Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 20:36

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Exclamation Hardcore LC buddy needed! GRRRRR!!!

ALRIGHT!! NO MORE MISS NICE LADY!!!!

I am one of those folks that was doing FABULOUSLY on the LC lifestyle and then for some INSANE reason (well, I have excuses but none are worth even mentioning) got off track and have gained some weight back! I started at 328 and then dropped alllllllll the way down to 266!!!!!!! Hung out at 275 for a little while and now I'm up to 290!! THIS IS NO GOOD!!! I REALLY want to get back on track but there are many things that have changed in my life since the time when I was successful and I don't know how to get it straight again!!

SO, I thought I'd come back to the one place where I know I will be understood and supported and can offer my own support! THIS FORUM!

I am looking for a buddy that is as serious and determined as I am, someone who can kick me in the butt when I need it and allow me to do the same for them!

My idea is that we'd go at this like we are on a MISSION!!! We start out by posting where we are now and goals related to exercise and amt. of carbs per day. After that we check in maybe twice a day (ok at LEAST once!) to post our menus, any exercise we've done etc. We also weigh in once a week and post our results and then take measurements after 1 month. These are only IDEAS if someone wants to buddy up with me and has additional ideas or better ones I AM SOOOOO COMPLETELY OPEN!!! I just want to do something to get back down again.

Also, if there is anyone out there reading this and wants to join, I have a question: How do we handle Christmas???????

Someone roll up your sleeves, put on your army boots and get serious with me!!!

tes
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 21:39
Contributing Member

Plan: ZONE
Stats: 236/224/135 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Well, I am no whimp when it comes to support and I require the same. I am on week one and also would love to buddy up with someone for support. I am at 236 right now and
my goal is 135 soooooo I have loads of work to do. I am going to make it through the holidays by taking with me to my inlaws and tons of temptations a collage' that I am going
to keep in front of me the exact way I want to look. I am going to request of my husband not to eat also (haha) I cut out photos from all the mags on clothes that I want to
where and places I am going to wear them. Create a storie that I can make more important to look forward to then a peice of pie. I am planning a trip to Paris in the spring and
am going to treat myself to a shopping spree. I love Paris and being fat there and unable to walk around was disgusting. I love the food and the cheeses so no problem...I am
so comitted to this weight loss. I used to run 6 miles a day, I hiked in the mountains. I was a real head turner..now I scream loud to get attention. I would love to buddy with a
no sense comitted person as myself and get real with the program..If your willing lets play!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 13:00

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%

check out the HARDKORE challenge thread.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 15:11

BF:

Great to have a partner!!! So how do you want to start this??? I'm thinking that we start by laying out all of our information and goals. We do our current measurements and weight, state our long and short term goals, talk about any exercise programs we plan to follow etc.

Whaddya think??

Also, I'm going to attempt the egg fast for 3 days to get the cravings out of my system. If I start tomorrow that will take me to induction starting on Sunday. I'd like to do induction for 2 weeks and then slowly add carbs.

Ok, I will write more when I get home later.

Please let me know your thoughts on these ideas or any others re: how you'd like to proceed.

Hope to talk soon!
Tesia
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 18:59
Contributing Member

BF:

OK, Here is what I propose. Do you have yahoo IM? This way we can really know when we are on line and connect
alot quicker I am.

I learned this amazing work-out that Montel Williams trainer set up for him. He is buff so I thought I would give
it a go. I would have to down load what I learned and I don't know how to do that yet. The book is a Barnes and Nobles. I also Ti bo..but, to fat for that right now. Montel's exercise is all free weights and working with the big ball.
I just moved into a new house so unpacking all my books I haven't gotten to yet. My husband even feels a challange with this work out so that is good.

I am on induction..and plan to stay on it until I am under 200 lbs. I have never heard of an egg fast? Sounds awful..I need to buy a scale as the one I have I can't trust.

Tonight for dinner I had chicken broth, chicken, coconut milk, and waterchestnuts, with curry as the spice. It was very asian tasting and delicious. The waterchestnuts look like noodles haha I used to love noodles. I love fried eggs more then anything so this is going to be a good one for me. I also love cheese!! But what to melt it on is the problem!!

I think we should enter in the AM nine as we are on the same time zone. And again at noon and five. Does that sound tooo much? We should say how we feel and what we are eating for the day and obstacles that might be in the way.

Anymore things you want to add or eliminate let me know.

I am very excited to share my success with someone besides my husband. He is so used to me it probably sounds like bla bla bla. As he eats what ever he wants...naturally skinny.

Thanks for the Support
chubybuddy (Kristina)
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 01:31

BF:
Talking Hi~

Hello Kristina-

I hope you are doing well today!!

I do have yahoo IM but b/c I'm working 3 jobs right now, I'm rarely online. My preference is to meet here and check in with each other if that's ok. My goal is to be able to check in twice a day but with my schedule it may not always be possible. But I will definitely committ (sp?) to once a day!!

Yeah, Montel is Buffed!! His workout sounds cool. Have you tried it yet?? I really like working on those big balls. My friend had one and I did some crunches on it and WHOA! It really helped me target my abs!

OK, so here's my plan:

Food
Thurs. 12/11- Egg fast
Fri. 12/12- Egg fast
Sat. 12/13- Egg fast
(on the egg fast I can eat only eggs and certain fats like butter, mayo etc. I can eat as many eggs as I want. The purpose of this is to jump start my ketosis, get rid of all of the carb/sugar cravings and curb my appetite)

Sun 12/14-Sun 12/18- Induction
I will also plan out my meals for the week (after egg fast is complete) this worked wonders to help keep me on track!

I will post my menus here.

Excercise
I will exercise 3x/week at Curves (the gym I work at) and at least once during the week at my home. This may include my Walk away the pounds videos, Tai Bo videos or even just crunches or the steps.

I will post my exercise here.

Water
I will drink ONLY water alllll day long. AT LEAST 64 oz a day(piece of cake for me as that's all I drink anyway!)

Weights and Measurements
I will weigh myself once a week and measure myself once a month. I will use my stats as of 12/11 and then weigh every Monday ONLY!!!! I will not step on the scale before or after the time designated!!!!! (I have a tendency to become OBSESSED with the scale and I HATE when I do that!) And I will measure on the first day of every month.

I will post my stats here.

Mentality
VERY IMPORTANT!!! I will NOT GET DISCOURAGED!!! I am doing something good for my body regardless of how slowly the weight comes off! The bottom line is that if I DON'T stick to plan I will continue to GAIN weight and that's no good for anyone! So I might as well stick to plan and lose a pound a MONTH even cuz hey, in 2 years that's 24 pounds!

Ok, I know that was a lot but I find that the more organized I am and the more I spell everything out, the clearer I am on what is required of me. Do you know what I mean?? It just helps me SEE better!

Do you want to do the same?

Also, a friend of mine is listening to these Anthony Robbins CDs (I don't know if you know of him but he is this "self empowerment Guru" type guy) and he told me of this exercise that involved picking something that you want to change about your life and then making a list of 10 reasons why you "Absolutely MUST make this change" and then 10 "Negative consequences if you DO NOT make this change". I think I will make those lists and post them...whaddya think?

Alright , it's late and I have to get to bed.

I am VERY excited to begin this journey with you Kristina!!! Thank you so much for being here!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Peace,
tesia

Last edited by starchile : Thu, Dec-11-03 at 01:41.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 15:13

BF:
Default D'oh!!!!

Ok, so I accidentally ate an apple at work b/c it completely slipped my mind that I was starting my egg fast today!!! So, erase erase!!!!!!

Food:
apple- (NO NO!)
getting ready to eat lunch right now and I will have 5 fried eggs

Water:
So far so good. Probably at about 20 oz.

Exercise:
30 min/ curves

Stats:
Weight: 287
Bust: 45.5
Waist: 40
Abdomen: 54.5
Hips: 56
Rt thigh: 34.5

Will be back later!!!

Where are you Kristina??

T

Last edited by starchile : Thu, Dec-11-03 at 15:18.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 16:24
Contributing Member

BF:

Here I am I had to step out and couldn't get back to my computer!! Sorry!!
Yesterday I was hungry again no cravings but, I was hungry. .I stayed focused I don't think I ate enough for lunch. Its weird once you get past the cravings you forget about eating. Now I have to force myself to eat. This is strange. I have social habits that I miss like there is a bakery in my little town that I love to go to. I used to sit and eat a big cinnamon roll and latte. Now I just avoid going. I do miss the gossip though. I am not going until I see some major results maybe in two months. (just saying what I miss)

I do love Tony Robbins everyone laughs because I am such a fan of his..I have a whole series of his tapes..I will have to pull them out and listen to them concerning my weight loss.

I believe in motivating oneself through positive affirmations.

We have a curves here on the Island I should stop in there and check it out. Is the workout good?

I did do the Montel workout and saw results right away especially in my energy. We moved and I left my workout sheet on the wall of our workout room. I did Montel for two months before going to Europe I wanted to be able to hike around and I wanted to be in shape. It really made a difference.

I ate today:

BREAKFAST: salmon, creamcheese, and a boiled egg warmed up together in a pan.
I was going to make an omelette out of it but I had boiled all the eggs last night. It wasn't bad.

LUNCH: Tunafish, celery stalk, boiled egg, cheddar cheese chunks all mixed together in a bowl.

DINNER: Chicken breast, Rogfurt cheese and heavey cream melted together like a alfredo sauce and put over the top..on spinach.
I love this dish when I am not on this diet, I usually put it on Noodles but, NOT NOW.

I will eat SF jello and whip cream for dessert.

That is all !!

Exercise: free weights, and ball, a hike in the woods to find Christmas greens to make
wreaths.

We have some great hikes on the Island through woods with huge redwood and cedar trees I pick up all the droppings and get creative.
I have two standard poodles that love to run through the woods.

I will post again tomorrow at nine.

Thanks again
Kristina
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 18:24
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I am up for hardcore all the way. I only read the first 3 posts star..but i did see that you "accidentally" ate an apple (while low carbing) because you were starting the egg fast. (clearing throat). I am going to let that pass cause we dont know each other yet.

I am up for a challenge to keep me straight. Lets go girlfriend.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 21:07

BF:
Thumbs up Quick Checkin!!!

Hey Ladies!!!

I hope you both are doing fabulously!!!

Iris- Welcome !!! HHAAHA!! You are funny. It REALLY was an accident and not an "accident"

But that's good though, you're coming in STRONG already...I DEFINITELY need YOU here!

So, hopefully you'll read some of the other posts to see what we are doing to try to keep us on track. I'm mostly just spelling out every single thing so that everyone (including me) knows what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing...and if I don't check in and let you all know, feel free to call me on it!

What are your goals??? How long have you been LC'ing?

Kristina- Yeah, I miss stuff like that too. You don't really realize it at the time but food can be such a major part of our lives! I've had to cut down on going to my sister's house b/c I realized that that is ALL that we did!! We got together and ATE! On the flip side PLEASE EAT!!! You may already know this but it never hurts to be reminded...your body will go into STARVATION mode and hold onto fat if you don't give it enough calories!!!! Sooooo even if you are not hungry snack on a piece of string cheese or something. It doesn't have to be anything huge. KEEP YOUR CALORIES UP! I know it's weird b/c we are not trained to think that way but it is an issue. Also, you never mentioned anything about your water intake. Where are you with that??

The curves workout is "ok". Not the best in the world, honestly. I only say that b/c I'm the type to get bored easily. I much prefer the high energy routine of Billy Blanks (only if he had BETTER MUSIC THOUGH!) But for what it is required, it works. To be able to get what you need in 30 minutes is awesome. And you can get a FABULOUS workout by putting more effort into the machines b/c they are hydraulic. Seriously, it doesn't look like much when you look at them and think "only 30 sec on each machine???" But I tell you I've come out of there SWEATING like crazy!!! So, if you can handle the same routine repeatedly, it may be for you. I'd say try it out though b/c some women SWEAR by it! AND I've seen some pretty awesome results from the ladies that come in.

Your decorations sound nice!!! What a wonderful way to spend a part of your day--walking through the redwoods. I LOVE the redwoods. I lived in Humboldt County (in the middle of the redwood forest) for 7 years and I'm STILL in awe of the sheer beauty and wonderful energy those huge trees hold!!!

OH!! My checkin for the day:

Dinner: 5 eggs fried in bacon grease
Water: didn't make the 64oz but got pretty close
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 12:36
Contributing Member

BF:

Hi I am sitting here on a Conference call and eating sausage and two fried eggs..yum love the fried eggs. As far as water goes I drink one cup of hot water in the morning with lemon. I have lost because my silk pJs are looooooose and not hugging my behind..They are clean and usually need to be stretched a little but I put them on this morining and they are already loooooose real looooose I am so excited. I do not have a good scale and living on the Island you don't have great opportunity to buy just everything most of my purchases are from the internet.

Comlaint: I had a Chiropractic appointment yesterday she said no workouts for two weeks!! I have a neck that keeps going out. I think that it is weight related. So we will see, I can take walks which I plan to do. I always feel so guilty walking with out my doggies which I can't do as they cause me to throw my neck out.

Good things: I am losing!! I still have no sugar cravings..a shocker to me. My husband is reading the book as he likes to make desserts and he said he would be glad to make low carb stuff and so he is showing intrest and actually reading the book. He was drilling me haha and now knows more then me. (He likes that).

Water intake 64oz a day

So far today 16oz.

Feeling good, sleeping well unusually well it is weird great dreams, funny amazing dreams I love that. Know one has said ooooh you look skinnier yet but, when that happens I will be thrilled.

Talk to you at five today...

Kristina (the chubybuddy is a name my father called me when I was little, when he passed away those were his last words.)
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 15:35

BF:

Hiya!

Just popping in for my midday checkin. Congratulations on the weight loss Kristina!!! Isn't it awesome when you start to notice??? Also, a word on OTHERS noticing...DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!!! I lost 45 pounds before anyone said anything to me!!! It may be different for different people, depending on how they carry their weight but...

Sorry to hear about your neck. Just make sure to continue to do what you can though, anything is good!! At least you have walking, that works wonders for the lower body.

My Checkin so far-

Exercise:
30 min curves + about 15 additional minutes of curves

Food:
Lunch- 4 fried eggs

Water:
so far about 55 oz

Talk later!

Last edited by starchile : Fri, Dec-12-03 at 15:38.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 22:57

BF:
Default Doing Great!

Ok, but not perfect I did jump on the scale today! DARN SCALE!!! That is the one thing I do NOT feel in control of yet...obsessing over the scale!! I wish that I could just do what I need to do and not worry about how much I'm going down/up--just trust that I'm doing the right thing no matter what those numbers say. That is how I get discouraged!! The numbers don't move and then I think "what the hell" and next thing you know there's a KRISPY KREME hangin' outta my mouth!!

My Checkin-

Food:
Dinner: Egg salad (5 eggs, 1/4 cup mayo, tbs mustard, seasoning)

Water
FABULOUS!!! I'm POSITIVE I drank over my goal of 64oz. Actually, I'm pretty sure I drank over a GALLON easy! Yeahhhh me! (unfortunately, I'm sure I'll be paying for that alllllll night as I scurry across these cold wooden floors to get to the potty!)

Exercise:
Again, above and beyond my goal!! NOT only did I do my workout plus extra on my first shift at the gym, during my second shift I worked the HELL out of my thighs!! I'll be surprised if I can even walk straight tomorrow!!! I was hardcore on the abductor/adductor machine and the squat machine (which everyone in the gym hates b/c it hurts like hell!)

So that's it for me!

Anyway, haven't heard from you today Kristina! Where are you Lady???

Last edited by starchile : Fri, Dec-12-03 at 22:58.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 02:45
Contributing Member

BF:

Hello..I am here and you will be so proud of me...
I went to a party had to be out the door by five to pick people up. It was a Christmas
party with the usual Buffet and the oooooozie chocolates and the skinny ladies shoveling them in. .What's the secret? I am so proud thought I may have been the heaviest person in the room and I was not eating anything but, the turkey, cheese, and mo' cheese..they had cream puffs Ii love Cream puffs...
Well, I drank my eight glasses and then some mineral water..some decaf some hot water in the morning.

I walked in the woods with my husband and dogs only .5 miles it was muddy..

I need to get walking more, will do 2 miles tomorrow.

I am so proud to pull this off (the party)

You didn't eat the crispy creme?

Sounds like you are doing good...I am proud but worried is this going to be day 2 of you 3 day egg thing?
I love eggs but man three days of them

We put up our tree its so huge 12 feet.

David Letterman had Julia Roberts I love her she is so skinny and very bright

Do you watch any TV?

Read Books?

I am sticking close to the Dr. Phil dieters. They are the ones I am looking to see if any changes are taking place. There is one woman who I have always thought needed a make-over. She has a long mullet thing going. She has a pretty face..and will look fabulous with an updated dooo. Well on Monday they are doing a make-over on her seems everyone else in America seems to think she needed one also. I am excited to see what they do to her.

When I am not working I tend to watch the television. I love it. I do projects that may last 6 months and I don't watch TV but, right now I am project free for the next couple of months..so I am hooked.

I need to walk..I promise to walk 2 miles tomorrow.

Until 9 am I will be sleeping its 12:41 and I am sober!!! I don't know if thats good or
bad..

NO CARBAS though!!!!

Think lovely thoughts
Kristina
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 11:08
Contributing Member

BF:

Hello, I am up early with no guilt!! Its almost nine AM. I think of how I could have woke up this
morning kicking myself for failing to be strong in the face of all that food lastnight. I really didn't suffer
at all last night. I was more thrilled at being strong. I think the only person who could make me
fail my diet would be Pavarotti. I would eat pasta (maybe) for him. Other then that I feel no one is
worth me losing who I am in the face of food. The girl I was with was shocked that I could resist the
desserts. She was stuffing herself.

I came home to my sweet dog Mr. Tubbs lovin me no matter how I look. He is a huge standard
poodle with ink black hair...and he can't live with out me.

Exercise: I am going to walk today..2 miles

Food: I just got the Atkins cook book so I am going to read for my meal today. I have to get
more creative, I am getting bored with the samo samo.

I am so proud of myself today I cannot fail!!

Talk at you later

Strutting Now

Find something to inspire yourself today!!

Until noon

Kristina