Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 05:30

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Saturday Dec 13

Welcome to the daily Protein Power Pals thread. All are welcome here who are using, considering or just curious about the PP WOE.

(Bawdy and Rob - have I gotten down how to do hit-and-run posting yet?)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 05:53

BF:

Yesterday was a strange day for my WOE -- I ate much less than normal and didn't want more. I completely forgot about lunch - not good as I didn't get even my minimium protein (was to be tuna with dip) - and y'all know I'm usually way over on that. Something has changed since I had the surgery recently - my body seems to be tolerating the lower carb levels better - the endo and other docs are really, really baffled but are tell me to continue monitoring my ketones and go as low as I want if it doesn't seems to be having an adverse effect on those.

My 'skimpy' appetite may be a result of fewer carbs - my ketone levels are about the same as they were pre-surgery when ate about 45 gms EEC. Speak to me, oh wise women and wise guy (sorry Rob - couldn't resist - I've been calling the lead Wise Man in the church nativity the cheif Wise Guy all week)

Yesterday's menu:
Breakfast -
omelet - 4 egg beaters, 2 oz lean ham, 1 oz cheddar
12 oz coffee
drink - 4 oz sf gelatine, .75 TBS sf pysillum hulks

snack -
1 oz pecans (they were screaming my name from the cupboard)

snack -
2 oz pork rinks and 1 oz ranch dip

snack -
2 oz lean ham

Dinner -
8 oz shrimp with 1tsp butter and garlic
1 cup green beans lightly buttered
1/2 cup cooked carrots lightly buttered

Total Calories: 1102
Fat: 75 gms 675 cal 63%
Sat: 25 gms 222 cal 21%
Poly: 16 gms 145 cal 14%
Mono: 31 gms 382 cal 26%
Carbs: 24 gms 60 cal 5% ECC 15 gms
Fiber: 9 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 85 gms 340 cal 32%

Liquids: over 100 ozs - 12 oz coffee, 32 ozs water, 2 Liter Diet-Rite cola

Last edited by Orang : Sat, Dec-13-03 at 06:00.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 06:31

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

I am not a doctor, I only play one in daydreams, but I'd say go with what feels right and just consult your docs as you have been doing. They know you and what you're trying to acheive.Don't let your calories go too low,though.

Didn't weigh in this AM but feel less bloated. I can't do this weigh in thing every day, it goes back to that "If the scale is down, I'm in a good mood.If the scale is up I'm cranky" thing. I can't be a slave to the scale if this is going to be a WOE and not a diet. I really like weighing once every few days. I hope Wendy doesn't get mad!!!

I think we should start an investment group and buy stock in cottage cheese and yogurt companies

OK, Orang, I missed some thread about your hair. What day was it so I can go back and ROTFLMAO.

Last edited by ewinpa : Sat, Dec-13-03 at 06:32.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 07:13

BF:

Elaine:
I wrote this back when Bawdy mentioned changing hairdressers:
Quote:
You're cheating on your hairdresser!!!
I have changed my hairdressers a lot also. I have tons of hair and more cow-licks than Shelley's calves - my mane isn't easy to style.

Last edited by Orang : Sat, Dec-13-03 at 07:14.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 08:08

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Morning! At last the week from you-know-where is over. Phew!

I saw my regular hairdresser on Wednesday. She did an OK job, but it still doesn't lay right. I don't know what she's doing differently, but my hair is simply not doing what it used to do. My appointment with the new person isn't until the end of January, to give my hair a chance to grow out some so that she actually has something to work with.

Ellie, I haven't forgotten you. I'll get those "try-a-style" sites to you today.

This is about the last day I can write to the seller of the Bowflex to say what was missing. I can't forget to do that today.

My menus have been so-so lately. A little too carby.

The other day DH emailed me at work to say he was going grocery shopping because "there's nothing in the house to eat." Meaning, there was no bread or cookies. I emailed him back and asked him to pick up a large container of cottage cheese. I told him there was a container in the fridge so he'd know what to buy.

When I got home I looked in the fridge, and front and center was a HUGE container of . . . sour cream. Close, but no cigar. So, I guess I'll make some sour cream pancakes this weekend. I'll also buy some beef and chicken strips today and make fajitas (minus the wrap).

At the company pot-luck the other day, a woman made the following recipe. It was amazing. (I've substituted Splenda for the sugar.)

Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad

Cut raw broccoli and cauliflower into bite-size pieces (doesn't say how much). Sprinkle with cooked and crumbled bacon. Add a little grated onion (?). Add about 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.

Dressing: 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayo
1 to 2 Tbsp vinegar
1 to 2 Tbsp Splenda

Add dressing and chill to blend flavors.

What's great about this is that the veggies are raw, which is the best way to eat them (the nutrients don't get leached out like they do when they are cooked).

That's it for now.

Yes, Orang, I think you've finally gotten down "hit-and-run" posts!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 11:48

BF:

I'm in love!

Bawdy loves her Bowflex!

I finally had a chance to devote some time to it. I started out doing their recommended routine for upper body (chest, shoulders, back, triceps, biceps). I did a full pyramid routine of increasing weight combined with decreasing reps per set. Then I just went through the instruction book page by page and did at least 12 reps of almost every exercise shown for upper body. Some I did the full pyramid routine on.

Tomorrow I plan to do the same thing with lower body.

I also need to obsess about this a little more and create some workout sheets to keep track of my progress. The recommended routine is a little too short and I want to beef it up a little. More back and chest work. Maybe more shoulder and arm work. Hey, just more more more!

Ask me again in a couple months, but this thing is great! The movement is so smooth -- there's no awkward "getting used to it" period. And moving from one exercise to the next is quick and easy.

Keep watching those infomercials. One day you're going to see your own Bawdy up there pitching these things!

Last edited by BawdyWench : Sat, Dec-13-03 at 11:50.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 12:57

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Good Afternoon!!
Orang..isn't that from the Chicago Christmas story.. the three wiseguys, from the east side..Vito, Carmine, & Nunzio?

off to do some errands..back later
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 14:22

BF:

Where is everyone today?

Ellie, the free website for hairstyles is www.lhj.com. Click the link to the left called something like "Try a hairstyle." You have to register, but it's free.

The other site, which I subscribed to today, is www.thehairstyler.com. It's $14.95 for 6 months. You can upload unlimited pics of yourself, and then try on lots and lots of styles, and change the color and tint, etc.

You can also save "favorites." I'd like some opinions, please. I don't want to print my user name and password out here in the open, but if anyone wants to help me pick out a hairstyle, PM me and I'll send you the info. Please?
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 15:41

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good evening!
I am Happy to report that I am officially down to 143 3/4!!

I finally dragged myself on the scale, the last week has not been the best ( i have missed 3 days in a row) of exercise and with the stress i used that as an excuse to eat some frankens. i was ready for a gain, I will take this!! That has me motivated more now! But I know that I am the same as you Elaine, I let the scale dictate how I feel for the day! I go the other way and avoid it! A BAD thing to do if you need to keep an eye on things! I try to weigh once a week or every 2 weeks.

Bawdy, It sounds like it is going to be a happy match!! ,that will help with the motivation!i will be watching for your new infomercial! Will you be wearing the bikini that Orang had you in the last time????? Thanks for putting out this recipe, sounds
By the way , I noticed that our birthdays are one day apart!!!

Orang, So how is the nativity gig going?? It is so much fun watching kids, I never grow tired of it! (Espicially if they are being onry and ARE NOT MINE!!)
ANd yes you are right about our daughter's suprise, i love being a grandma and this will be an added delight! I am just glad that she has a great guy in the picture and that they had planned on getting married before all of this!

Elaine, I think you have the right idea, we consume so much cottage cheese, we might as well get something back!ha Say, how far do you live from Harrisburg??

WEll I have got to get going, the treadmill is calling me!

HEllo to everyone else!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 15:46

BF:

Lissette, you're right on the birthdays. 1 day AND ELEVEN YEARS apart!!!

I guess I shouldn't complain. This is the healthiest I've been in ages, and I'm finally coming into my own. I've always looked young for my age (apple cheeks don't help). I hated when people said I looked so young. I wanted to look my age. The last time I was seriously carded I was 38, if that tells you anything.

Edited to add:

Way to go, Lissette!

Last edited by BawdyWench : Sat, Dec-13-03 at 15:47.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 22:51

Plan: atkins and south beach
Stats: 180/180/165 Male 5'10.5''
BF:
Progress: 0%

Bawdy, I was wondering more feedback about the thehairtstyler.com website as to if the software was very useful. Getting my hair cut tomorrow and trying to come up with ideas somewhat late. Thanks for any help.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 06:23

BF:

I found it to be very useful, especially if you want to try something new. I was just referring to it again yesterday. It's $14.95 for a 6-month subscription.