Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 21:36

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 192.9/187.3/100 Female 59in
BF:30%/30%/20%
Progress: 6%
Default What's your...

typical menu like on Atkins? I typically eat:

Meal 1: 3 eggs and 3 strips bacon
Meal 2: 1/2 cup cream and sugar-free choc syrup
Meal 3: chicken cooked in olive oil, 2 cups of mixed salad, 1tbsp mayo, 1/4 grated cheese
Meal 4: 1/4 cup of nuts or 1/4 cup of cubed cheese
Meal 5: steak cooked in olive oil, 2 cups of mixed salad, 1tbsp mayo
Meal 6: protein shake made with water, 1/2 cup cream, sugar-free choc syrup

Just curious as to what people are eating and also how people are doing weight-loss wise and trying to get an idea as to what food works best in weight reduction, what food works best in quick weight-loss, and what foods seem to stall weight loss.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 23:05
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Gah if I had that much cream I would be packing on the pounds. Your not on induction are you?

My typical day is something like

Meal 1
2 egg omlette with veggies and meat, or maybe a sunny side up egg on zucchini hashbrowns.

Meal 2
Large salad with chicken breast and oil

Meal 3
small snack of left overs, or maybe some low sodium lunch meat

Meal 4
Usually fish or chicken, occasionaly beef, with 1-2 types of veggies.

Meal 5
leftovers again, snack I can cook quick, some yogurt, or what ever I dig up.

I have actual menus in my journal.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 01:10

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 192.9/187.3/100 Female 59in
BF:30%/30%/20%
Progress: 6%

Yes I am on induction. Am I having too much cream? LOL I will take a look at your journal too. Thanks Ladybelle
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 02:16

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

I put my menu in my journal everyday and you can also see my Fitday information from the link below. This is a typical menu for the working week. I eat my breakfast when I get to work, so it has to be portable. I live in the UK so probably have slightly different foods available. As I've been low carbing for over 2 years now I have up to 50 g carbs a day and am still losing.

Breakfast - cooked ham
Breakfast 2 - Crackers, pate
Lunch - Cold roast chicken (tuna or prawns), mayo, salad - lettuce, tomato, spring onion, red pepper: plum or small piece of fruit
Dinner - Pork chop (Salmon, chicken breast, steak) with broccoli, mushrooms (green beans, zucchini, snow peas, rutabaga)
Snack - Grapes (Honeydew melon) with Greek yoghurt
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 06:03

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Mine varies ... especially on weekend...but during the working week my menu looks like this:

BF: 2 cups coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and splenda; Ham/Cheese rollups or 2 eggs or 1 serving of Flax-O-Meal cereal w/1/2 & 1/2 & splenda

SN: 1 EAS or Atkins RTD Shake - 11 oz or veggies w/ranch dressing or 3 oz tuna pouch or 2 oz cheese melted in microwave.

LU: ALWAYS a Nice big salad containging 2-3 cups romaine, bacon, ham or other meat, cheese, raw veggie like Broccoli or Mushrooms topped with either Ranch or Caesar dressing

DI: 5-6 oz meat; 1 cup of some veggie with butter or topped with cheese

DS/SN: 4oz SF Jello w/whipped cream or 1 serving Breyers Low Carb Ice cream or 1 oz nuts or small salad (1 cup w/2 tbls dressing)
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 06:55

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

haha my menus are VERY VERY long because I snack alllll day. The things I just HAVVVE to have every day are eggs, cauli puree, and my peanutbutter toast. Most other things I can live without if I have to. My menus are always in my journal too.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 09:04
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You are doing really good on eating your veggies and having many small meals though the day. That will help get the body in burning mode

Cream can stall some people even in small amounts. On inducation cream is limited too 2-3 table spoons a day. 1/4 cup has 4 tbsp.

Nuts are a no-no on induction.

Cheese is also limited to 3-4 oz so you are probably ok there. The protien shake depends on what kind it is. If you are losing weight, no problem. If you stall though, cut those out.

check out
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html
for a list of allowed foods on induction

Also look at
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-325810.html
for the rules of induction that can really help you get off to a good start cleaning out your system and overcoming carb addictions

Good luck. This way of eating is a learning process. You could be one of the lucky ones who can handle that much cream and can add it back in when you do OWL. You just have to learn what your body can and can't handle.

If you peek at my menus, only look at about the past month when I returned to induction levels. Prior to that I was having around 40-50net a day. I still occasionaly have non induction allowed foods, but I'm in OWL so that's ok
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 13:11
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

My menus have been iffy since wed really with all this thanksgiving stuff going on and I was hectic so I ate some foods that were not the best choices recently but typically

Breakfast 2 eggs w1c spinach and 1oz cheese

snack string cheese

Lunch Salad with Romaine lettuce, a little bit of onion tomato and cucumber and sometimes some spinach and green pepper or avocado with salt pepper olive oil, flax seeds and lemon
and a piece of grilled chicken breast, fish or a 4oz burger

snack2 - 12-24 almonds... sometimes mixed with a bit of sour cream and DaVinci Syrup

Dinner - low carb tortilla with chicken and onions 1T avocado or sour cream 1T cheese 1T salsa 1C leftover salad 1C roasted or steamed broccoli

I think my diet has too much dairy in it but I seem to be doing okay with it. Some days its more some days its less but I try and keep it in moderation.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 17:32

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Ladybelle, zucchinni hasbrowns what a great idea. I hadn't thought of that. I am having that tommorrow!! I love zucchinni!

Thanks for the ideas. I really have enjoyed eating caulifower "potatoes" as a veggie. I add another like spinach. I need to have several things on my plate for some reason. Just one meat and one veggie seems to sparce.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 18:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Okay--something to keep in mind about Induction: You started LCing the first of November, so you are past the two-week Induction period, so you can definitely add nuts to your diet, so don't change that. Nuts are high-fiber, high-nutrient, high-energy, high-fat and one of the best snacks around (they're my heroes! LOL).

I think I would try cutting back a little on the cream (like maybe no more than a half-cup per day). I would also sometimes replace bacon with less salty meats or cheese to go with the eggs.

I also have quite a few day's menus in my journal if you want to look. If you haven't already, I would recommend starting an account at http://www.fitday.com because it is soooo good at helping keep your fat intake up, your calories up and your carbs down. I've noticed if I bring my fat down too much, I stop losing as well. Even on 30 grams of carbs a day, my fat intake has to stay around 70%.

Best of luck to you on your continued weight loss!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 21:52

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Ohhh, my menu has grown since I began this way of eating.

Here are some examples. Beaskfast: 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon. 1 slice of low carb toast or low carb granola in 1/2 cup of splenda sweetened goat yogurt.

Lunch: steak pan fried in a butter/olive oil mix, asparagus and salad or broiled mushrooms. Or a bologna sandwich on low carb bread and cantalope,
Dinner: chicken; avacodo, tomato, onion salad with Ken's Creamy Ceasar Dressing, mustard greens ( I love those Southern, cooked greens ). Thanksgiving Dinner:Turkey, mashed cauliflower, kale, a very small amout of whole cranberries and homemade lc cheesecake. I am in HEAVEN!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 12:09

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

My menu is tastebud driven so I never feel deprived. Oh course my house only has low carb acceptable foods in it so this isn't a problem for me. I've been low carbing for 17 months and am still doing OWl my CCLL which I think is now called your ACL is over 70 but I try to stay well below that. I also hve a genetic cholesterol problem so i don't do much sat fat in my WOE.
Breakfast was a 3 egg white spinach and mushroom omlette
lunch was turkey in a tossed salad with flax chips.
Dinner was chili
Snacks were flax seed muffins with pumpkin butter, and almonds.
Drinks were green tea and water, lots of water.

Today was breakfast pumpkin flax seed meal pancakes,
lunch was taco salad, diner will be spaghetti squash with meat sauce with garlic flax seed meal muffins, and snacks will be flax pudding, either almonds or pecans. Drinks will be green tea and water lots and lots of water. I use fitday.com and log every thing that goes in my mouth because for some reason if I don't log it then my brain thinks it didn't have carbs.

If you are moving out of induction make sure you read chapters 13 and 14 of your book so you understand what moving to OWL will mean to your weight loss and when to add what foods like the nuts are the 3rd week of OWL and additional cream in the 2nd week.

Happy Atkins low carbing to you.