Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 16:12

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Back from my day of errands. I ended up going to the fabric store (they're still out of the fabric I need -- I have one and one-half ottomans recovered because I was an idiot and didn't buy enough fabric), then to the book store to return the duplicate set of Lord of the Rings (I bought a set for DH, and DH bought a set for me). Then I went to a home goods store for a lamp, didn't find one. Then lunch at Ground Round (like Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday). Then I had a pedicure. Lovely.

So any idea on the carb counts for a chicken caesar salad, no croutons? Isn't there a web site somewhere that lists restaurant dishes?

A little sore from working out yesterday, but not bad. I'll do the whole workout again tomorrow. It takes a little over an hour to do. I got anal and entered the whole thing into the computer. For upper body, I do three circuits of 4 to 5 exercises each (in BFL style: reps of 12, 10, 8, 6, and 12, with ever-increasing weights). For lower body, I do one circuit of 2 exercises, and then one circuit of 4 exercises, again in BFL style. It sounds weird, but it works out well. I chose the exercises in each circuit because they all use the Bowflex in the same way (no major changes in the configuration).

Wendy, don't sweat the couple pounds. Do get back on the train, but don't fret too much. It's probably water. Like Orang said, you did it before so you can do it again.

Orang, too bad about the tests being postponed. I hate when that happens. And WAY too bad about your Ex. Scary stuff. Do you have a restraining order on him (like it really makes any difference)? I know that just the sight of him must do a number on your psyche. I don't know of anyone using the Wellbutrin. You're smart enough to monitor your reactions, so you'll know quickly whether it's right for you or not. And hey, if it helps you lose a few pounds in the process, that's great!

Unity, that is a great name. Sounds like you have your hands full. As you can see from my signature, I had gotten down to 155 and a definite size 8. Then, like you, I started having a little something here, and a little something there. I maintained for a long time like this, so the "little" somethings became "bigger" somethings, and the rest is history.

It might be harder for you this time (I know it is for me). I have this radical idea, though. See what you think about it:

I plan to stop drinking alcohol, eat natural foods in moderation, keep carbs down to around 30, and exercise on a regular basis.

Now I know that sounds pretty far out, but nothing else I've tried has actually worked. I'll let everyone know how this is working for me. I wanted to get down to 160 by the end of February (DH and I are going to Marco Island, FL). At least it's something to shoot for.

So that's it for now. Catch you later!