Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 20:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/136/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%
Angry I hate the scale!

I had stalled for a a couple of weeks, I think do to my TOM. Then last Monday I was 145! Only 5lbs away from my goal. Then I started feeling fat this week and when I weighed myself tonight I was back to 149!! I wouldnt mind so much but I want to join the Air Force and my weight has to be under 146. Its so disheartening, I'm scared I'm gonna gain all my weight back and never be able to join. My TOM is starting in like two weeks, could this be it? I've been doing induction for about 8wks now and as of the other monday I'd lost 19lbs and a couple of inches. I havent changed my woe at all. I wish I could stay off the scale but its addicting! Like if I feel fat, I weigh myself to see if the scale agrees and when it does I get depressed. I hate the scale!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 20:48
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Without knowing what you're eating, it's hard to say. My bet is it IS the TOM, but how about posting a couple day's menu so we can see if there are any "red flags"?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-03, 21:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 314/195/180 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Okay, we're in the same boat. There are times that I love the scale but lately I have been hating it. Now I highly doubt that TOM is causing my problem since I am one of those types that "has a penis" but something is causing me to not only not lose weight but for the last few days it has shown a gain. In short, I'm a little ticked. Anyway, I'll jsut keep on keeping on and wait for the results. It only makes sense that if I'm burning more calories than I eat eventually my body will have no choice but to get in line with the program. Hang in there and show your body whose boss. That's my philosophy.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 08:40

Stats: 220.0/220/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

Ack, same thing with me this morning, 2lb gain! Of course, I have been exercising, so the next thing i did was measure, and sure enough i was down a bit in that aspect..but still!!

Honestly, i've been trying to get my calories up and i hate it, feel like i'm eating too much.

Libra, good luck to you, I just KNOW i'll will come off for you!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 08:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 190/175.0/150 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I too have developed a serious love-hate relationship with my scale. Right now, mainly hate! I guess I got used to seeing it move downward .5 or 1 lb. every couple of days, and now that it hasn't budged in a week, I despise the thing!

Libra...you mentioned in your post that you had weighed 'at night'...you'll almost always be disappointed in what you see if you weigh at any other time than when you first wake up in the a.m. after using the bathroom. Most of what you've eaten and drank during the day will show up on the scale in the evenings...I've weighed in the morning after drinking just a cup of tea, and it'll show a half-pound increase from 10 minutes prior!!

I'm thinking of putting my scale in the trunk of my husband's car just to stop the insanity for a week or two.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 09:05
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

As of this morning I am "SCALE-FREE".. Im taking some peoples advice from this forum and paying more attention to how I feel in clothes etc for now on. And since I can never stay away from the scale I threw it out,lol. Now I will only be weighed once a month at the doctors or when going to Moms house..I never cared about a scale much till I started this WOE, now Ive gone crazy with it.So bye bye scale for now
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 10:43

Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

You are stressing yourself out. Our bodies like to shut down when stress is high. Leave that scale alone for a week. Get a friend to take it away and learn to listen to your body. If you keep going on this WOE it will happen. Take it easy focus on some thing else.
angie
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 10:54

Stats: 230/201/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

I wanted to show a really good loss when I went to the Dr. yesterday. I was up 3 pounds for no reason except stress. This morning I was down again.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 22:40

Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%

i always gain a few pounds during tom, and i can't lose at ALL during tom, but i know it will come off as soon as it's over, and whatever i've lost will come off in the next couple of days. so it's probably just water retention from tom. that's what happens with MY body, anyway.

you must be so stressed with your goal!! no worries, though, you sound like you are doing so well with this. oh, and water, water, water helps me out so much. wish u luck...oh, one more thing--i, too, am addicted to the scale, but i think this comes from the beginning of induction when it's exciting to see those first twenty pounds just woosh off...i got on, like, every morning for three weeks...now i just do every couple of days. so you're doing just fine. just drink that water. good luck.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-03, 10:17

Stats: 203.5/163/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 52%

Also, since you are getting close to your goal, you might want to start thinking about pre-maintenance and adding more carbs back in (the good ones!). This might help you lose the weight also. But the weight loss is always slower the closer you get to your goal.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-03, 15:39

Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Wait Libra81, you weighed at night? AT NIGHT???!!! Well no wonder! I always weigh in the morning, first thing, naked, after trimming my nails, and never on a full bladder. I wouldn't weigh myself at night even if forced to at gunpoint.