Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 09:04

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Gee, Elaine. At first I was going to ask you for the address of that horoscope site, but after what you wrote I think I'll pass.

Dinner last night was very good. We weren't there 10 minutes, though, when I realized my bracelet was missing. It looks like a very expensive tennis bracelet, with different shaped diamonds in it. It was my mother's, and though they're definitely not real diamonds, it has sentimental value. (If real, the bracelet would probably cost $15,000 to $20,000, which is why I'm always amazed when people think it's real.)

We looked all around the restaurant, and DH went out to the Explorer. There it was on the running board. Phew!

Dinner was nice. I had 2 small slices of bread slathered in butter, 2 crab cakes for an appetizer, and filet mignon (naturally), about 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes, and about a cup of broccoli as the main course. One Irish whiskey and 1 glass of red wine. And yes, I did dessert. I had lemon meringue pie, minus the meringue because I can't stand it. They put some whipped cream on it for me. Also, I didn't eat the crust.

So today starts anew. I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions, and this is not one, but I am getting serious starting right now. I'm back up to 170, but retaining water so I should be back down to 165 within a week if I mind my Ps and Qs.

Mind if I rant for a second? Why don't people dress up anymore? DH and I were the best-dressed in the whole restaurant last night. It was a nice restaurant (we spent over $100 for dinner, so it wasn't a "family" restaurant). Even the waitresses were better dressed than most of the diners. There were sloppy, old, faded jeans, running shoes, and sloppy sweaters.

DH wore a nice suit and tie (the only suit and tie in the place), and I wore my slinky low-cut black dress, a black chiffon stole for a little warmth, and heels. When we walked by the tables, people actually stopped eating/drinking and just stared! When we sat at our table in a small room with only one other table, occupied by a couple a little older than us, the man stopped talking to his wife, turned his head fully to the side and stared at me for about 30 seconds! How rude that was to his wife!

So what's wrong with looking nice? Frankly I don't care that we were the King and Queen of the Prom. I felt great, and I know we looked great.

OK, end of rant.