Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 11:29
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%
Talking Lose 50 pounds in 2004--starting over

I'm starting over in 2004. I've gotten off track for several months. I want to lose at least 50 pounds in 2004.
Anyone want to join me. Any low carb plans are welcome.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 12:11
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 177/177/127 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Oh yes, 50 sounds perfect

I would love to join you. If I can get the 50 pounds off, I will be a very very happy person. I am on my way to a 1 January induction start, paving the way by giving up my morning coffee for a few days to just get through that difficult bit before I start lc-ing. ANything else you can think of that it might be worth coping with first, before really starting.

I weigh 170 today, and am going to weigh myself first after the 14 days of induction: how often will you weigh and report?

Good luck to us and everyone else who joins in here!!!

Ruby J.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 15:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004
Progress: 46%
Cool Count me in to drop 50!

Fifty is my exact goal for 2004! It sounds like so much, but let's go for it. This means I need to lose approximately one pound a week, or average a little for four pounds a month. That sounds like a great goal for me. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by TAK : Sun, Dec-28-03 at 15:33.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 16:00
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!

I am in. Would be very happy to lose that and is very feasible. 1 pound a week at least would be good. Starting induction again on Jan. 1. When do you want us to check in Cheryl?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 22:53
Living LaVita LoCarb

Yeah... some takers... we can now support ourselves.
I think we can just check in whenever we are online and want to check in.
I belong to TOPS and weigh in weekly there and also go to curves and weigh in now and then. I have not been to curves for two weeks.
I feel like I have started over on everything. I did good today, I'm so excited. Now I'm contenplating, I bought a bottle of white zinfindel for New Years eve... Now I'm not so sure I want to drink it. The first day is always the hardest, now I kinda feel like I got a jump start on the new year.
Oh... My stats are wrong, those are from months ago.
I got up to 292 at TOPS on the 16th and then was 289 on the 23rd. I am so afraid of topping the scale at 300...

My biggest problem to conquer is what other people think. I tell myself over and over again not to pay attention, but I do and it's my biggest down fall. I have 2 co-workers who are anti-low carb (They are both diabetics) One of them has so many sugar ups and downs through out the day.) The other one just says she can't do it, she's tried and can't stick with it, but hates to hear any type of "diet" talk at all. That's the person I share an office with.

I need to talk about it sometimes, so I'm glad I will have you guys to come to. Also, I will be reporting my food in my journal.

I'm so happy I got started again today.

What about my white zinfindel???? Wonder how many carbs that is?????
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 00:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 216/211/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

I haven't been here in a few months and the last time I was here, I was about 178lbs. Now, after months of stress and drama I am 200 lbs, my highest ever!!! Now, I'm BACK and ready to lose this weight....COUNT ME IN!!!! You guys ready??
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 02:05
Registered Member

BF:
Default New Year's Eve

Cheryl:
My thought is for you to have *some* of the Zinfandel. If you don't have it on New Year's Eve , you may brood about it, and then take revenge on yourself the next day. The wine isn't much in the carb category: I think its something like .8 for 3 ounces. But I would have it all on New Year's Eve itself -- and let New Year's Day be a clean LC day. 'Getting ready' to begin might include being very good on your food for the day, but giving youself a celebration Send-Off with a few glasses of wine. I have a small split of champagne that I am going to have New Year's Eve myself.
COUNT DOWN TO INDUCTION: 3 DAYS LEFT!!!!! 29/30/31.... then
BLAST OFF!!!!!

Ruby J.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 23:36
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Count me in... I decided to do CAD and start the first... I need somebody to keep me honest!!! I've been off the wagon since Christmas Day, and need to do another weigh-in and reset stats..but I'm waiting until I absolutely HAVE to..
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 23:55
Living LaVita LoCarb

Potato Free... yes get started again... You've come too far to go back now....

Ruby... I think I will have a glass or two, I've already decided on the snack foods I'm going to have. I'm going to make a meat and cheese tray, celery with cheese and deviled eggs. When I drink the wine I'll get munchies so I'll have to make sure I have the right stuff available.

Everyone else... YES...lets get started... New years is T-2 days

We can do it.

Cheryl
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 05:36

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Count me in on this tooo

Hi, I'm a Cheryl tooo.

And I do need to lose the 50Lbs as well. I usually weigh in on mondays, But will weigh in on the 1st and reset my stats as well. So I will change my weighins to Thursdays.Today is my first day back into induction (again) Now that Christmas is behind I think I can re-focus on staying LC. I feel like the goodyear blimp after this past week of eatting like there was no tomorrow LOL. Add in enough gas to float around the world a few times. LOL can't wait to get to day three and feel normal again

Sooo glad you started this thread Cheryl, we can do this

Cheryl #2
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 06:24
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hello Cheryls

I am now on day four without Coffee and I am pretty glad that I have dealt with that problem before starting Induction on New Year's Day. Now, I am strugglingh with what I am doing between now and then....don't want to binge and gorge.....

Ms. Zinfandel: I have a split of Champagne for New Year's Eve, so why don't we raise a TOAST at midnight (which may be at different times! since I am in London) to pledge ourselves to a stsrong, brave, and successful Induction?!

Hope all is well allaround,

Ruby J.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 06:50

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

I am going to post with you guys too! I am actually hoping to lose 75 pounds in 2004 though...I lost 50 pounds in 2003 since August so I am hoping I can do 75 this coming year. I am not off plan right now but I have been sneaking fudge here and there lately..naughty me!!! I am still losing weight though which is crazy! lol In January I want to go clean as clean can be too...
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 10:36
Registered Member

Stats: 157/157/130 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:

I'd like to jump in here too--if you all dont mind. I've been reading your posts and this sounds like exactly what I need......a group of caring people who will keep me motivated and lend unconditional support along the way!

I was doing great on Atkins until I went on my Florida vacation over Thanksgiving. I tried but I guess not hard enough because I just couldn't get entirely back on the wagon again. So, my hubby suggested that I stop torturing myself about it and just vow to start fresh again with the new year. So, that is my promise to all of you and mostly to myself. My New Year is going to start with a new positive attitude and a committment to becoming a healthier me! I'm so glad to find a group of people with similar goals in mind.

Like everyone else; I will weigh myself again on Thursday (yikes--this should be good after celebrating the night before!). Then I will reset my stats and list some goals that I feel I can attain. I'm really looking forward to conversing with everyone here! This is OUR YEAR friends, I can feel it!!!!!

Jen
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 11:31

Stats: 240/224/100 Female 4' 7"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default What the hell

I think I will join too, though I am afraid to weigh myself after finally reaching my lowest weight in almost 2 years. I have been losing sooooooooooo slowly. But after I stopped counting carbs I had a woosh and lost 4lbs this past weekend.

I usually do not attempt to join in anything like this because of the accountability factor. I'm not a huge fan of not living up to my expectations. But NO MORE...Today is the first day of the rest of my life, and by-golly..I'm gonna live it up

I know I am cheating on New Year's Day. We crash at a friend's house on New Years Eve, and his wife makes biscuits and gravy. Tis a tradition I am not stopping.....Hmmm..she may have changed it since her hubbie is now on Atkins too...

ANYWAY, I am feeling confident and know that I needn't wish luck: WE CAN DO THIS!!!! At least I'm gonna die tryin' LOL.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 11:37

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Hi everybody!

I'm fairly new to this board, but I'm an old LCer who fell off the wagon. I started back with intervention this week and started my first BFL challenge, too. My goal is about 65 pounds, so I'm in with the Lose 50 in 2004! My usual weigh and measure day is Sunday, so I just updated my stats.

I know this works and I know we can all do it!