Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 06:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

The weekend after Christmas, and I am paying for the aftermath. up 5#'s - it took me 2 months to take off this 5#'s and a week to put it back on. YUCK....
Started taking Wellbutrin for smoking cessation. don't know what it does, but hope it takes the edge off when I put these boys down. Quit date is the 1st. Counting cigarettes now along with my carbs....lol
Guess I have to go back on induction. Having an allergic type reaction these last 2-3 days where my sinus drains and eyes itch and water awful. Can't even put on makeup. My eyes are so itchy they feel raw. wonder if it is the food or the drug giving me a reaction? Guess I'll look up the drug and see what's going on.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 10:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/177.5/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 41%

Ricky,
You're not the only one whose pounds found their way back. It's really difficult to avoid all those goodies during the holidays. All we can do is get back to better eating now and go from there. I've been on the Zyban(Wellbutrin) before and it actually got me off cigarettes for a year. Unfortunately, I'm back to smoking again, but plan on making that my New Year's resolution as well.

susieQ
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 18:04

BF:

Suzie - are those both the same drugs -zyban/wellbutrin? haven't taken them today and haven't had a sinus spell today..so far.
Just feel so swollen, wonder if the ham is giving me heck too. REALLY REALLY thirsty, knocked out 8 bottles of water yesterday and working on 6 or 7 today. Can't seem to get hydrated, but feel like I'm about to burst
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 18:28
Registered Member

BF:

Ricky,
Wellbutrin is the generic of Zyban. It does have a side effect of giving you dry mouth, so that would explain the extreme thirst you're having. I've never heard of it affecting the sinuses. If you normally have some allergies and it's been very windy where you live, that could cause the sinus problems and burning eyes. I know windy days wipe me out no matter what season of the year we're in.

susieQ
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 18:34

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Sorry about the gains. Add me to the list. I don't know what my problem is. I had some candy and I thought now why do I feel that I need to eat that just because it was given to me I could just have easily eaten a peice or two of my sugar free kind and I might not have opened myself up to that all or nothing thinking that says well I goofed might as well enjoy it all today. (Everything I can get my hands on that is) Then I feel dread of having to go back to the lc for several days just to break even and then well...another temptation and we do it again.

Good grief! When will I take this woe seriously again and get back to losing weight. I was so happy two year ago when I lost 15lbs and kept it off for about a year. I still had more to go but my clothes fit and I was feeling great!

AND how do you get over the quilt of "look how much time I have wasted...if I had been eating according to plan I would have been at my goal by now"...

I am tired of the guilt, weight, and steady gaining that I am struggling with!

HELP

Anyone else doing better?
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 07:31

BF:

I'm no expert - but the guilt factor can be overcome by motivation - and there is no magic pill for motivation. Focus on the goal not the past, you only have today - so get psyched about it. Get up and empower yourself - ask the right questions and you get the right answers. Self talk is key but you have to put it into ACTION.
How else can we get 3-6 intense work outs in every week. How else can we go to the store for groceries and not buy the easy pre packaged stuff to cook. We know what's best for us - we deserve it - we do it.
Make a promise to yourself - Carpe Diem - Seize the day, grab it by the ---- and shake it up.
I have to get physical about it or I gype myself of the extra ump I need be an active participant in my daily affairs, Life is not a spectator sport.
(boy, that felt good - think I'll go work out now lol)
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 12:00

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Hey ya'll! I'm just checking in---I'm leaving here tomorrow and won't have access to a computer until I'm home on the 2nd.

I'm stuck here in h-e-l-l. A dieter's nightmare. Chips everywhere. Absolutely no control over the menu. Pasta the past two nights. Candy dishes. Yuck. I've been pretty good for breakfasts and lunches. I'm sort of doing CAD (is that the one w/ the reward meal?). I eat the dinner, but a small serving and I eat it within an hour. I've no idea what my weight is. I'm buying water bottles to try to get my water in.

I'm just holding on til I get home and I'll start induction again and lots of exercise.

Got to go--turkey dinner! Stay with it girls!
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 06:10

BF:

It's Tuesday morning - I've stopped taking those pills and the allergic reaction has weakened tremendously. Down to 163 this morning, so in 4 days I dropped 4 of the 5#'s I gained "overnight" - Don't feel so bloated even though I'm going through 7-8 bottles of water a day. So whatever I am allergic to - I am really allergic to. I believe it is the chocolate and brown sugar - well any sugar. Just overloaded. Can't look back now, gotta look forward for today is all I have. Amen
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 17:39

You're dpomg great ricky47. You don't have that far to go.

Mamasara I can empathize with the pasta and no control over the menu. When I hit those kind of situation I do a CAD type also. It is where there are only 2 lc meals 1 snack if necessary, and the reward meal finished within an hour. They don't let you snack like the atkins diet. I am finally seeing the scale go down again. It is about time.

I hope you get through your trip ok. Good luck!

I HAVE GOT TO GET THAT EXERCISE THING GOING! THAT IS REALLY MY DOWNFALL!

Oh by the way...talked to a skinny women at work. She says she really has to watch it to but she drinks a ton of water and that really helps...Just a reminder to those of you like me that have a hard time with the water.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 17:40

oops big typo that I didn't see. Meant to say you're doing great ricky47
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 18:13

Stats: 205/?/160 Female 66 inches
BF:Who knows?!
Progress: 53%

Well.. I LOST for Christmas morning.. kept it off till Sunday morning.. then gained back on Monday a whole 4 lbs, but I'm back down to 181 again, sigh. I wish I were lower. I might be tomorrow.. I've been very very careful today (with the exception of a small small amount of ice cream which I shared with the baby).

I want to be 179 again for New Years Day, what a way to ring in the new year!!!! We're going to see LOTR on New Years Eve.... I'll have to steer clear of the popcorn, eh? LOL! What else can I eat there? I might have to go buy a couple of LC chocolate bars to get me through, it's a three hour movie!!!!

Blessings!
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 21:00
Registered Member

BF:

Well, I managed to drop the 2 lbs. that I put back on and an additional pound. After eating bread and potatoes tonight, I'm sure some of it'll find it's way back to me. I wish I could make myself drink water since that seems to be a big key to weight loss. Any New Year's resolutions out there? Mine, lose weight(of course) and quit smoking.

Ricky,
If you're still having allergic reactions, try cutting out everything you may think is causing it and if that doesn't work, consult an allergist.

Everybody have a Happy New Year.

suziQ
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 20:58

Stats: 205/?/160 Female 66 inches
BF:Who knows?!
Progress: 53%

My new years resolution is to get my butt in gear in this diet and to get those pounds gone. I also resolve to drink LOTS more water.. even if I don't want it. grin!!!!

Blessings!
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 23:30

My new years resolution is to 1) Drink alot of water
2) Exercise 3 X Week no matter what it is!
3) Take time to eat healthy!!
4) Have quiet time built into my day everyday.

I lost .5 lbs and it is back on plus some today...I am sure it is water as I doubt that it can be fat in just a day. Thankfully! I want to get rid of my big clothes with confidence this year!!! I hate feeling like I need to hang onto it.

Happpppyyyy New Year everyone!
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 08:03

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%
Smile

Hi! I'm back! It never felt so goooood to get home! We spent waaayy to many hours in the car. But my 6 wonderful children were great!

I think I'm only 1 lbs. up from when I left---177. That's awesome, considering my options. At my mom's I broke down crying after a funky breakfast and decided to start afresh. So I went out and bought eggs and cheese and started induction on Wednesday--or was it Tuesday?

We're having a big party tonight with lots of lc foods. I'll have to divide the table in half so the lcers know where to go and where NOT to go!

Shaerat, did you see LOTR???? OMG, my family is obsessed! (As you might guess by my avatar!) I saw it twice opening day--once w/ the boys and later with dh and dd who had to wait til after work and school. I ate pretty much just a whole can of cashews that day and lost like 3 lbs. overnight. That was the whoosh I told you all about a couple of weeks ago! DH and I are dying to go see it again soon. I'm taking dd and her best friend tomorrow....maybe I'll go to! ;-) I love the books!

Got to run--lots of cleaning, shopping and cooking to do!

Oh, here are my NY's resolutions:
1/Drink 100 oz. of water daily.
2/Exercise--The Firm and walking/running 5 days