Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 10:19

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Friskyroo - I'm so sorry about your friend. I know how hard it's been the last few months with my friend avoiding me. I can't imagine her being gone. I'm glad you have your family. My family is the best too.

Except for my best friend, everyone else has been so supportive. Family, co-workers, neighbors. Got together with my college roommate and she emailed the college gang to tell them how great I looked. We're getting together in January and I'm really excited since they all sent positive emails after hearing from my roommate. We try to get together twice a year . Last time was before I began this woe. I did let everyone know I was starting but haven't mentioned anything about my weight since the beginning of the summer. Seems strange to toot your own horn. Plus, of the 7 of us, only two gained weight since school. Five are the same weight as in college. That must be some sort of record! I always hid in the back when we took pictures, like that would keep anyone from noticing how huge I was next to these skinny folks. (None of them make any sort of issue about eating or weight. It was totally MY problem with MY weight. They aren't thin people who make it an issue to be thin, they just never gained and never judged me because I did. The best kind of friends. Sure wish we lived closer.)

Seems people with weight to lose themselves have a harder time being supportive of us. I used to be so jealous when someone lost weight because I wanted to be them (without giving up my carb loaded goodies of course). I remember, it isn't easy being on the other side. Hopefully my best friend will stop making my weight an issue in the friendship and we can get back on track. If I want to talk LC, I have you folk. I need her to talk kids, home, work, pets, all the rest of the world. I'll give her a call tonight and maybe talking over Chirstmas plans can get us back on track!

Last edited by fitznoski : Wed, Dec-03-03 at 10:25.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 11:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Wow

I'm so glad I came across this topic. Upon reaching my goal I had so many "friends" and family saying I was getting too small. I am 5'5" and reached the goal of 135 which personally is a healthy and not stick figure size! Anyway I got so tired of hearing.. "You need a whopper w/ the bun and fries!" You know I worked my butt off to lose this .. people assume that Atkins is just simple and a quick fix,but it takes so much dedication to lose weight! Anyway I found myself really taking these comments to heart and being the emotional eater I am I gained back 5lbs. Fortunately I went back on strict induction and lost it all and still hold strong at the 135. From now on I've learned to accept that misery loves company. People who are unhappy with who they are cannot be happy for you! It is the ones who say "My God Shannon you look GREAT!" that really make me feel better.. And these people keep me going. So remember for each one of your so called "friends" .. you will find someone along the way who can truly inspire you..To all of you good luck! I'm proof that it CAN be done.. I've gone from 16W's to 9's.. This is a GREAT WOL!