Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 09:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz175
The people I don't like are the ones who press me to learn how much I lost. While I have told a few people that I lost 100 pounds, I don't think it is much of anyone's business and I don't usually reply to those questions. I'm not sure if it is fair, but I can always hear the wheels clicking in the heads of the people who ask this as they contemplate working backwards to figure out what I used to weigh.

Me. . .I love to tell people the amount of weight I have lost. . .(I just don't tell them what I weigh right now). . .to me it is like my art . . .I love to show kids my magazine articles, my pictures in Sarajane Helms book "Celebrations in Polymer Clay" and my gallery show. . .I want them to understand the people that do those things aren't out there. . .somewhere else. . .magically better than anyone else. . .same with weight loss. . .not just those people on Oprah. . .but real everyday people can lose a 100+ pounds. I feel it's part of my job. (Can't wait til I can say I have lost 100 pounds!) Share the joy! redawn~but don't forget to address the topic of this thread. . .how are you going to deal with the crutch of weight after you don't have it anymore? Like a crutch it either helped us or hindered us. . .many of us it did/does both.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 284/270/130 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Someone mentioned avoiding being photographed. About 7 years ago, a woman I knew in school died suddenly. Like many of us, she hated having her picture taken. At the service we had for her at school, there were no pictures of her, because none could be found. I have always thought about her as I made myself be photographed, even at my highest weight. You don't have pictures taken for you. You have them taken for them that loves ya. Believe me, I had some pictures of me while pregnant that I would gladly burn, but I will keep them, for my husband.

~~Amaara
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 16:24

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

That is such a good (sad) point Amaara - I HATE being photographed but I never though of it along those terms...