Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 09:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Exclamation Need to be flogged

I was so frustrated with not having lost anymore weight, (surely I was doing something wrong) I went on a full fledged binge......I had french fries, cookies, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and pizza in a 2 day time span. I figure I will eat low carb but not induction levels til christmas then restart induction. I have already gained 3 pounds........It was my first cheat in almost a month...I didn't even want it, I just did it to spite myself.....
Please punish me........It will make me feel better...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 09:51
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Andie. Sorry, my cat-o-nine-tails is in the shop, so no whoopins from me. Just some random thoughts.

Y'know, there are all kinds of reasons for going off plan: you got stuck somewhere and you had no choice, you were surrounded by food and just "slipped", you were stressed, it was a special occasion... but "to spite yourself" is probably the most self-abusive. Demand to be treated better by yourself in the future. Find a better way than bingeing to have a stress-blowout. Go for a power walk or clean something... or just pop in here and vent.

Really think about why LCing is important for you - make it more than the weight. Do it to treat your body respectfully and feel better. Do it to avoid diabetes and heart disease. Don't do it purely for the Pavlovian gratification of seeing the number on the scale go down - because it lies. It doesn't tell you what's going on in your body. Chances are you were doing fine and maybe losing inches that whole time. *shrug* At worst, you were just in a bit of a plateau, which is perfectly normal and WILL happen.

Best of luck to you... hang in there.

Last edited by Kristine : Sat, Dec-20-03 at 09:57.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 10:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi:
All my torture stuff is packed away, sorry. You have been doing great losing quite a bit. Keep low-carbing. Also some people on this list have said Dr. Phill's book is helping them to solve those binge eating problems. You might want to pick one up as a christmas present to yourself. You are going to stall sometimes for weeks and you want to be able to move past that.
angie
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 11:03

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

Andie,

Unlike Angie and Kristine, I do have my floggers, paddles, crops, and canes handy. But I'm only going to tell you to go stand in the corner. Misbehaving on purpose to get a "punishment" - hah! I know that trick.

Kidding aside, what probably happened is you hit the plateau that happens after a few weeks of Induction. Weight loss isn't a "linear" function, but will fluctuate from day to day and week to week. Don't be discouraged. Just pick yourself up (or get out of the corner, whichever the case may be) and get right back on track. If you feel that low carb (but not induction) levels will be best for you until the holidays are over, go for it, but you may have better resistance to all the treats lying around if you go back to a clean induction and give those sugar cravings a "flogging". You do know about topping from the bottom, don't you? Use your dominant side and control those binges! You can do it!

Mistress Joan
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 11:17
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

In my not-so-humble opinion...

when we go off on a binge, especially when you have the "I don't even WANT it" feeling..(and rest assured, a LOT of us have!) There's part of us, that on some level in our frustration actually thinks we don't DESERVE to lose the weight.

Were you having those "I'm never going to lose weight, so why even TRY?" thoughts?

TALK BACK!!

If we chalenge the negative thoughts with truth and hold them up and look at them, they won't last long. Replace the "It's not working, so why bother?" with "I'm at a plateau, but if I keep going I WILL lose weight." Replace "I'm a loser, I can't even do THIS right!" with "I'm important, and I deserve to treat my body with respect and feed it things that further my goals."

It might sound hokey, but I've talked myself out of a LOT of candy bars this way.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 12:00
Registered Member

Stats: 210/210/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I ate pancakes with lotsssssssss of syrup before reading replies.....more punishment, seeing as I was forcing them down....now they want to come back up..............yuk.........I felt so good lo carbing and absolutely awful now. I got the hunger shakes, which I had not had since starting. Restarting induction immediately. Don't know what I was thinking. I will always have to remember how awful this feels............
Thanks for all the support guys, I am so glad I found this site, everyone is awesome here...........

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to journal how awful I feel.........
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 12:25
Registered Member

Stats: 276/253/215 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Don't fret - you have a great start on healthy eating and weight loss!

No punishment from me - just get your resolve set in your mind. Plan and prepare your next meal as much as possible, then go out for a little walk to think about what you want. You want to be healthy, unburdened, and victorious! In control of what you eat and when you eat it! Look forward to eating plenty of healthy foods while you have the opportunity! Lots of healthy green leafy vegetables and some oils, cheeses and plenty of water is what your body wants! Take your proper vitamins religiously 3 times a day!

Do it today! You will feel 1000% better!

Last edited by jqp : Sat, Dec-20-03 at 12:27.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 17:14

Stats: 205/?/160 Female 66 inches
BF:Who knows?!
Progress: 53%

Andie.. that's EXACTLY what you need to do.. JOURNAL! Then the next time you feel like you want to eat somethign you dont' really want.. READ first. I actually went so far in my home journal to list a LONG list of every minor complaint I felt when I ate too high carb... including flatulence, heartburn, heart racing, nausea, self-persecution feelings, etc.. it does help.. most of the time! grin!

You can do it... it won't be easy, but you CAN do it!

Blessings!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-03, 10:01

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Odd, isn't it, how you can have the same awful symptoms from over-indulging on carbs as you can from getting drunk? The worst part is knowing you knew to stop and didn't! If you learned from your mistake it is a step in the right direction!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-03, 14:54
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 265/200/140 Female 5'5
BF:40.70%
Progress: 52%

This is why I refuse to weigh myself. One week, or day of no movement on the scale and you go off the deep end.

No thanks! If my clothes are getting loose - that's all I need to know!