Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 12:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/169/120 Female 5'2"
BF:don't know
Progress:
Default Need to talk to second timers

How is it going the second time? I hear it's harder and need tips. How much do you exercise? I do 30 min. on the treadmill a day at about 3.0-3.3 mph. I hate to exercise, so even doing this is hard to keep up, but I know I have to. Do you measure inches or weigh yourself periodically? I also bought keto stix, so I'm all set.

I need encouragement as a second timer. I lost 50 lbs. the first time and am afraid that was my only chance for Atkins to work.

Thanks for any responses. I am desperate for a little cheering on :)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 20:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204.5/157/142 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Well I cant give you much in the way of advice, as I am in the same boat you are. I will, however, be here anytime you need for some much deserved cheering on!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 21:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 241/231/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I hope that the third time is the charm!

I do so well until I let myself get distracted. The first time was health problems and two surgeries, the second time a combination of work and home. I have let 8 months pass by feeling guilty about every carb I ate, but I refuse to stop this time! I am so tired of being out of shape, especially when I know just how well this WOL works when you are dedicated.