Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 18:14

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default The Best Christmas Present...4 to 8# loss

Welcome to our continuing monthly challenge

We welcome any newcomers! We have such an awesome group of friends here. We are here for each other day to day.

To be part of our challenge, we ask that you:
  • Check in on Mondays with your reported weight
  • Report in at least weekly to encourge the others. We will also be here for YOU.
  • Do something totally unexpected for someone during the month of December...one of the best gifts you could ever give!

Are you ready? Let's celebrate December, LowCarbing, and the best buddies anyone could ever ask for!

Hugs to you all!
Annie-Pie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 19:21

Plan: card addicts
Stats: 270/270/170 Female 64 inchs
BF:
Progress: 0%

See everyone on Monday morning!

Love Tina
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 19:31

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default hey

COunt me in.. see you on monday as well! a 4-8 lb loss would be amazing!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 19:40

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'd love to join! This will help me to stay off the scale except for mondays!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 22:13

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Michelle, 2B-Able--

Glad to have you on board! I know some people may say that a 4# Loss may seem "weak" or "ninny" but the truth is that if we lose only 1 pound a week, it more than likely will stay off faster than if we would lose 10 pounds in a month.

Most of us here (including Tina) realize we are all in this not only for the longrun, and a healthy lifestyle, we are here for each other...to really lift each other up with lots of understanding and hugs.

PS Nat490 has a ohhh-so---tasty fudge recipe. I'll ask her to post it here for you all. That should keep us out of the marshmallow creme, eh?

Don't be hard on yourself for the times it gets tough. Check in here and you'll get all the support you need without having to pay a weekly fee. How does THAT sound!? That would put you on Santa's Nice list.

See ya tomorrow!

Hugs, Annie-Pie
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 05:52

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Well, here I am..... holding my head down in utter shame and embarrassment.
Hi, my name is Heather and I am a carb addict.

Left for NJ on Tues. Packed all my LC stuff. Had every intention of sticking LC except for Thanksgiving. All went well. Thanksgiving, I ate candied sweet potatoes and that was the end of me. Those damn things put me on a carb for all! Put it this way, I ate about 6 mini packs of M&M's last night! I thought come Friday I could get back. Sounded good till the kids brought home a 2 ft. italian hoagie from WAWA. We don't have WAWA's in the south and their italian hoagies are to die for. Anyway, thought I'd end it with a bang, ate about 8 mini frozen snickers then Chinesse food for dinner. Grandfather chicken, could it be any sweeter? Sat. the ride home. Thought for sure I'd be back on track, oh forget it, I just blew it all the way. I have to get back! I feel like shit! HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I have to start induction today!!! This cannot go on! I mean really, I ate till I wanted to puke. That should be a HUGE wake up sign!

I need to go back and read my own advice! Only problem is I kept thinking one more day, lets end with a bang! I just need one day of induction under my belt to get me started. Just one day to prove I can do this!

Thank GOSH we're continueing into December! If not, I'd surely be as big as the Christmas Ham!

Heather
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 05:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Sorry guys(gals) I didnt see this post until after I had already posted on the other one. Also, I think all this bad eating has went to my brain because I was thinking today was the 31st instead of the 1st. Anyway, you can all go back and read my disgusting post.

I think my main problem is that I cant get it into my head that this is gonna have to be a WOL for me instead of just a WOE. I have it in my head that if I want to cheat I can and I will just get back on track and it will all come back off. I think that is the bad thing about atkins, it spoils you because you can lose weight so easily and without exercising and it gives you the excuse to not exercise. I hope that makes sense. Today will be my first day on this WOL instead of just a WOE when I want to.
I have done well with the weight loss but since I have lost so much, I dont want to put forth the extra to lose more when I still need to. Everyone says, "YOu have lost so much already" but to me I am only about 5'4" and still over weight by at least 25lbs.
You guys have been wonderful and I love reading the posts. I dont always respond to each and everyone but I read them all. Keep up the good work and wish me luck. Birthdays are all over and no more holidays for 3 weeks so I have no excuses this month and dont be nice to me. Send me a big kick in the booty if I mess up this month.
Thanks to all of you for being here.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 05:59

BF:

Hi Heather, we must have been posting at the same time and what a coincidence, my thoughts exactly. I did the same thing, I just kept saying, "well I've already blew it, I might as well go ahead and get it all out of my system" which is totally the opposite, it only keeps you wanting more. I did the same thing, ate so much I got sick. We can do it, today is a new beginning for us both.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 06:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Welcome rodmick & 2beable. So glad you joined us!!!

Okay everone. We are starting a new month, new goals, new friends. We just got off the wrong exit of the journey. Let's get back on the highway and travel to our destination. My suggestion is to have ample appropriate food on hand. We are going to be busy, stressed and not want to make descisions about what to eat. How about gift #1 to ourselves this month is to have a meal or 2 prepared and in the freezer so we can just pop it into the microwave.

Don't forget to finish off the November challenge. I had a 3 lb loss which was really great for me. I actually had gained weight during the month so I feel like I lost 5 lbs. It is really amazing and scarey how easy we fall back to our old WOE. The sad part is it's not even with anything that is spectacular. I liked when Heather said to plan your cheats.

Blessings to all, Maureen
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 06:32

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Sheila, you might want to post your new weight. Your loss will greater for the month. We are here to support everyone.

Annie-Pie..wk1..12/1-173#..wk2..
Tina..wk1..12/1-222#..wk2..
2B-ABLE..wk1..12/1-165#..wk2..
Michelle..wk1..166#..wk2..
Heather..wk1..129#..wk2..
Sheila..wk1..170#..wk2..
Maureen..wk1..242#..wk2..

Last edited by want2bfit : Mon, Dec-01-03 at 06:46.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 06:40

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Staci and Heather, gee you two just described my attitudes and actions since last march! I held in a size 5/6 (down from 18)for 2 years before going nuts! Ok girls were in control now! Just think how crappy we feel when we binge on bad carbs! I'm going to keep chanting" I'm allergic to carrbs! They make me breakout in FAT!"

Thanks for the welcome Annie and Maureen. WEIGHT TODAY WAS 166.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 06:56

BF:
Default :(

Do I have to Maureen?
The last time this happened to me, I went up 10lbs. and back down 13lbs. for a total of 3 lbs. lost.
Ok I will as soon as it gets 9:30, thats my weigh in time every morning.
Welcome to all the newcomers and to all the oldies who have stuck it out with us.

Last edited by stacysheil : Mon, Dec-01-03 at 06:58.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 07:46
~ReFINDing Terry~

Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Smile

GOOD Morning Everyone! I just love you all so much! and am SO Thankful for each of you!

Sheila and Heather you brought tears to my eyes with your honesty. Thank you. You two are my inspirations, you have both lost so much! You are the proof that this is the answer. Thank you for the warning to stay faithful and not slip because even big losers can have a hard time getting back onboard...

We WILL be here for each other and help each other give ourselves the BEST Christmas Present we've ever received! (excepting the One True Present, of course ) We CAN get a hold of this WOL and glory in it. We KNOW it is the answer we've all been praying to find for so many years. Now we just have to embrace it and enjoy all the wonderful, satisfying, nourishing foods we can freely partake of and thank God we've found the cause of all our problems--CARBS. (spoken in heart felt love )

Welcome Michelle and 2B Able you are going to love our awesome group!

Michelle..wk1..148#..wk2..
Sheila..wk1..170#..wk2..
Terry..wk1..251#..wk2..

Last edited by TerryLynne : Mon, Dec-01-03 at 07:48.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 08:33

Stats: 209/198/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%

Good Luck everyone. Hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful as mine.

Sheila..wk1..170#..wk2..
Terry..wk1..251#..wk2..
Zuleka..wk-1 169..wk 2
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 09:36

Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Okay we have 23 days to be good and eat the right things. The 24th and 25th maybe carb spurges and then back to basics on the 26th to 31. With all the Christmas shopping going on we are sure to walk off some pounds--not to mention having to park miles away from the mall because of so many people.
Nov. was a great month for me because of all of you encouraging me to keep going. I was ready to lose it when I could not get past 201.5. But you all were there to help. Thank-you for that. My goal is to be about 190 by Christmas and I think it will be a reality.
Shiela and Heather--You can get back on track and we are here for you.
Terry the way you write just inspires all of us.
Welcome Michelle and 2B Able this group is fantastic.
Zuleka , Tina, Maureen you are doing great keep it up.
Annie hopefully you will get all those articles done so you can come play with us more often.
angie

Sheila..wk1..170#..wk2..
Terry..wk1..251#..wk2..
Zuleka..wk-1 169..wk 2
Angie..wk1...194.5..wk2