Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 17:50

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Personal experience

My personal fibre experience is that it doesn't keep me regular at all. It may have other benefits, but whether I get a lot or not (some days I do, other days I don't), it doesn't affect my regularity. What does affect it is calcium. I take 500mg of calcium in the morning and again in the evening. If I skip just one dosage, I have problems within 24 hours and it takes 24 hours after starting back up on my calcium for it to clear up. As long as I take my calcium, I never have a problem.

I do, however, agree that nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables are an indispensable part of a balanced diet, and I will continue to eat them as part of my low-carb WOL. But grains and other starches are not nutrient dense and don't need to be part of my WOL, and I don't miss them one bit.

Sorry -- personal rant.
Sponsored Links