Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 05:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/103/110 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 116%
Question Anyone losing but can't tell?

I have lost about 14 pounds now, but I don't see the difference as much as I had hoped to. I mean, it seemse like 14 pounds would make a huge difference in how I look... Is anyone else feeling this way?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 07:24

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Although you have lost 70% of your planned loss, the fat cells may be plumping themselves up with water and not yet showing your loss.

You didn't have that much to lose so there wouldn't be that big a change. It's REALLY good to lose the last pounds very slowly so you truly make the lifetime change to LCing.

Be prepared to revise your target weight as LCers often weigh more than they expected when they look good. Don't get hung up on the number on the scale. And your body will adjust and even redistribute itself as you get used to the new size.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 15:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofi
Although you have lost 70% of your planned loss, the fat cells may be plumping themselves up with water and not yet showing your loss.

Will they stop doing that?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 16:02

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Everyone's body is different but I have observed my pattern as I've gone up and down over the years. For me, I have this "critical point" and once I cross it I suddenly look thin. It's some strange invisible appearance line I cross. It's really odd. For me it's 150. If I'm say 152, I look just a bit plump. But at 147 I look like a completely different person. When I cross this line is when people REALLY start noticing (and I notice too). I'll be going along . . . plump . . .plump. . . still plump and then BAM-- I suddenly look thin. You never know, these next couple of pounds could make a big difference in your appearance.

Also, if you are not already I would get the exercise in. Sometimes with the last few pounds, it's not so much a matter of losing weight but firming up a bit.

Just my thoughts . . . .
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 01:22

BF:

Yeah, I used to run a LOT. I got really busy and stopped for a whil and I have just been lazy lately. I've started to walk and do Pilates, so I think that might help.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 01:30

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 184/149/125 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Sometimes it's just hard to tell. I didn't notice a difference until I lost about 25 pounds but like sunspine, it seemed to happen overnight.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 18:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - Induction!
Stats: 170/157/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 29%

I know exactly what you mean! My problem is people always saying, "I can see you've lost weight - you're face looks thinner". I don't care about my face, I want my butt shrinking!!!

#8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 18:32

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzeus
I know exactly what you mean! My problem is people always saying, "I can see you've lost weight - you're face looks thinner". I don't care about my face, I want my butt shrinking!!!

That reminds me of the time when, after losing 40 pounds, I had a really cute picture taken. I sent in to a friend, mentioning my weight loss, and he said "Yes, I think I would have noticed, in your face."
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 08:00

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

Now that I have lost so much it has become harder to tell where the weight is coming off. I feel like I look the same now as I did 20 lbs ago. I find very unmotovating.

Keep pressing on!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 08:28

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I was noticing my clothes fit differently, but I didn't look different to myself for quite a while. As for other people, some of them wouldn't notice even the most obvious changes.
And people who concentrate on faces are maybe being diplomatic? What shall they say, "Heck yeah, your butt used to be as wide as a barn door?"
Safer to say something else.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 21:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - Induction!
Stats: 170/157/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Good point!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 06:27

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwillLose
I have lost about 14 pounds now, but I don't see the difference as much as I had hoped to. I mean, it seemse like 14 pounds would make a huge difference in how I look... Is anyone else feeling this way?

I have lost 15 and when I look at myself,no I can't tell it. Others have tho.
I do know that some of my cloths fit a little looser, Especially last years winter tops and pants. But I think I have to lose alot more for me to tell it on myself.
It will happen.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 11:36
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspine17
I look just a bit plump. But at 147 I look like a completely different person. When I cross this line is when people REALLY start noticing (and I notice too). I'll be going along . . . plump . . .plump. . . still plump .

Makes me want a hotdog reeeealll baaad. I'm just kidding. It took forever (about 45 pounds) for me to SEE the difference even thoguh I wore smaller clothes. I also had a lot of people tell me that they noticed it in my face. I finally figured out what they meant when I looked at some before and after pictures of myself. I have lost 4 of my 7 chins!

Gabrielle
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 22:24

BF:

I met goal and I feel GREAT! Its crazy how just a few more pounds made all the difference.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-03, 22:37
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Congrats Iwilllose. Good on you for meeting goal.

Gabrielle