Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 09:08

Plan: Atkins.. somewhat
Stats: 286/268/160 Female 5'5"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 14%

hey ruby
I just have 3 words to say about the mock danish:
YUM
FABULOUS
LIFE-SAVING

its worth getting a microwave for Casey was talking about the MisterE thing... welp MisterE is the Resident Forum Sweetheart. You should make a visit to his journal and tell him hi. Hes got a huge fan club with us ladies
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 09:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Casey, I agree with you about the calorie thing. In the beginning I never counted, and then about 6 weeks in I discovered fit-day. I found that I was eating over 3000 calories, but I was losing weight. After a few months, my calorie intake went down as I became more accustomed to the food plan and introduced more vegetables/fruit into my daily diet. I lose best when I'm eating between 1300-1600 calories. Right now I'm just getting adjusted to induction and my calories have been between 1700-2300. I really miss the unlimited chopped romaine lettuce that I used to eat with tuna, chicken or something. Limited to 3 cups of veggies is the hardest part of induction right now.
  #138   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 09:50

Stats: 200/200/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:

Yikes, I'm away for two days and come back and we are up to ten pages!

I have been soooooo good. No cheats, whole foods only. I have not weighed again, once I start weighing, I find myself getting on the scale multiple times each day, and it becomes some hypnotic lure.
I do need to start exercising, don't know what I will do on that front. I did try curves last year, and although I know everyone loves it, it was just not for me, I thought it was boring, plus, the one I went to had extremely odd hours.
I am happy to see so many of us here, count me as a major mock danish fan, I put a pat of butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon on mine when it comes out of the microwave.....so yummy.
How about if everyone shares a favorite low carb meal suggestion? My fave is hot wings, which we are having tonight (yippee) I use a dollop of sour cream to dip them in, and then maybe some steamed broccoli or spinich.
happy losing everyone!
  #139   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 11:08

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 250/225/165 Female 57
BF:
Progress: 29%

boy missed one day of reading this thread and it took me an hour to read. i have ?? who has trouble eating one the weekend. i will get up and start my day and then it is like 2 and i still have not eaten anything.. during the week i do fine.. but need help on the weekends.. i know that it is not good to skip meals..
  #140   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 11:20

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 225/185/160 Female 5'3
BF:Too/Dayum/Much
Progress: 62%

I dont remember who mentioned it, but now its got me all upset! (hehe) I had two weeks off school, and 5 days for christmas and 5 days for new years off work, and I just dont know what I am going to do with myself come Monday! Work starts at promptly 8am, then after than on to school from 6-10.... I am so not looking foward to that. I think the ONLY good thing about it is that it will keep me away from the ice box, but then again.... All we have in the office and at school are the vending machines with chips and candy and soda.. Oh how I long for a sprite.

Maybe Ill take some beef jerky...

Dahlia
  #141   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 11:27
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Wowsers.
I just didn't read since last night and there were almost 2 more pages. I love it!!! Reading and seeing everyone so into it is helping me stay focused.
Fishy...will this 50 pound challenge put you at your goal weight?

I was wondering... I have this horrible addiction to getting onto scales. It's not like I watch for every 1/2 pound to go or anything... It just tells me ??? I don't know something???
Anyway... I was wondering if I go to TOPS one week and don't have some kind of loss, how will I get past it and move on!!!! That has done it for me in the past before. Even though sometimes I know it's due to TOM. TOM only comes to visit 3-4 times a year now since I'm at the ripe old age of 47... Anyway, whenever I go in with a gain I guess if I come here, I'll get the support I need ot keep going.

someone was asking about favorite foods... I like anything that fits my schedule that is easy to make. Like throwing a steak in my George Forman grill... or like yesterday, cooking up a big pan of bratworst with sour crout. I make lots so I can have it for a few meals.
Oh... and omlets... gotta keep those eggs stocked up in the house when I'm doing low carb. I love quiche but it takes too long to make, so when I do make it I make a lot, but Darrell loves it and eats it too fast, LOL.
OK... I have to go get some house work done. I spent too much time on the computer yesterday. My 4 day weekend is wrapping up, so I'm back to work. I'll miss you all during the day.. and will probably jump on the forum as soon as I get home. Hubby is still on swing shift for a few more weeks. But even when he's on days, I'm home before him.
  #142   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 12:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/265/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hello everyone. I am doing well and have decided to jump on the fitday bank wagon as well. I find it a little tedious, but hopefully monitoring my intake of food will give me a good education as well as the kick in the pants I need to move on down the scale. I am sure it will be second nature as soon as I have done it for a while.

Have a fabulous Sunday everyone!
  #143   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 12:45
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I found fitday beyond tedious, in fact trying to get it to cooperate frustrated me to the point of wanting to have a doughnut..talk about counterproductive..

Seriously, I found myself getting WAY too fixated on my carbs, fat and calories, WAY beyond what was healthy. For me, it was just another reason to obsess over food. I'm kind of glad that it has limited usefulness on CAD anyway. My reward meal carb count would make most Atkins-ers faint. (Nothing against Atkins, but it got so I couldn't lose on more than 25 grams of carbs...)

I weighed in this morning at 219 even.... Monday is weigh-in day, but for the first few days of losing rapidly, I get motivated from seeing it go down!! I'll hide from it later when things slow down..
  #144   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 12:57

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Everyone,
WOW, I had to read two pages to get caught up.

I have to laugh about the Mock Danish, well I love my eggs, but to be honest I did not like the Mock Danish, but that doesn't mean someone else won't like it.

I have tons of low carb recipes, however they do require some time in preparing them, but will be more than happy to share any of them. I do a low carb cracker that is great, but I really think some things are best after you get off Induction.

Hope everyone is having a great low carb day.

Can't remember who mentioned it, but I watch my calories as well trying not to go over 1700, some days I'm good at it and some not so good, but there is no way I can eat the 10-12 times my weight in calories. Just a thought.

Joan
  #145   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:01
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Ok gang here is the scoop. I am still missing starting weights from Ernutet, CityGirl8, Katwomen, updown, chefmorais, orygungirl. Don't know if their stats reflect their starting weight or not or maybe they don't want to have me keep their stats. We are up to 31 people now. With each of us wanting to lose 50 pounds in 2004 that would make a loss of 1,550 pounds for the group. Holy Cow! Anyway, since most of us started again on the 1st which was a Thursday we will use that as the end of the week. You may weigh a different day which is great. I will try to update on Fridays what the week loss was. Then at the end of the month will post how much everyone has lost for a total. As soon as you weigh in on your days, let me know so I can record your first week total on my spreadsheet.

Next subject: Cold and snowy here. Made a brocoli cheese soup. It was really good but my cheese just kind of clumped together, couldn't get it to melt very well. But was good. Doing good still. Have a good Sunday everyone.

Last edited by golflady59 : Sun, Jan-04-04 at 13:02.
  #146   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004
Progress: 46%

A typical Teresa story:

My husband and I love to sit at our TV trays and watch the dreaded tube while we eat supper, even though we know we should eat at the table. Well, this may convince me to try to table! Last night we each had a grilled ribeye steak (our absolute favorite low carb meal) with green beans and tomatoes. After making an effort to cut everything up in small bites rather than just fork the steak and gnaw away, I hit the edge of my plate off the tray and all my food goes flinging around the room. I'm not sure what upset me more -- the buttery stains from the green beans all over one of my favorite blouses that I know from past experience will not come out, or the fact that all four of our cats came "racing to the rescue" and starting chowing down on ribeye! BIG SIGH!
  #147   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:38
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

golflady (and everyone else in this marvelous 31+ member challenge!) I have a question. Do you want us to post our changing stats--as in my saying here I'm down to 276 this morning--or should we just pm you so you can surprise everyone? Either way works for me. I'll probably use my Sunday weight as my official weight, 'cause I don't always see so well first thing Monday morning. Something about getting up really early to get in to school really early to get ready for all 110 (no, not all at once!) 7th grade students that float through my classes...

Jude
  #148   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:46
Registered Member

Stats: 352/270/180 Male 5 feet 4 imches
BF:
Progress: 48%

If it is not to late I would like to join this group. I started on friday with a starting weight of 352 lbs.
  #149   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 14:27
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Hi Tom from Vermont. My husband was from Poultney Vermont. I'm going to go visit there in a few years. He says he wants to go visit, but not live... I likes the weather here on the west coast much more.

I went shopping this morning and went for ice and eggs... spent $200. LOL... that's pretty usual.

Dahlia..(get some throw away containers and fill them with low carb things to munch on at work) I bought my containers today and plan on taking some ham slices and cheese chuncks or cheese sticks to work with me tomorrow. A lot of people at work still have their holiday popcorn cans, candy boxes etc at work... I want something to grab if I need it. Also, keep lots of water handy. Before giving into an urge for food, drink 8 oz of water, make yourself wait 20 minutes, sometimes you will forget you wanted something and other times the water in your tummy takes care of the need. It works for me sometimes but not always.

I'll be checking in off and on today... gotta get some housework done, been procrastinating. Laundry is almost done, I let it go longer than usual this time.
  #150   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 17:34
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Hey Tom welcome. You aren't to late to join and I have your stats recored.

I don't know Mossling I was thinking about the PM thing myself and thought that might be eaiser to keep track of stats that way I wouldn't miss it in someones posts. What do you guys think? Everyone PM me with their stats at each weigh in. I will post a total loss for week as a group and post month end totals for everyone? I sure would hate to miss someones weighin and with PM I sure wouldn't miss that way. Then maybe we wouldn't have so many pages to go through with people just weighing in with stats. Not that I don't enjoy reading everyones' items but my goodness already up to 10 pages and only on the 4th of January.

We can save the posts that way for our feelings and recipes and so on and like Mossling said we can all be surprised at how we all did. Let me hear your thoughts.

I also just love reading other threads and seeing our bunny there. Sure is nice to see my friends throughout this whole forum.