Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 06:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/186/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default buddies for 19year old student low carber??

Hi,

im looking to start a little community of student low carbers to help keep me going over xmas! ive been low carbing on and off for about 4 months but i used to be a lot bigger. at one point i was 17stone 11 and managed to get down to 15stone 10 at weight watchers, but couldnt shift any more weight. i stayed at 15stone 10 for ages but through atkins im now at 13 stone 6.

My final goal is 9 stone 5 (im pretty small at 5ft 2") which would leave me on the chubby side of healthy (i hope - i dont want to be too slim) .

Ive just moved to uni and in the initial 3 weeks here i ate exactly what i wanted, drinking all the time with my new friends - i soon realised i was a whale (lol) and lost it again but its difficult when all your friends want to go to the cinema and gorge on popcorn, or go to pizza hut etc.

Im pretty good in the day - i have quite strong willpower - especially if i know im doing well. i just need a bit of encouragement sometimes, and advice about what to drink when you go out in the evening.

i weigh every day to keep a monitor on how the food that ive eaten has effected me (i.e. whether to eat it again) and was wondering if anyone else did the same.

There dont seem to be too many UK low carbers on here and im looking to find some of those aswell, because i cant find many specifically low-carb foods for sale in shops (not online - too expensive - i am a poor student!).

So if anyone wants to buddy up or just chat about whats good and not soo good to drink then i'd be thrillled.

thanks,

Laura
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 17:10

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

hi I might not be what you are looking for since I am 15. but if you do want to talk I would talk to you about low carbing and other stuff. It would not offend me if I am not what you are looking for in a buddy. I just thought I would offer.
if you have AIM (aol instant messanger) and you want to talk my aim is truebluesfan88.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 11:07

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%

You may want to see this link here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=120

Its a link to the Student and Teen LC'er subforum...

hope this help,
Korry
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 06:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/186/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

hey no probs, i have been low carbing for a while now if u wanted to ask any questions i'd be happy to answer. i dont have aim but i do have yahoo messenger and msn. my yahoo is goth_freakess~yahoo.com or msn is laura_harley~hotmail.com . drop me a line
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 16:46

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

hi louby_lou . i will try you on msn , or if i can do it i will e-mail you if those are you e-mails that u wrote. talk to you soon .