Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 12:33
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

Quote:
I need some help with planning. I'm going back to work after 3 weeks off. My job is kind of boring and stressful. Sometimes I have nothing to do for weeks at a time. They also supply us with all our meals and unlimited sodas, chocolate etc, which are to be avoided on Atkins. Any tips for avoiding the work foodtrap and the associated emotional eating?

Nawchem- pack your lunch, pack snacks that are LC for when that urge hits, stay as faaaaaar away from the place they keep the treats as possible. Are you allowed to bring things to keep you busy at work? Crafts reading whatever floats your boat? Are you allowed to leave your work station and if a craving hits go out and walk around the parking lot or somewhere nicer than that? Do you have a computer at work so if you get a crave you can come in here and rant or read to keep you focused on you and not food? Can you hang little motivotional signs up around where you will see them to keep yourself on track. Pack a little pick me up note in your lunch- like a daily affermation type thing. Ask your hubby (if you have one) to suprize you with a note now and then, telling you how great you are doing. Stay away faaaar away from the treats- said that didn't I?? lol Are others in your workplace trying to diet? Make up a little group where you all get together and eat lunch. Ask the company to please supply more LC or at least healthier snacks for those of you who are diet conscience?

Do these help any? I'm lucky I"m a homecare RN and am in my own car all day. I do have days where when I go into a patients home and the food smells are wonderful. But withing 30-60 minutes I'm out of there and they leave. It's my choice when and what I eat and I only pack my lunch. I don't carry much extra money so I don't eat out, and if I don't have snacks with me I don't eat them.

Last edited by nursey15 : Sat, Jan-03-04 at 12:36.