Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 19:47

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

We're going to drop off the page at this rate! Where did everyone go???

I'm ready to throw in the towel here. I just can't do this now, it seems. My children are coming down with the flu (the real thing!) and I'm too busy to make that special effort to KISS. I did eat less today, so I feel better. And I'll still try to stay away from the cheese, but I'm not going to knock myself out about it just now.

I'll still check in with you guys---maybe you'll feel less lonesome! ;-) Keep up the good work!
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 20:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi everyone

Sara if you don't stop all of that silly talk I'm going to go to Atlanta and clean out your kitchen. Now cook you up some kiss food and put it in the refrigerator. Make sure that you take care of those babies.

I know it's hard to kiss but we all have to stick together. Lately I've been so tired from doing nothing that I go straight to bed. I'm glad that I stayed up tonight because MamaSara needs my attention. Sara if you have to add something why not try nuts. That is what I am doing now. I added nuts and it helps me alot.

***Even if you are not kissing please continue to post so that we can keep this thread alive. Hopefully other people will see it and want to join.
  #183   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 20:46

Stats: 163/163/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:34%
Progress: 0%

Well it look like you need people to join and I sure need some support and help so here I am ready to join.

I found out about Atkins last June, I put my fiancee on it and after seeing his weight melt for one month I decided to join. I lost 22 pounds so far and he lost 47.

I'm not the cheating kind of person, I set myself on not eating carbs and I just don't, that;s how I managed to be cheat free for so long. I only cheated for 5 days during my honeymoon ( we got married last month), but it was a long planned cheat including ONLY a slice of my wedding cake and several meals of sushi as our honeymoon was in Japan, no deserts or other indugences.

My problem now is that as my weight is coming down and the goal get's closer the weight lost slows down... also husband loves to try LC products and is always bringing them home fr me to cook them. Yesterday I did a ketosis test strip and my colour was a very very pale pink for almost no ketosis.

I need to get back on track and stop eating yummy LC foods that are bad for me and are stalling my weight loss and I'm counting on you ladies and your support.

I also got lazy on my water drinking and my exercise: I sail on summer and the season is over now... I ski too but the season didn't stat yet...

I'm here, so just ask and talk away.

I'm from Toronto, female, 37, newlywed.

Cheers,
H.
  #184   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 20:57

Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Amiee & Sara,

It sure was getting pretty lonely out here, both of you have been communicating but this thread isn't what it was like before and right after Thanksgiving. Wonder where everyone went.

I'm still cheat free, but just a slight snag. I think my body is tired of KISS, I have had a problem with constipation for the past couple of days. Even though I eat plenty of veggies and drink tons of water I think my body misses fat. Also, I have been drinking decaf tea in the morning (I drink tea straight), when I am not KISSing I usually drink Folger's decaf coffee but I have to put either cream or half & half in it, so while doing KISS I do decaf tea. For some reason the coffee works better for me as far as getting my system cleaned out before I hit the shower, that is when I weigh myself. This morning I actually showed 130 on the scale. The constipation eased up this afternoon, maybe tomorrow I will be back on track. I am not ready to throw in the towel yet, I am too close to goal.

The flu is hitting pretty hard here, there is now a shortage of the vaccine. DH and I both have had the flu shot but it is not a guarantee that it is for the same strain of flu that is going around. I have been taking a lot better care of myself since I quit smoking almost 4 years ago, 40+ years of being a very heavy smoker did a lot of damage so now I do everything that I can for myself.

Sara, please don't give up, you do so well, and with so many children I praise you for your will power. It is only DH and I in the house, it makes it so much easier for me to do this, DH is not an LCer even though on the weekends I do feed him LC food, what he doesn't know will help him.

We need to stick together in order for this to work, please don't quit Sara!

Amiee, why are you tired from doing nothing? Is there not enough work at your new job to keep you busy? That would drive me goofy, I need to stay busy. I have had jobs in the past where I had to pretend to be busy, that is very difficult.

Sara and Amiee, you both have a wonderful evening, I will post again tomorrow. The new day usually brings new beginnings.

Carol
  #185   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 21:03

Oh... I wrote so much but I forgot to say that I was reading the KISS webpage and I think that it's just waht I need: the courage to do a KISS style pure 2 weeks of induction to clean my system of all those bad LC fake foods and to get back on track and out of this stall.

That's all for now.

Cheers,
H.
  #186   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 21:28

BF:
Smile Welcome H!

Hi H,

The more the merrier. The KISS plan does work and it will work better if you follow the dos and don'ts. Hopefully you went to the beginning of this thread where Amiee gives the two websites to visit for the details on KISS.

Congratulations to you and your new DH on the weight loss and finding LC. I hope with all of us doing LC we can spread the word to others who are looking for the answer.

I think that most of those who were on this thread and became silent are having a difficult time because of the holidays, it is a hectic time of year to try and loose weight or change your lifestyle. There are so many people out there that are so negative on the LC way of life, one of these days they will all realize what it is all about and that it is the right way.

I live in Montana, am a 59 year old female and DH and I just celebrated our 22nd Anniversary last Friday.

Have to go now, will be back on at different times tomorrow.

Have a wonderful evening and again, welcome.

Carol
  #187   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 21:39

Thanks for making me feel welcome Carol.

I know Christmas is difficult, personally I'm going for a week to Europe to see my parents and I know the food temptations will be difficult. Fortunatelly my father is very suportive and he helps a lot, mom still wants to alk me out of it.

That's one more reason for me to want to start with a 2 wek clean KISS period before I go there on the 24th. I must clean my body ASAP of all this LC processed foods before I go.

Starting tomorrow I'll try to do KISS by the book!

Cheers,
H.
  #188   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 06:47

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Welcome "H"! And congratulations on your new marriage and your weight loss!

Thanks for all your support and encouragment, Aimee and Carol! I wish you would come down here and clean out my pantry---but then my children would have nothing to eat!

4 of the 6 are down now, or on their way. The only good thing about this is that they're easier to take care of when they have high fevers. It's better than cleaning up the vomit of 4 kids! LOL! I don't want to go THERE!

I bought a huge supply of my new favorite veggie the other day--brussels sprouts---and I'm going to roast them and enjoy them all day. I'm not going to save any for anyone else--not that they care! LOL! I also read they're good for fighting off viruses because of their high vit. C content.

If you've never had them roasted: slice some onions and put them in the bottom of your roaster or whatever, drizzle them with oil and pop them in the oven. Let them cook while you prepare the sprouts and steam them for a few minutes. Then add the sprouts to the onions and roast for 10-15 min. I did mine on 400 while I baked my quiches last time. Yummy!

I'll keep trying to KISS. Frankly, I'm wondering what I'll eat when I'm sick. Not much, I suppose. Maybe I'll drop 5 lbs. before Christmas that way! But does it all come right back???
  #189   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 08:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/184/129 Female 5'4 inches
BF:

Hi Everyone,
I am a week late, but here I am! Hubby took some time off work last week and we went on a few day trips with the kids. I was pretty much able to LC most of the time, but definitetly not KISS. Most of my snacks were cheese and nuts and because we had to get up so early I drank coffee again for that week. (It got cold here in s Florida)
I am having my period right now so I haven't weighed in yet, but I think I gained 2-3# through the Holiday week and a couple of birthdays

Anyway, back to not drinking coffe and staying away from the cheeese,nuts, shakes and processed food. I need to go shopping and get me some veggies and some meat.

Have a great day everyone.

P.S. Welcome H
Sara, I'm keeping your family in prayer. Take care of yourself, as you are the one taking care of everyone else.
  #190   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 10:11

BF:

I am so thrilled to see so many post.

Welcome Hellraiser. I think you will enjoy this thread. We try to give each other support and the strength to go on. Congratulations on your marriage.

Carol you said that when you are not kissing then you drink coffee if your body is still losing weight and the only thing that you have added is coffee and a few condiments but you still only eat meat and vegetables then you are kissing. The whole idea of kiss is to find out what slows your weight loss down. I know that nuts do not slow me down that is why I have added them to my kiss plan. I am still staying away from cheese and processed foods. You are doing a wonderful job. Thanks for posting.

Hi Mary!! I was wondering what happened to you.

Over the holidays I gained 8 pounds can you believe it. I got on the scale after thanksgiving and it said 160. Well I wasn't about to tell anyone that. Now remember TOM hit me after thanksgiving too. Well I am happy to say that my scale was kind to me today and I am down to 153.5 I will soon be at my siggy weight. I know that doing kiss and drinking water has helped me to get the weight back off. I am going to try my best to break the 140's before Christmas. I hope that everyone has a wonderful day. I will check back later.
  #191   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 11:15

Hi everybody and good morning, thanks for welcoming me.

I'm doing well, lots of water and KISS:

Breakfast: 2 eggs with 1 tablespoon olive oil salt and pepper.

Lunch: 6 oz beef with cayenne and salt in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 cup leafy greens.

1 liter water until now.

Amiee, I would like to reach that goal too: 140 before Christmas.

Cheers,
H.
  #192   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 12:10

BF:
Thumbs up Yahoo, Our Forum is Alive and Kicking

Good Morning Everyone,

This is great, before yesterday I was starting to get a little lonely.

Sara, I am so happy that you didn't throw in the towel, I know that you can do it, you are a very strong person. Also, thanks for the recipe for the Brussels sprouts, I have a package in the fridge and was trying to figure out how differently I would like to cook them, I always seem to cook mine the same old way. I am going to use your recipe tonight, thanks.

Amiee, thank you for the suggestion, after I read your reply I fixed myself a cup of decaf coffee and put a little half & half in and within 15 minutes everything started moving like it was supposed to I think what I will do is in the morning I will have one cup of decaf coffee with half & half. My body says thank you for the suggestion.

H, keep up the good work, you are on your way.

Have to close now, I am at work and need to go do some work.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Carol :rose
  #193   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 13:50

BF:

Hellraiser your menu sounds great.

Carol I'm glad that I could help out.

My menu so far:
Hamburger patty
cabbages
green beans

for a snack a few cashews
  #194   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 14:57

It's not that exciting Amiee, I do miss the cheese a lot...

Dinner: 4 oz shrimp fried with olive oil and garlic and leaffy greens 1 cup.
1 cup decaff black.

Cheers,
H.
  #195   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 07:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/184/129 Female 5'4 inches
BF:

Good Morning,
A quick note before i step out. I had an OK day yesterday, need to work on water intake, other than that it was OK.
Carol, i see you are getting pretty close to your goal. Are you changing/adding anything else to your diet?
Are you moving to maintance?
I don't want to get too close and then have to figure out how to start adding foods and keeping cravings down all at once, so I am trying to figure out how to do it.

A great day to all, I gotta run.