Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 14:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/179.5/140 Female 67 in
BF:TOO MUCH
Progress: 21%
Default Didnt want to but I blew it already this week!

I was completely in the frame of mind that I wasnt going to blow it for TG! But instead I blew it Monday AND Tuesday morning with company in town witn Pumpkin pie! Im depressed that I blew it and fearful that Im going to have trouble staying on the wagon the remainder of the week. Going to TRY and hold on but not optomistic! SO looking forward to next week when this FOOD holiday is over!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 14:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/130/120 Female 5ft 7in.
BF:
Progress:

I know, I know! I did the same thing. I have three TG day things to attend throughout the week. Sunday night was one and that was a disaster which ran through Monday b/c all the leftovers were in the house. But, I walked today at lunch and climbed back up on the wagon today.

We just have to minimize the damage. Good luck to us!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 14:28

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Don't turn a blown day into a blown week, month, or year. Just do the best you can, drink more water, and decide you won't indulge unless it's something it will take another whole year to see.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 15:44

Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

OMG. You had pumpkin pie. That calls for lashes. NOT! Relax, enjoy your company and remember, this is a long tem way of doing things. That allows for the fact that we are all human and need a little indulgence once in a while. You had a treat, now move on. It doesn't mean you have blown everything, just that you gave yourself permission to have something special. The rest of the day, week, month are going to be fine, unless you use going off track in one little way as an excuse to sprint all the way off. It always amazes me when folks post that they "cheated" what are they going to do now. Answer, the same as yesterday but without the "cheat". Move ahead - don't focus on past errors. Look to your success and not your failure. Where you look, so you shall go. You've heard that one about telling the skier to watch out for the tree, and they ski right into it. Focus on the clear downward slope, and miss all those pesky trees.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 12:21
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Lory, get ahold of yourself. You messed up once (ok, maybe twice). No big deal! Food does not control you, and you are strong enough to get back on the wagon and resist the pumpkin pie. Do not be afraid of food!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 17:25

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

I, for one, am really looking forward to eating pumpkin pie tomorrow! It's the only thing I anticipate eating that is off plan. If you think about, turkey day is a pretty cool food holiday, just load up on turkey and vegetables, it's what I eat all the time anyway! (I have been doing LC long enough that the stuffing has no power over me, like it used to). I just hope I have room left for the pie, I might end up nodding off in an armchair somewhere!