Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Whats easier to toss
Pizza bread 6 13.95%
Burger buns 37 86.05%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 23:01
Splenda Flavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/247/190 Male 5' 11 1/2
BF:more than I need
Progress: 33%
Default Bread Tossing?

Why do I find it so hard to toss the bread off a pizza then doing it to a burger? I have no problems tossing out the buns off a double quarter pounder with cheese, but to take the topping off the pizza and toss the bread kills me? Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 23:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins, general lc
Stats: 219/183/145 Female 5'3 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

Oh ho phatboy, do I hear you!!! I miss miss miss pizza to this day and always will I suppose. Bread too. I would sooner just avoid those things all together, as I find it just too hard to resist but living with my DH and two daughters all of whom are slim, it isn't easy!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 23:28

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

tossing the HB bun is easy, infact I trade it with a lc osolo bun instead!
Pizza is different, eating just the toping is like having cake without the frosting, peanut butter without jelly, i could go on!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 02:19
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

I don't have much trouble tossing either one, but I'd rather eat pizza crust than buns. I order pizza with extra cheese and plenty of toppings and extra sauce so it slips off the crust instead of sticking to it. My pizza joint let me look at the sauce cans and they don't have added sugars-so the sauce won't kill my diet.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 03:01
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I have No prob eating a burger without a bun, but that may be because I was a kid I half the time we would eat burgers with rice instead of buns (boy do I miss my rice sometimes lol)

One time before this woe I made burgers for myself and my boyfriend at the time and we didnt have buns in the house so I just made it with rice and he looked at me like I had 4 eyes, pointed and said what is that and insisted it wasnt a burger because it had no bun lol. Everyone is different I guess.

I only had to eat pizza once and ate the toppings it wasnt as hard as I expected it to be, but part of me would have liked to have eaten the whole thing then... but the cheese has always been my fave part anyway.

Mush harder to toss the pizza crust than HB bun simply because I am not used to tossing the crust.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 05:25

Stats: 480/440.2/225 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

I wouldn't be able to avoid eating the entire pizza, so I've chosen not to have pizza. Pizza free for 54 days.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 08:53

Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

One day I made a big triple batch of pancakes from Atkins mix. I made one big one the full size of the frying pan last. Then I let it cool on a rack and that night I covered it with the toppings, sauce, cheese, meats like pizza! Worked like a dream! It requires some effort to make it but that also helps keep me from overdoing it!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 09:24
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You can also use the LeCarb tortillas for pizzas. They have Lc pizza crusts. The one I tried I wasn't overly impressed with.

I stay away from resteraunt pizzas. I don't know if it's just the cheese, or the cheese and tomato sauce but I bloat, get thrown out of ketosis and just feel blah.

The deep dish pizza quiche tasted great, but still threw me out of kjetosis for a bit :P Think it's the cheese, or at least the high amount of cheese used on things. I think 1 slice of pizza = 1 oz cheese.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 10:36

Stats: 185/174.6/172 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 80%

Tossing the HB bun isn't a problem for me. I used the O-so-lo bunz a few times and they taste just fine. This past week, I used a Wonder Light Bun (14g net carbs). They were great. I'm not in induction anymore, so I just kept my carbs low with the rest of the meals that day and didn't stall.

As for pizza, we've only had it once since I started Atkins. I confess I simply ate one slice, accepted I might be stalled for a couple of days, and went back to very low carbs the next day. I got lucky and didn't totally stall. Mostly though, I simply avoid pizza.

Dan
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 13:38
Registered Member

Stats: 171/104/103 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 99%

I think its harder to not eat the crust of the pizza, b/c it is an important part of the pizza! when you toss the bun from your burger, you still have a burger, but when you toss the crust from your pizza, you have cheese and sauce. very tasty cheese and sauce, though, granted.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 14:10
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I've made lc pizza cruat at home with no problems. There are lots of recipes for it, and with all the toppings piled on, you can't tell...

BUT, if we're out eating pizza, even with my big ol' salad, I have trouble picking off the toppings..<sigh> We no longer order deep dish, and sometimes my compromise is eating the thin crust UNDER the toppings, but leaving the "edge". That way I get the taste without ALL the carbs. Needless to say, I don't do THAT often either.....
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 14:23

Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I was a picky eater as a young child. I didn't care much for [most] Bread, Rice, Pork, Beans, and Sauce/Dressing. I was also thin and got alot of exercise on a daily basis...I've never liked Burgers on Buns. Unfortunately, in 1995...I started eating ALOT of bread [and drinking alot of soda.]

1995: 1-2 servings of Grain/week; 12-24 oz. soda/day
1996: 6-8 servings of Grain/day; 48-80 oz. soda/day
2002: 8-11 servings of Grain/day; 72-116 oz. Soda/day

Any guesses on when I became Obese/Morbidly Obese ?

This diet has actually given me an excuse for why I wan't a burger without a bun. Before then, I'd get wierd looks and questions when I'd order a burger without the Bun [I didn't eat Burger very often, but almost never ate the Bun when I did.] Strangely enough, I did like Hot Dog Buns...though.

That means in 2002, I consumed 28-72x as much Grain as I did in 1995. On an interesting side not, my consumption of Meat [most weeks] had decreased by 71-96%.

Last edited by cc48510 : Sat, Dec-06-03 at 14:32.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 22:50
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I think it's because the bread in a hamburger is just like a carrier for the good stuff....but, the crust of a pizza is golden brown, crisped with olive oil, mmmmm . It is part of the appeal of the food.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 06:41

Plan: aitkens
Stats: 216/177/150 Female 5feet5inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

I have beeen on aitkins since May and Friday is pizza night at our house and I have one piece or maybe two and a big caesar salad.I have done this every Friday and it has not stopped me from losing.This is a plan for life after all and I like Friday pizza night.One piece is usually enough and I never feel like overeating.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 06:47

Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

my hardest thing is pasta. I love fettucini alfredo.