Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 07:03
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default new year new start

Am I actually considering re-doing induction? No coffee (gasp). No diet soda (double gasp) Say it aint so. I have been tossing and turning like a fiend for the past hour thinking of this. Jan 1. New beginning. Fresh start. (shivers).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 07:04

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

You are a braver woman than I. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 08:06
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Two weeks to kick start better health is wisdom in my opinion. You've done so well so far that you know you are worth it!

I join you in your 2 weeks but I will keep my coffee, thank you just the same. (wink)

Mine is more a test of the "Emergency Porker Channel" to see if it was me stopping coffee that led to my big weight loss in December. Those 19.5 pounds in 3 weeks was my biggest (by far) loss since induction...and I KNOW most of that was water. I have been at 2 pounds or below for a long time...and at my size (your mileage may vary) normally you burn more calories just to lug around this much weight. If the next 2 weeks see a similar (not nearly THAT big but more than 1 pound a week)...I can assume that it is the SF treats that slow me down. If I don't see a big change then I will see (probably) that it is coffee that slows my metabolism.

Again...I congratulate you on doing FOR YOU. I have no idea what my New Year's resolution will be other than my continued search for better health...but I will make a (some) NY resolutions after I figure out what is doable for me.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 08:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/184/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:lost track
Progress: 56%

Argh...Life without coffee would NOT be pleasant for me or DH. I only ingest 8 little oz of the stuff, but without it...I am a SPACE CADET!
Last year my resolution was to lose weight. I hung in there. It will be 1 year on the 21st of Jan. I am excited as this is only the 2nd NY resolution I stuck to. (The first was divorcing my ex-husband) I am far better off having stuck to both resolutions.
Do what you gotta do for you! You have done GREAT so far! You got my thumbs up. I however will drink the coffee for ya!
Hugs,
Tanya
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 08:38

Stats: 277.5/277.5/199 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I manage a Starbucks store. If I can give up caffeine, you can too, irisda! When I'm at work I occasionally fix myself an 8 oz coffee and sip from it a bit. I never have very much, just to get the taste and stay acquainted with our product. I am very surprised that I don't miss it. Just like the carbs, when you get something out of your system and break the habit, you rely on good food for sustainable energy over time.

Good luck with this!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 10:29

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

a return to enduction can be good not only for your metabolism but also your mental state. As long as you don't abuse it as Dr Atkins says if can be a good thing.

BTW Atkins changed to allow 1 8oz beverage a day containing caffeine during induction now.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 10:41
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

HUH? WHAT? CAFFEINE ON INDUCTION. I GOTTA GO BACK AND DO SOME RE-READING. Oh yeahhhhhhhhh. I am feeling better and better about this. Thanks so much Atkins4!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 10:52
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:

Well good for U Irisda!! U know I'll be joining you.
I dont really drink coffee anymore but I do take Atkins Accel and each pill has the equivalent of one cup of coffee. I dont see anything on the bottle indicating that U aren't to have in during Induction.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 10:56

Stats: 277.5/277.5/199 Male 5'8"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkins4myW
a return to enduction can be good not only for your metabolism but also your mental state. As long as you don't abuse it as Dr Atkins says if can be a good thing.

BTW Atkins changed to allow 1 8oz beverage a day containing caffeine during induction now.

REALLY???????????????????????? COOL!!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 11:50

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hey I will be right there with you. Induction is actually something I am looking forward to.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 12:20
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

I'm with you--new year, new induction. I overindulged on a visit to LA and had to up my stats by 5 pounds. <sigh> 2 weeks clean (well, I'm going to have a cup of coffee each morning so my students can stand me!) starting tomorrow.

Jude
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 12:52

Plan: Atkins ‘72
Stats: 260.5/179.0/180 Female  5'5 1/2
BF:My hubs
Progress: 101%

I'll join..... induction begining tomorrow!!!! What a great way to do it with friends..!!!

Besides after being able to lose as much weight as you all have, 2 weeks is nothing!

Good luck!