Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 15:59
SeeMyself

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Cool Do you guys feel this strongly about this forum as I do?

Good think I am back on induction getting rid of the carb cravings or right now I would be diving into the candy and chips:

I am taking the Christmas tree down today, packing away all the decorations and ornaments my sons had made us with their pictures on them and out of popcycle sticks and more when they were young and in school. Hand-made ornaments my mom made me that are so beautiful, ornaments my dh and I had given to each other when we were only 18, each ornament has a special meaning to it and touches me as I put them in their box for safe keeping till next year.

The holidays are over, winter can be a little bit of a "downer" I am glad I have some weight off, and I am glad I am stuffing the fats in my face instead of the carbs today and boy I am glad I have this forum...... , this forum can be a real life saver, a place to come "quickly, as fast a computer mouse" for support.

You guys are great!

Do you guys feel this strongly about this forum as I do?

Last edited by SeeMyself : Fri, Jan-02-04 at 16:02.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 16:05

Plan: Low Glycemic
Stats: 298/300/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Too much!
Progress: -1%
Thumbs up

I'm pretty new around here, but I can't express how much this site means to me! There've been times that I've read posts and cried because I felt badly for people, I've had tears in my eyes because I appreciated the responses and support; the time that people took to read and respond to concerns, I've certainly had a lot of laughs because people here have a great sense of humor, and I've learned a LOT and have gotten good information!! I don't know anyone who is lcing. Most people I know ridicule this woe. That's okay, I know this is the right thing for me. So yes, I feel very strongly about this forum. Glad I could share this.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 16:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I would not be still doing Atkins if not for this forum and the challenge/buddy threads. I was getting frutrasted about 7 weeks into this with a stall and found this forum in April. It has probably saved my life.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 16:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/186.5/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 9%

WOW fishie48...I am amazed at your loss..I am just going to start induction on Sunday and hope to follow it to the letter - any advice to a newbe?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 17:16
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Hi my name is Donna and I am addicted to the low carb forum. I can see no way to break this addiction. If I do break the addiction I am afraid I will gain weight. I have to have it
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 17:16
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

I prefer to call the forum a new circle of friends
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 17:31
Registered Member

Stats: 188/179/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 14%

I love this forum! I only wish I had more time to come on here between being a mom and with school. This forum has prevented many a cheat. As a matter of fact I am back on this WOE starting this morning. (Its hard to recover from those holiday cheats!!)
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 17:33

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

Defintely!! I have found so much support and encouragement here!! I genuinely treasure my new "circle of friends"
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 17:51
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

I am an addict. Once, I was addicted to cigarettes. Contained and controlled that addiction. Once, I was addicted to carbohydrates. Am containing and controlling that addiction, one day at a time. Now, I am addicted to this forum. Must contain and control myself, or I'd be on here 24/7.

Of course, if I hadn't found this forum, I might not be containing and controlling the carb addiction...

Jude
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 17:52
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

My non-forum friends have been very understanding about my lc WOE.....but I fear they think I have lost my mind when I am continually referring to what someone on this board has said or done! My sweet husband has knuckled under and now says things like "Would you mind asking your friends on the forum what is the best time of year to spray carpenter bee tunnels?"

Really, this whole forum constantly amazes, delights, and warms my heart. I'm sure I would have wandered off into the land of fried chicken long ago were it not for this place.

Kay
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 18:10

Stats: 156/135/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 75%

I have learned so much just by reading the posts here. And the support is incredible. I have not cheated on many occasions remembering things that were posted here. I have profound admiration for many of you who have accomplished so much and look forward to reading about the progress of others.
Thanks to all of you for your help, kindness and support.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 18:46

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

Yes, the sharing, learning, listening, reading... the friends....
and informing old/other friends about this site and what it has to offer is great too!!

thanks for listening!
M-
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 18:55

Plan: LC
Stats: 200/000/000 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

when I do have doubt about on my way of eating or some kind of bad presher form my men...SO many of them... all around me :-)))... that - YOU - .....don't even dare to ask :-)))
....how many....
that here I find other crazy people like me, that are really doing SO fine, and mostly
better then I am

and for all of you that still dont know me...Im not an english speaker , so sorry - for
my english and my spelling... and my......and so for.......

Wishing you all here ... the BEST

Picaboo

#14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 19:17
SeeMyself

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
My sweet husband has knuckled under and now says things like "Would you mind asking your friends on the forum what is the best time of year to spray carpenter bee tunnels?"

Really, this whole forum constantly amazes, delights, and warms my heart. I'm sure I would have wandered off into the land of fried chicken long ago were it not for this place.

Kay

Kay, tell your husband:

For clients with recurring and heavy carpenter bee problems, especially those living in log cabins or cedar homes, a spring service just as the carpenter bees become active in May is best.

lol
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 19:19
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Why, thank you! We did it back in June, but then forgot to do the packing with steel wool bit in September. I'll remind him about spring application.

Kay