Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 09:07

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 322.4/287/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default new here

Hello. Hubby and i are actually starting the Atkins diet on sunday. But I found this website and am finding it very helpful already. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have 165 pounds to lose, hubby has 65. We are both hypothyroid and this is pretty much my last resort. I don't really eat, and I exercise daily- plus I am at home with a VERY energetic 3 year old that doesn't allow me to sit much- course I'm sitting typing this right now haha. Anyhow, that's about it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 09:11
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Welocme! I believe you have come to the place to cure your "ills". But I am prejudiced as it cured most of mine. (wink)
You do your part and the Atkins way of eating/life will do it's part!
There are a great many people on these boards with more knowledge of why-for's of the diet...but scant few that know more about the life-saving properties! If I can ever be of any assistance feel free to holler!
Good luck! And great health!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 09:56

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Welcome to the TDC! The support you will receive here is wonderful. Everyone is so helpful. I can tell you for sure that this way of life truly works! It took me a couple of months to really understand it and get into it fully, but it was well worth it. Learn everything you can, and start a journal. Good luck to you and your hubby!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 09:57

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

Welcome to the board and to this new WOL!!! Jump right in and make yourself at home!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 10:04

Plan: low carb-atkins
Stats: 280/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:40/27.5/22
Progress: 85%

Welcome.....You have come to the right place...there are so many wonderful people on this site...

Good luck in your LC journey!!!

Janet
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 11:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Welcome aboard.

I'm also hypothyroid after a bout with Graves Disease, and I have found success losing weight and feeling good with low carb eating. If your experience with low carb is anything like mine, you'll start feeling better quickly, and losing weight at a pretty good pace. And if you stick with this forum, you will find tons of great information, support and assistance.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 12:46
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins for breastfeeding
Stats: 250/245/150 Female 5'5"
BF:2Much junk N trunk
Progress: 5%

This is a great place to be. I'm new also, started a week ago, but I already love it.
I know what you mean with the 3 year old. I have a 7,4, 2 yr old and newborn! They keep you busy huh? lol I'm on the comp a lot though due to online college class. I just moved their playroom in here so I can watch them. :-) Look forward to seeing you around.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 19:43
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Welcome Mom to you and your husband. You will do well! I am finding recording all my food at www.fitday.com is really helpful and keeps me out of mischief -- it's amazing to see how fast food adds up. Even with the low carbs, you cannot pig out on protein and fat and expect to lose quickly -- I've found this out the hard way!

As for your hypothyroidism -- are you properly medicated? Some doctors will not adjust your meds if you register on the lower side of normal but if you have hypo symptoms, you should ask to have your dosage upped. I have done that a couple of times and it makes a huge difference.

Good luck on your journey especially with your little one. In New Jersey, you will likely get lots of snow so build a snowman for us -- you'll get exercise for you and he/she will have a blast (and sleep well too)!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:25

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 322.4/287/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 22%

Awww you all made my day! Kyras dad- my husband had the rai therapy about 8 months ago- has yet to get his thyroid even close to functioning- they've upped his meds 3 times now- course this is the military we are talking about haha. Mine will read normal, and then 2 months later it won't- been like that ever since our daughter was born. They put me on synthroid and it made me achy and I started getting really bad sore throats and that was on the lowest dose. So now they just tell me it's my weight- which I'm sure that is a contributing factor lol.
Anyhow, I am really looking forward to getting started. We are picking up the book and a few things tomorrow. It's going to be interesting trying to do this with a child who loves her fruit and veggies more then anything else- she'd eat them all day if we let her.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 21:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Welcome outdoormom. Everyone is so helpful and encouraging. Blessings, Maureen