Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 06:01

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Monday, December 15

Good morning!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 06:08

BF:

Looks like I'm working from home today. It looks to be more than a foot of snow in our driveway and the guy who plows us out hasn't shown up yet. It doesn't even look like our road has been plowed. Good thing I brought my laptop home with me on Friday. I'm not feeling so hot anyway. Just blah. I haven't been taking potassium lately, and I have noticed that my legs are getting jumpy in the evening.

Lissette, hold on to the calf strap for me, just in case I need it for the Bowflex! My workout yesterday (lower body) was quite good. I enjoy working my upper body more than lower body, though. I went through the recommended routine, and then just added a bunch more. All it had you do was leg presses (quads), backward lifts (hamstrings), calf raises, and standing and raising your leg to the side (aductor). I added abductor raises and backward raises. I'm sure all these have names, but I'm too lazy to look them up.

My calves and hamstrings are a tiny bit sore today, but my triceps are still "wicked sore" (to use a Mainah term) from Saturday's workout. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to work my upper body again.

I'll be checking in throughout the day. Have a good one!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 06:47

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Bawdy
When out to the hairstyle site --
Of your favorites - I like 3 & 6 -- 5 might also work with a bit more texture cut in.

I looked at the gallery of short styles - 80, 120, 210, 222 and 225 looked like possiblities (some of those may be favorites). 198 also looked good, but would likely be too much for most offices.

I also looked at some of the medium length styles on you -- girlfriend, you looked hot in some of those (including the Lisa Rinna type cut you like). Are you considering going longer?

I'm in the midst of growing mine out - it is at that in-between length that drives us all nuts - too long for short styles, too short for medium styles - I'm doing a modified Lisa Rinna with it, but it won't hold the syle - no matter how much mousse, gel, wax or spray. My hair has a mind of it's own so I pick style to work with it...

I nearly went into photoshop to do a designer calf strap for you, but the fetal calve extractors I saw looked positively ghoulish -- even I couldn't make those funny in photoshop. Forceps anyone

Last edited by Orang : Mon, Dec-15-03 at 06:58.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 07:57

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Bawdy isn't the only one in need of a more edgy look....

Last edited by Orang : Mon, Dec-15-03 at 07:59.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 08:26

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

I just have a minute, bawdy PM me you info so I can see too! Will try to post again later.

#6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 08:38

BF:

Lookin' good, Rob! That color and cut are so "you"!

Orang, I wouldn't mind going a little longer. The last time I had it longer I wore it in a bob (see my "befiore" picture in the gallery). To give it some body, I had to use velcro rollers every day. Maybe if it were cut differently, it would have had more body on its own.

I'm open to just about anything. As I mentioned before, I scheduled almost an hour and a half with the new stylist to discuss things. I don't mind working toward something.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 11:32

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hello all.
Bawdy, I looked at your favorites earlier today but can't remember which ones I liked They all look good. I tend to like the slightly edgier styles.

Orang, re: Yeti with color and mousse -what can I say? Wonder if he'll dye the mustache?

OK, chickened out on weighing this am but am seriously on plan with food. Will do it tomorrow am, promise.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 11:57

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

HI everyone!

Now Rob is the new "clairol model!" (the mustache is great for contrast!)ha

Bawdy, that bob looks cute on you! How long has it been since your hair was a longer length? If I was you I would make a list of what you are leaning toward to take to the hairstylist,Also let her know how your hair is to handle and what you want for maintenance! The velcro rollers every day would get tiresome with your busy life! Maybe she could layer it softly to frame your face???
You will have to get a picture once you get it!!!
(I will keep the strap in a safe place!) BTW, it sounds like you all are getting pounded with the snow! Be carefull!!

Elaine, are you gettting all of the nasty stuff too? It is all around us, we have up to 50 mph winds, but not alot of snow here,but just an hour away they are getting hit and school is called off there! (MY DS was So hoping!)
You are fine on not weighing in so much, you are eating well, so just wating unitil Tuesday will not hurt!

Orang, Do you have thick hair? Mine is fine and thin, and like I said before, can look like over-cooked linguinie! Out here I have it up in a pony tail 3/4 of the time! so are you trying out some styles to, or already have something in mind?? (I love the new look for Rob!)

Hi Ellie! We are waiting for your opinion to!, Orang and I both liked #3!!! Say do you know if the capture of Saddam will affect the guys that were supposed to be pulling out????

Wendy, Ok you can come up for air and give us a hollar!!

Robin, How is your day going???

Marnie, Are you all getting hit with all of the weather too???

A Big HEllo to everyone! I will try to post again later!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 12:08

BF:

I think #3 is my favorite also -- very edgy. The velcro rollers were a drag, but not too bad. I would take a shower and then quickly dry my hair with the blowdryer. Then I'd put in the rollers, spritz it all over with spray gel, hit it again with the dryer for maybe 5 minutes, do my makeup, and then take the rollers out.

When I married DH, it was down to the middle of my back. I got it cut a couple years later, and it has been chin length or shorter ever since. When it was really long, I would often wear it in a low "bun" at the nape of my neck. I have so very little hair that in a ponytail, it was no bigger around than the circumference of a man's thumb. Too thin to be worn long. Maybe Wednesday I'll bring some wedding pics to work, scan them, and you can see how thin and long it used to be.

Lissette, I alredy have a list of "wants" and "don't wants" in my head for my appointment. I don't want to spend more than about 10 minutes on my hair. I also need loads of advice on products. Every product I use (whether I use a drop, a dollop, or a handful) weighs down my hair too much and makes it feel greasy. Like today I put mousse about the size of a large marble in, sprayed it ever so slightly with spray gel, and now it feels (and looks, to me anyway) like I haven't washed it in a couple days. Also, if I don't put half a bottle of alcohol-based hairspray in it (so that it would about crack if you touched it), it goes flat in no time.

Rob, are you enjoying this line of conversation?

Last edited by BawdyWench : Mon, Dec-15-03 at 12:10.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 12:33

BF:
Progress:

Hi guys, only have a minute.

Bawdy, I will have to look at home, I don't have Flash on my computer at work. I can't wait to see !!

Lissette - Even though the capture of Saddam is good news, it will have no effect on the troops going. At least not at this point. They still don't know what effect this will have if any. We will all just have to pray that this will be the beginning of a peaceful Iraq
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 13:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamellie
Even though the capture of Saddam is good news, it will have no effect on the troops going. At least not at this point. They still don't know what effect this will have if any. We will all just have to pray that this will be the beginning of a peaceful Iraq

Well said.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 16:45

BF:

Is it my imagination, or is our "former board" looking more and more like this one? I went over there to the playground to post a couple questions (if nothing else, there are a lot of people posting over there and you usually get an answer fairly quickly). The section to the left under your user name is now set up like on this site, and a lot of things are looking suspiciously familiar.

Too bad they'll never capture the friendliness and tolerance of this board!

I guess it has its purpose, but I much prefer our new home.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 19:46

BF:
Progress:

I just have minute, I am so hungry that the computer is starting to look appetizing

Bawdy - I like #3 the best too. I am not liking the color selections on the site very much, nothing looks close to my hair. I am going to register when I get a minute and then you guys can help me out too
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 20:23

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

hey there!
You are right Ellie, but let's hope that this will be the push that Iraq needs to be able to start again without fear! i can not imagine what it would be like living in such a place! WE are so BLESSED to live here! THANK THE LORD FOR OUR ARMED FORCES!!!

Bawdy, I have not visited the dark side for a while, but I feel quite cozy here with our little pp group!! So have you come to a better idea on your hair style?? Speaking of hair, When I go to humid places I might as well wear a ball cap, my hair just droops and/or gets sticky too! Does Maine have a humid climate? Prob. so being it is near the coast! Illinios is AWFULL! When I lived there I HAD to have a tight spiral perm at all times!

Have a good one!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 22:23

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Hey all.......just making my nite time stop

Bawdy, I am sure you will find a great hairstyle for you

Ok got a question here. I am reading Atkins just becuase it is close to PP, and I like to read up on what is out there. I am reading the section on medications, what to stop taking, etc. Well, it said that what I take is BAD!! I take Vioxx, an anti-inflammatory (Nsaid) for my achilles tendonitis in my ankles. It subdues the pain considerably. Yet, Atkins says Nsaids are a major contributor to people holding on to weight. He gave a bunch of vitamin/mineral supps to take instead of that.

What do you guys think......take what he says about drugs with a grain of salt? Or not?

Robin