Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 13:05

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 221/190/175 Male 6 feet
BF:27/13/10??
Progress: 67%
Default witch's brew!

where are Scully and Muldur when you need them?

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/.../prweb91364.htm

A Weight-Loss Program for Witches?
A new web site WiccanDiet.com offers a diet that it claims has been past down for generations. The core diet is reputed to be thousands of years old.

First it was Akins, then that South Beach diet and now the latest Internet diet craze looks as though it is going to be a diet that is reputed to be thousands of years old. For the last couple a months Wiccandiet.com has been offering a 4 week weight-loss program that is rapidly gaining popularity and loyal followers. The online program consists of recipes, downloadable journal software, private membership in a online club, as well as spells, affirmations and visualization techniques. It’s a long way from Weight Watchers.

Carol Spencer one of the founders of WiccanDiet.com says that the diet is balanced, with a focus on healthy foods and exercise and even without the “Witchy” stuff easy to lose weight on. She claims the modern western diet is radically different from the one human beings spend millions of years evolving on. Most of the modern maladies, including obesity came about with the change in our diet. The Wiccan Diet has a similar philosophy as some of the popular low-carb diets or the so called cavemen diets. But Carol claims what really makes the Wiccan Diet so unique and powerful are the spells and visualization techniques. A rapidly growing number of converts are starting to agree with her

In today’s worlds of rampant obesity and related diseases maybe its not so crazy. Maybe its time to forget the conflicting theories. Maybe its time to ignore the debating Doctors and Nutritionists, maybe its time to throw away the supplements that don’t work, and light a candle under the moon. Maybe the people at WiccanDiet.com have the right idea.

Or we could all wait for the UFO diet.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 09:56

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I will definetly hafta check this site out.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 10:23
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

$30...is that the once-born price or are they charging other Witches for it as well?

Unbelievable. I'm embarrassed.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 10:43

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 221/190/175 Male 6 feet
BF:27/13/10??
Progress: 67%

I gotta admit I'm curious as to what their notion of the diet that man evolved on is, but I'm not $30.00 curious, and they don't explain much at all on the free site...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 11:14
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Just when I thought I had seen it all...
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 07:57

BF:

Too funny. I love the testimonials (all 3 of them) They give you absolutely no information on the diet! Im pagan, but theres no way I would fall for that one. I'd rather spend the money on a new set of sweatin' to the oldies tapes!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 03:13
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholian8
$30...is that the once-born price or are they charging other Witches for it as well?

Too funny, Emily! ... However ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccanDiet.com
The diet will work without magic, but just in case you need the extra help, it also includes the spells, affirmations and some advanced visualization techniques that even non-believers will find useful.

This caught my eye. I haven't done any magic around weight loss. Is anyone doing this type of work?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 14:05

BF:

I admit that I have done some. Candles and meditations mostly. Its just part of my nature.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 16:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/150/?? Male 5' 11
BF:25%/17%/<10%
Progress:

After plunking down your $30 bucks I bet all you would find is another slightly modified low-carb diet.

The rebuttal that I use whenever anyone claims that Dr. Atkins was just in it for the money is always the same. Atkins is one of the few, if not the only, diet that you can be successful at without contributing one red cent to the good Dr. himself. You can go to his website and learn everything that you need to know to successfully follow his diet. Yes, he has lots of products but you are required to buy none of them. All you need to do is eat normal healthy food and get some exercise. All of his products are simply there to make life as a low-carber a little easier. The fact that he was more interested in helping to heal this nation than amassing a Bill Gatesian fortune raised my respect for him as a person immensely.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 04:17
... Pro-Atkins!

BF:
Lightbulb Pagans and Interested Others ...

In a few days I'm going to start a thread on Weight Loss Magic.

There was an article by Lunaea Weatherspoon in SageWoman magazine many years ago that I've never forgotten; I've contacted the author and now have permission to reprint it on the forum. I thought it would be a good jumping off point for the discussion.

Just wanted to let y'all know!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 04:31
... Pro-Atkins!

BF:
Smile I forgot to add ... I agree with you, Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef
Atkins is one of the few, if not the only, diet that you can be successful at without contributing one red cent to the good Dr. himself. You can go to his website and learn everything that you need to know to successfully follow his diet.

Everything I've learned about Atkin's, I haven't paid a dime for. First I went to the website, then I borrowed his books from my local library. I appreciate the work he did to research and shape this WOE, but I'm really grateful that the information was shared with all of us.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 09:44

Plan: Zone
Stats: 235/190/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey, AntiM, I would love to see that article. I used to subscribe to Sage Woman but don't remember that one. Hope you post it soon!
k