Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 06:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%
Question ohh boy!!! Here comes the Holiday Parties

We are having our office holiday lunch this Friday. It is at the Buckhead Club here in Atlanta. This is the most exclusive private business club in Atlanta. Anyway, I am worried that it would be a major insult to my boss if I do not eat the delicious foods that is being catered by Wolfgang Puck.

Dose anyone here think that it would just be logical to give in and eat the food just for one night or should I stick to my standards and just eat the meat???...????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 06:34

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

well personally I would ask to hold the potatoes and add extra vaggies - or something like that! I mean they wouldn't expect a veggie to eat turkey would they?

I ahve placed my lunch and made it as LC as possible which is great cos I know on the day I would weaken
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 06:46
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

With how far you have come on your weight loss, do you really think your boss will be offended or even notice if you don't eat some of the food offered? Go have a good time, eat what you chose and relax! Everyone will mostlikely be haveing to good of a time to pay attention to what you are or are not eating.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 06:53

Stats: 480/440.2/225 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Stick to your guns. You cannot let your boss run your life. (S)he doesn't have to live with the consequences of eating the higher-carb stuff. You'll meet the "team player" and "good fit" requirements simply by being there. How you choose to eat is your business.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 13:16

Stats: 166/160/143 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 26%

I am in the same situation this afternoon - xmas lunch party - though I'm not oo worried about offending anyone.

I know that they has to be at least one thing that I can eat and I will eat that.

I am going to drink but I will stick to wine and soda.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 14:01
Registered Member

Stats: 182/178/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 13%

My x-mas luncheon for my p/t job is coming up as well. I get the choice of prime rib with baked potato and salad or sage roasted chicken with sage stuffing and salad. I haven't decided which, but I plan just not eat the potato or the stuffing.

My advice is to eat as few carbs as possible but still indulge yourself, if there is something you especially want. I mean, it is Wolfgang Puck cooking for you, right? How often do you get an opportunity like that? However, if you really feel like you would be compromising your standards by indulging than by all means don't! I don't think anyone will be insulted if you pass on anything! They will probably be impressed at your willpower!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 14:01

Stats: 264/246/175 Female 65"
BF:??/47%/35%
Progress: 20%

I eat out often and find that it's not too hard. Just resist the bread, pasta, potatoes and dessert. Any really good restaurant will be prepared to add to your veggies and even take the sauce off the meat if you need to do so. You've done so well so far, why take the chance of getting back into the "carb habit"?

By the way, I'm the "boss" at my business and am accustomed to people being on all kinds of different ways of eating.......I respect their willpower when they pass up those things they shouldn't have.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 14:13

Plan: SBD
Stats: 209/173/150 Female 5'7"
BF:40.9%/33.5%/23%
Progress: 61%

Youv'e been doing great. Eat what you want. Nothing says you have to clean your plate.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 19:05

Stats: 235/145/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

I think other people really don't notice what we eat or don't eat. If you don't talk about your food choices, I doubt if anyone else will.

And if someone should happen to comment, just say you're stuffed and can't eat another bite. That couldn't possibly offend anybody.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 06:03

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Dh's christmas party is next week at the Peachtree Driving Club. Very nice, but I don't think Wolfgang will be cooking for us! But they always serve homemade saltine crackers. They are so flakey and yummy with butter!!!!!! But I'll just immediately move them over to dh's plate.

The other hard thing to resist will be the creme brulee at the end. I'll have to try to enjoy my coffee with lots of cream. I love creme brulee! Last year I ate it, but I wasn't losing as well as I am now and I definitely don't want to start the sugar ball rolling right before Christmas!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 07:07

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Enjoy the wonderful dinner prepared by Wolfgang Puck! You know what you can eat and what you can't. If you are able to limit yourself to single bites, sample what you are served; otherwise, skip what you shouldn't have or can't resist.

If you feel you'll be hungry because there won't be enough legal fare, have some broth before going to the party. It will curb your hunger and prevent over-eating.

Cheers
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 09:57
Registered Member

Stats: 238/215/175 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 37%

I know what you mean about the holiday parties..they are tough and so many of them!!

I am with Colleen on this one (us TX girls gosta stick together..haha) and I really don't think anyone will notice what you eat and what you don't. I am a pretty social person and love all the parties...I am paying more attention to the conversation then whats on someone's plate.

Have fun and if you decide to eat whatever you like...don't sweat it!

Ciao,
keli
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 14:40

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

So I made it through the party. I enjoyed my self. I did have a few bites of carrot cake and I dont really feel bad about it. Thanks for the advice and Merry Christmas everyone!