Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 11:40
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

I have terrible cravings, and have to stuff myself in order to not cheat. In order to minimize the stuffing damage I try to make it mostly lower calorie liquids, like hot sweet tea etc.

A delicious drink that really fills me is a large portion of espresso (like 4 shots) mixed with frothed low carb milk, half chocolate half white. That, or just the white milk mixed with cocoa.

Another filling drink is low carb eggnog.. I get sick of it after a reasonable portion too! Just mix a cup of lc milk in a blender with a couple of yolks, some splenda, (vanilla optional) and nutmeg.

I keep diet sodas around too.. they're sweet and bubbly! Aspartame is worth not putting on a few pounds of fat for me.
The treats can't be around though or they're in my mouth.

It seems that the biggest craving is to be "filled" and to have significant amounts of food/drink in my stomach. Don't know what that's all about but I don't like it!! It feels similar to when I'm upset, stressed, really bummed etc.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 13:02
Smilie Queen

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 140/128.5/? Female 5'5"
BF:33%/27/22%
Progress: 60%

I used to have the worst cravings, they would last for over a week. About a month ago I started taking vitex (herb) and this tom is the FIRST time I haven't had cravings. It's a miracle. I even sat across dh while he ate chocolate pudding and buttermilk pie and wasn't even tempted. This herb is a godsend on many levels. It did take a while to kick in (a few weeks) but it is a pretty potent estrogen regulator as well as being good over all for womenly parts.