Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 08:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Xantham gum is the bomb! I don't understand why anyone, LC'ing or not, would use flour. It makes gravy so easily! It's fast and NO CLUMPS! Great advise. I'm using it from now on.

Everything for me turned out really well. My non-LC'ing uncle said it was the best holiday meal he's had in a LONG time. He loved the stuffing, cranberry sauce and faux potatoes which were also all LC. He even called the next day to tell me again how good everything was. SUCCESS!

The cranberry sauce was FABULOUS with Splenda added in. Just like the real thing. The stuffing I invented myself. 2 kinds of mushrooms, black olives, celery, onions, traditional stuffing spices, and LC bread (found white bread with 4 carbs per slice at Whole Foods). We went light on the bread and heavy on the veggies to cut the carbs -- YUM! I made a HUGE thing of faux potatoes -- always delish and a big hit with the guests. I even got a "WOW! These are BETTER than real mashed potatoes!" I also did a pumpkin pie cheesecake with Birdie's pecans as the crust -- another hit! We marinated the turkey in Drew's Shitake Ginger marinade (LOVE that stuff, I practically buy it by the case!).

THANK YOU everyone for tossing around recipes and ideas. I didn't even feel compelled to cheat or feel deprived or anything. I ate a REAL holiday meal with no guilt. I do admit, I felt weird eating -- it was too good to be true! I'd love to hear how everyone else made out.
Christmas is only a month away and I'd love to use some more of these recipes. Hope things went well for all! Thanks again!