay as faaaaaar away from the place they keep the treats as possible. Are you allowed to bring things to keep you busy at work? Crafts reading whatever floats your boat? Are you allowed to leave your work station and if a craving hits go out and walk around the parking lot or somewhere nicer than that? Do you have a computer at work so if you get a crave you can come in here and rant or read to keep you focused on you and not food? Can you hang little motivotional signs up around where you will see them to keep yourself on track. Pack a little pick me up note in your lunch- like a daily affermation type thing. Ask your hubby (if you have one) to suprize you with a note now and then, telling you how great you are doing. Stay away faaaar away from the treats- said that didn't I?? lol Are others in your workplace trying to diet? Make up a little group where you all get together and eat lunch. Ask the company to please supply more LC or at least healthier snacks for those of you who are diet conscience?

Do these help any? I'm lucky I"m a homecare RN and am in my own car all day. I do have days where when I go into a patients home and the food smells are wonderful. But withing 30-60 minutes I'm out of there and they leave. It's my choice when and what I eat and I only pack my lunch. I don't carry much extra money so I don't eat out, and if I don't have snacks with me I don't eat them.

Last edited by nursey15 : Sat, Jan-03-04 at 12:36.
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 21:21

Plan: Atkins+Black Coffee
Stats: 251/250/190 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%

HI AGAIN Everyone! Geesh it is awesome to read all of your posts! I have had such a wonderful day today!
Jo-Ann2... How right you are and I love your list too!
Kathy... Are you feeling better??? I just have to say THANKS so much for thinking up this 100 cheat free days club! Your suggestions for nawchem were good ones!
Younggal... You hang in there and remember what JoAnn said Cheating only cheats yourself.......
GO TEAM GO*GO TEAM GO*
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 00:09
Contributing Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 36/23.42/10 Female 64  inches
BF:160/151/120
Progress: 48%
Default Hi all!!

Still sick but back on program...Day 1 cheatfree down!

Thanks nawchem for the get well wishes!

Welcome YoungGal..

Jo-Ann2..love your list three! lol...think its great that you know your triggers too and have your anti trigger plans down.

Everyone is diong so great! Keep it going all...lets blaze to 100!!

Huggles,
Glim
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 07:12

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Glim glad to see your feeling better. I have been lucky so far and hav'nt gotten sick yet. normal I get one nasty cold a year Hang in there and sooo glad to see you back on plan

Yesterday went great, Tomorrow, Things finally get back to normal I will hit the stores and stock up on my lc stuff.

I pulled out my beef jerky maker and food deyhderator, and bought new spices for it. Plan on making some up for snacks. Only trouble the kids love to eat it too. I will prob. end up makeing a bunch LOL

I am a kitchen appliance junkie, the next think I want to by is a good yogart maker.

Have a great day all
cheryl
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 17:52

Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy

Trigger number three, also know as, NOTE TO SELF. Don't and I mean don't make anything with splenda. It tasted so nice and sweet and it went down so nicely, then I started craving, the candy bowl , oh one won't hurt . I shall save you from the nasty details . Felt so sick after though that I had to lay down and felt like I was going to be physically ill.
So here I am at day 1, with another lesson learned. Thankfully I had quiche and a LC chicken broccoli bake in the fridge. I certainly didn't have any trouble getting the water into me to day. I felt like I had been in the desert.
So I've changed back my cheat sign and with the patience of you all have started again.
Jo-Ann

P.S. Splenda is perfectly harmless to some people when LCing. It just happens to be an incredible trigger for me.

Last edited by Jo-Ann 2 : Sun, Jan-04-04 at 17:54.
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 20:43

Plan: Atkins+Black Coffee
Stats: 251/250/190 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%

Awwww Jo-Ann2 I'm sorry that triggered a slip but don't worry about it! You just keep on going and it will be ok!
Time2Shine glad you are feeling better! I too have been fighting a terrible cold but I'm just thankful it's not the flu so many have been suffering from!
I've done well today. It was so gloomy and rainy all day but I still hung in there and made my 7th cheat free day!This is so easy especially with all the great support we get here! Hang in there friends we can and will get to our goals!
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 22:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/230/150 Female 67
BF:don't want 2 know
Progress: 30%

Well, I've almost finished with day four back on track. I'm doing good now. I bout went crazy trying not to cheat the first two days. I have a dh who can eat almost anything he wants with out gaining a pound. He trys to snack in a different room so i'm not tempted.
Glad your back on track Jo-ann2. Good job all, we'll get through this.
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 22:46

Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Jo-ann you will do great. Pretty soon your sign will have alot more cheatfree days on it. The hardest part is finding out what we can eat and can't eat, but once you have that under control your days will just zip on by.
angie
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 23:20

Stats: 230/201/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

I am really discouraged. This is day four and I haven't lost any weight. Sunday is my normal weigh-in day. Last time I was on induction, I'd lost several pounds already (3.5). I have been very good, even giving up coffee - the ultimate sacrafice!
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 23:30
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Jo-Ann thanks for all the wonderful ideas I went to the store and bought a ton of things to keep at work. Went to church tonight and got some inspiration there too. The pastor was reading about Paul and how he didn't let his circumstances control his emotions. I need to learn how to do that!

Yesterday I only had 900 calories and 6 carbs. I feel like between kiss my refusal to eat beef and the butchers strike there aren't that many fresh choices. I bought salmon steaks that labeled artificially colored and some deli meats that have nitrates. I felt guilty but I was so hungry I found myself picking up a package of oreos

Jo-Ann you should add splenda to your "rules". Its good that you know what not to do though. I would have a tough time having a candy bowl at home.

judyr, its only 4 days, just relax the pounds will start coming off. I'm sure there is some logical reason that only your body knows, that things are different now. For some reason last week I hit a new low and then my weight bounced up 3 pounds for practically a week.

Have a good week everyone and thank you so much for the support.

Last edited by nawchem : Sun, Jan-04-04 at 23:31.
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 23:34
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

judyr, You have 63 cheatfree days!!! Oh my gosh you have done so well. The first time you did induction you probably lowered your insulin levels a lot and were losing water. This time around your insulin was already low from lowcarbing so whatever you lose is going to be pure fat.
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 03:49

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:

jo ann don't be to hard on yourself. I agree with the splenda about setting off the cravings. with me its anything tht tastes sweet. So I stear clear. Swiss chesse is a trigger food for me LOL I have no clue why, In my old atkins days of past, I would love haveing a hamburger w/ swiss cheese and as soon as I ate it, I would get the munchies soooo bad, I would be stuffing my face and end up throwing atkins out the window. It is soo great, tht you could jump back on plan congrats to you

judyr Just hang in there, Im sure tht the weight will come off. nawchem has prob hit it on the head. Since you have been on for awhile you will lose fat not water. Try uping your water intake, maybe that will help flush the fat faster

w82bthin I have a husband who can eat anything alsooooo and not gain an oz. he wears a whopping 29 or 30 inch waist jean. Makes me ill LOL. we can do this

This morning I kicked off my day by re-starting my walking tapes. Was off of my workouts for the past 10 days. I plan to get 5 days of walking in a week staying cheatfree so far. First thing in the morning I change my day. This is sooo coollllll

Have a great day
cheryl
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 07:56

Stats: 256/246.4/171 Female 1.76cm/5.9
BF:
Default Is it too late to join?

Hi girls.

My cheatfree stats were almost of a month, Holidays included, but got sick and had to start all over. I re-started induction yesterday.

My cheatfree rules.-

1.- Follow Atkins 100%
2.- Drink 3-4 liters of water per day
3.- Exercise 3-5 days a week
4.- Convince myself that the measurements are more accurate than what the scale says
After induction will recheck my rules.

Greetings

Marissa

ps.- Glim I just noticed you weren't feeling fine either!! hugs to you!
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 14:45

Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Many thank you's

Couldn't bring myself to the sight yesterday I was so ashamed of myself and then I stumbled again, but, and I me butt, I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and said "is this what you want to look like" the answer to myself, "no". I carry all my extra weight on my stomach and butt, it's not a pretty sight, you know the marbley meat that just sages there.
Then I came to this site and saw all the kind words and thoughts that were sent my way. How tender your words to me were. How could I dissappoint you. I have gotten rid of the Slpenda, it was an expensive purchase but an even more expensive cost to keep it in my house. The chocolate is gone from the candy bowl, and I ate breakfast, lunch and I'm going to eat dinner then go to the movies with my mom. I promise to be good, you can count on me.
Thank you so very much, you are special.
Jo-Ann