Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 05:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%
Talking Yippe - I'm with the owl crowd

Well ladies, I'm here. Hope I don't bore ya'll. I needed a boost - so I went back to my old journal to see how far I've come ...almost 42#'s and 32 inches. That's almost a yard!!!!! Wow, I don't want to stall. This week before thanksgiving I went back on induction and reduced my calories to diet level (12-1300) By the 5th day, weakness set in and I couldn't keep up in aerobics or have the stamina for weights. I logged this same weakness in my old journal - same day. Must be the detox process.
But a peculiar thing happened on induction this time. I have been taking metamuil (sp) every other night, but there is not much of an effect. (I have trouble with cheese binding me up) I'm thinking that I am burning enough calories that I do not have the waste product to eliminate in the morning. I mention this because of the comment about famine mode - the body goes into to protect it's plateau. I know I plateau at about 160 - I'm trying to break it by going back on induction last week and adding the weight trainning 2 days per week. I may be putting on muscle, and that is why the scale won't budge- or like you said - famine mode. What do you think. PS I drink so much water - the ketone sticks don't show anything.