Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 09:43

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%

Quote:
As each individual fails because they have failed to realize that the original point of starting a low-carb plan was and is not only getting rid of evil carboydrates, but to get back to whole, unprocessed foods, they will undoubtedly go back to the "better tasting" higher carb cousins. Thus, quitting their low-carb plan and stating that it didn't work for them. Then, these people will have the audacity to have their blood-work done and claim, "See what [Low-Carb Plan] did to me! It made my stats go through the roof!"

I agree absolutey that the convenience products will not work for those that don't actually read the book and understand what its all about.
But I see it a bit differently.
There aren't many of those products (low-carb) that I actually LIKE using :-). They aren't really all that good, and my fresh homecooked meals taste much better, and CAN be made ahead of time for lunches ect.
So I don't see people "downing" them like snakwell's ( because lets face it, eating a bag of those were all too simple) but since this is about learning how to be friends with REAL food, if you use the convenience stuff, that also will never be as good for you as real food, you just won't get the point :-)
But it won't be because people can eat alot of those!!! LOL :-)