Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 22:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

I agree with the pp's. I was so bummed, I got stuck from Dec. 4th to Dec. 19th and I know how horrible it feels (mentally). Just stick with it and keep doing what you're doing and you'll move on
Alli
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 06:35
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%
Default Know how you feel !!

But hang in there. It's just as normal to gain 2 lbs as it is losing 2 lbs.
I wouldn't panic or fret about this yet, it's still early days and I think you're doing great !!! Here is some advice I received on a "black" day !

Weight loss is NOT linear, but if you are doing everything right, the trend is almost always downward.

During Induction, you can REASONABLY expect to lose ~10-15% of the total you need to lose. This means that if you have 100 pounds to lose, 10-15 pounds is very reasonalb efor Induction. If you have 25 to lost, 2.5-4 pounds is not out of the question.

Not everyone will lose at the same rate, especially during Induction. A lot depends on how your metabolism is 'set' and how many times you've yo-yo'd before, and on and on.

Weight can fluctuate up to 7 lbs during any given day (from www.atkins.com) so you could be up or down up to 7 lbs. and still be essentially the same.

There is no disputing that it is scientific fact that a pound of fat is composed of 3500 calories. If you didn't eat 3500 calories more than you needed yesterday, you have NOT gained a pound of fat overnight.

Dr. Atkins suggests that you weigh yourself at the same time of day, BUT NOT EVERYDAY. The recommendation is once per week.

Your body is probably the most amazing, most complex piece of machinery known to exist in our world. There are SO MANY factors that come into play. You might be exercising more and retaining a little water in your sore muscles, you might have had more sodium and be retaining more water, your body might be reacting to any number of outside or inside stimuli that are causing it to hold a few more pounds this morning than yesterday morning. Try to figure it out, and you will assuredly GO MAD!!

A STALL is defined as not losing any POUNDS OR INCHES for a period of AT LEAST 4 weeks, where all other factors are equal. This means you have not added new foods, you have not changed medication, etc. etc. etc. If you have not lost in 3 days, or you have gained a pound overnight, you ARE NOT in a stall.

I would also suggest to cut Aspartame - a lot of people stall using aspartame. Atkins does not recommend it either. Switch to Splenda/Nutreen or other (read about it in DANDR)

I wouldn't panic or fret about it yet, it's still early days and I think you're doing great !!!

GOOD LUCK !!