Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 09:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/170/170 Male 5'9" and some change
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default What kind of reactions have you gotten after telling someone you are doing Atkins?

The other night I saw a lady I hadnt seen since May this year. She was amazed about how much weight I had lost since we last spoke. She asked what had I done to lose it. I laughed a little because she was really happy for me. Then I told her that I was following the Atkins plan and then it happened. It was almost like she was hit with an anchor. She must have thought of a few ways in her mind but saying Atkins threw her for a loop. After the initial shock she congratulated me and bolted like I had a disease. Then I was surprised at her reaction and wondered the rest of the night was she talking with others about how I was doing it. Can you say, "The Salem Witch Trials". I haven't came out and told many how I have done it because I wasn't sure how people would react. But now, I probably won't tell anyone except people that may ask me and I know they would benefit from trying Atkins instead of resorting to expensive weight loss programs elsewhere. I will just say I have been working alot. Anyone else gotten some strange looks after revealing they were doing Atkins or low carb. Before I started Atkins, I remember a couple of friends laughing about how they knew someone that was eating burgers with no buns and Arby's roast beef sandwiches without the bun. When I heard that person was losing by doing this, I began to check into Atkins myself. When I saw the book at the bookstore on the bestseller shelves, I grabbed one and kept it in my dashboard away from my girlfriend. Then after a few weeks and the weight began coming off, I revealed to her how I was doing it. She is my biggest fan and supporter. She isn't doing Atkins herself but I see where she has made smarter food choices as a result. Can't believe how easy this plan is after the induction period and I could easily do this the rest of my life without a second thought. I don't know what I would have done without this forum. I might have quit during induction. All of the people here are GOD sends to me. I thank you all.
Sponsored Links