Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 19:54

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 322.4/287/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default haven't even started..........

and I've lost 4 pounds since thursday! We just bought a scale thursday- had it downstairs and I stepped on it to make sure it worked- unfortunately it worked all too well lol. Anyhow, we moved it upstairs today and i weighed myself and I was 4 pounds lighter then I was on thursday. now I do know it's possible that it may read differently since we did move it to another place. But 4 pounds? kind of funny I thought.

I have breakfast made for tomorrow mornings, and am going to make a big container of salad to eat on during the week. Was wondering if anyone uses a crockpot? We have one and I use it a lot. I guess we can still use it as long as all that we put in it is whatever meat we are eating.

Oh and another thing- it says in the atkins book to eat liberally from the meats, poultry, and fish groups- does this mean you can eat as much as you want? I'm just wondering if we need to be weighing and measuring it.

Can ya all tell I'm excited?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 19:57
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Eat as much as you need to fill yourself up, but don't pig out. Most people don't have to count calories on Atkins because the food is generally quite filling and you don't usually eat more than you need. You will probably need to weigh and measure foods that contain carbs in the beginning, but you shouldn't need to weigh and measure things like meat, poultry, and fish.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 20:10

BF:

thanks. we bought this huge ham butt end a few weeks ago, and i thawed it out thinking we could use that for breakfast or whatever. Well it's been cured with sugar i'm guessing because it says on the label it has 6 grams of carbs per 4oz serving- or something like that. I'm thinking I should just cut it up and refreeze it till after the induction phase? We bought bacon at the store today so I guess we can use that for breakfast instead.

Oh and salad- what do you do for dressing? I was thinking just red raspberry wine vinegar because we have some, but I don't know if I can get hubby to eat that.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 20:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/208.5/165 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

You can have ranch or blue cheese dressing on your salad. Maybe your husband would go for that!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 20:33
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Red raspberry wine vinegar sounds like it might have carbs in it.

I usually make my own salad dressing. I mix three or four parts olive oil to one part red wine vinegar and then add seasonings -- salt, pepper, whatever herbs I feel like. Sometimes I add a little grated parmesan cheese or a little Dijon mustard. If you add mustard, you need to use a whisk to break it up or put it in a jar with a good, tight lid and shake hard.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 20:40

BF:

I can not stay away from this forum lol- my house looks like a train wreck- i have play kitchen food and dishes from one end of the house to the other and paper all over the place- dd had a coloring fest before bed tonight. Hubby is going gasp when he gets home!
ANyhow! I checked the raspberry vinegar- you're right it does have carbs- 1 g per serving, But I just looked in my pantry and found a bottle of red wine vinegar and there is a recipe for a vinaigrette dressing- so i guess i'll try that minus the sugar it calls for. Will have to remember to pick up some bleu cheese too.

Oh I also had a question about vitamin supplements. We bought a multivitamin without iron- since that's what the atkins books says to get, plus a potassium supplement and calcium supplement- I also had vitamin e in the cupboard. Does that sound good? What do all of you take? With dh being extreme hypothyroid right now- I'm not sure what I am at the moment since it's been up and down for 2 years now, I just want to make sure we do this right, don't need to be rushed to the hospital or something.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 21:28
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

About the supplements - I have been told to take magnesium with calcium and I find I really do need the potassium or I am up all night with leg cramps. Sounds like you are on the right track!

As for salad dressing, there are all kinds you can have that are on program - in our stores, we have fresh dressings in the salad section that are really yummy - Caesar dressing especially - that are perfect! There is also a triple cheese and a Greek dressing that are out of this world!! They are Renee's dressings - may be available only in Canada, though! Just read the ingredients on them and you'll be OK.