Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 08:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Atkins patnership with TGI Friday's

I have just received this announcement from Atkins center which I thought I should share it with you:This just in: Atkins Nutritionals, Inc., has partnered with T.G.I.Friday's® to create a mouthwatering low carb menu! Now, you can enjoy the fun and freedom of dining out at Friday's® without having to worry about consuming too many carbs.

Atkins® has given its seal of approval to nine new Friday's® menu items, including tasty appetizers that are perfect for sharing, like Buffalo Wings and Tuscan Spinach Dip, and hearty protein-rich entrees like Sizzling Chicken with Broccoli or Chargrilled Salmon with lemon sauce and capers. Living a controlled carb life was never this convenient!

Go to a Friday's® near you and enjoy a meal with the flavor you expect—and fewer carbs, too.

Sorry image locations and "Fridays.com" link are missed up. Use this link instead:

http://www.fridays.com/menu/healthymenu.htm

Last edited by Samuel : Thu, Dec-11-03 at 08:48.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 11:31
There and Back Again

Stats: 200/194.4/140 Female 5'3"
BF:42%/42%/20%
Progress: 9%
Default As Tigger would say...

Woo-hoo- HOOOOO!

Thank God it's (almost) Friday!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 19:34

Stats: 190/147/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Mmmmmmmmmmmm that food looks so good i think i'm drooling. Too bad the closest TGI is an hour & half drive away from here.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 18:04

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default More good news

And I just got this reply from Fresh Choice when I sent them a suggestion to include some protein selections:

Quote:
Thank you for the positive comments.
We have good news. Starting December 5, all our stores will be featuring a "protein add on" for $1.29.
The protein choices will be Mesquite Chicken, Cajun Chicken, and Tuna. Hope this fits your needs.

Tim J.- Area General Manager - Fresh Choice
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 09:32

Plan: Zone
Stats: 235/190/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

This really is good news! The last time I traveled and had a 3 hour layover in an airport, there was a TGIF where I thought I might be able to get a meal. Wrong! All the meat on the menu was breaded. Same with Chili's. I was forced to stick with the beef jerkey in the pocket till I got to my destination. hooray for TGIF!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 10:56
There and Back Again

Stats: 200/194.4/140 Female 5'3"
BF:42%/42%/20%
Progress: 9%
Default TGI Fridays - the details

My husband and I used to buy their frozen chicken wings because they were very low carb. However, I didn't know if you guys noticed that they now double-glaze the chicken wings and have upped the net carbs on these usually very low carb items. One certainly has to watch serving size.

A lot of the stuff on their menu may not be suitable for induction.

Anyway, I went to the TGI Fridays website:

http://www.tgifridays.com/main_nonflash.html

And they are advertising the new Atkins-approved menu.

Here are the details:

At T.G.I. Friday’s®, we believe that everyone should enjoy fun times and have a lot of food choices. That’s why we’ve created a menu full of sharable appetizers and tasty entrées that are great for people who are following a low-carb lifestyle.

We’ve even partnered with Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. to ensure that the items below meet the criteria of the Atkins Nutritional Approach™.

Tuscan Spinach Dip

(Atkins Net Carbs: 17)- Parmesan and Romano cheeses blended with spinach, artichokes, sautéed onions and peppers. Served with fresh vegetables, because tortilla chips are a no-no. Share it and split the carbs.

Buffalo Wings

(Atkins Net Carbs: 5)- With Bleu Cheese dressing and celery sticks. Now, every day can taste like game day without leaving you looking like a lineman.

Sizzling NY Strip with Bleu Cheese

(Atkins Net Carbs: 6) - With a side of broccoli, you’ll wonder what you ever saw in French fries.

Cheeseburger Cheeseburger

(Atkins Net Carbs: 6)- Two Friday’s® Natural Angus burgers, topped with melted American cheese. Do your best to pass on the ketchup, and we’ll be sure to keep the bun in the kitchen.

Sizzling Chicken with Broccoli

(Atkins Net Carbs: 17)- Served over onions and peppers with melted American and Mexican cheeses. Please refrain from doing the chicken dance when ordering. (Cut 5 carbs by skipping the peppers and onions.)

Garlic Chicken with Mixed Vegetables

(Atkins Net Carbs: 7)- Served with a mix of sautéed Roma tomatoes, red peppers, zucchini and squash. A garlic lover’s dream.

Chargrilled Salmon Fillet

(Atkins Net Carbs: 6) - Topped with capers and served with a tangy lemon sauce. See, there is more to life than just bread.

Tuna Salad Wraps

(Atkins Net Carbs: 14) - White Albacore with water chestnuts and a touch of wasabi. Even without the extra carbs,this salad is quite a catch. (Cut 4 carbs by skipping the pineapple.)

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

(Atkins Net Carbs: 9) - Chargrilled chicken on crisp Romaine, tossed with Caesar dressing and topped with Parmesan cheese. Hail, Caesar!

*Due to food preparation, carb counts may vary slightly.

The Atkins Nutritional Approach™, created by Robert C. Atkins, M.D., is the world's #1 weight-control program. The concept is simple: by controlling the amount of carbohydrates you consume, you burn primarily fat for energy. This not only helps you lose weight, but reduces risk factors associated with serious diseases, including diabetes and cardiovascular disease. (Let's be honest, this really means you can eat more of the food you love, including all the tasty items found on this menu - hint, hint.)

Last edited by bvtaylor : Mon, Dec-15-03 at 10:57.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 11:40

Plan: Minimal Crap (Atkinsish)
Stats: 170/137/140 Female Five feet, three inches
BF:
Progress: 110%
Default I saw that...

I saw that in a rotating ad when I checked my e-mail the other day. I was impressed!

I don't know if there are any Friday's restaraunts in the area, but some of those dishes look pretty good. Mmmm... low carb.