Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 18:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/214.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I live in Chesterton. I have lived in this area most of my life. Grew up in LaPorte & Michigan City.

I have to go to fitday all of the time to keep track of my weight. It isn't easy to take the weight off after you have been off the diet for awhile. It was soooo easy the first time and I wasn't even counting the carbs as well as I do now. I know it won't come easy, but I look and feel much better after I loose a few lbs. My mood has improved and I wake up feeling rested. My skin is in the best condition it has ever been in! Soft as silk!
I just can't run to the refrigerator to solve my stress. The answer to stress isn't found in chocolate or pasta.

It helps me to have a lot of low carb options available if I feel the need for a quick bite. Cubes of cheese or a quick omlette with bits of diced ham...stuff that doesn't require a lot of thought or time! Also, Seltzer water is my new drink of choice. Black cherry or lime! MMMMMM
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 19:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Hello

Hello! I am a Hoosier myself.. and must admit after REACHING GOAL>> fell off wagon bigtime! In fact I actually have not been good for quite sometime. One little cheat turned into a MONTH ..then TWO>> I have not been to this forum lately due to the fact that I feel like a failure rather than a success story. I have tried getting back on induction,but have noticed it is HARDER now to stay focused then it was at first. I have gained a few pounds back.. about 6lbs,butI have noticed how crappy I feel.. bloated etc. I've decided Friday.. day after Thanksgiving I will have to redo induction. I need DETOX badly!!! The one thing I have realized is that we are all SUCCESS stories.. whether we maintain or fall off now and then.. whether we have lost 2 lbs or 100.. So here I am BACK and realizing that I must get HONEST again. Thanks for listening.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 19:56
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/214.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I do once a month controlled cheat days. A few months ago my cheat day turned into a week and then a few months! I have been back on since 10-27-03. My first controlled cheat day will be Thanksgiving Day. Then I will be faithful until Christmas Day.
One a month at a time. I know I can't make it without a break now & then. Knowing that I have a day coming helps keep me sane. (Or as close as sane gets in my family!)
My average carb intake is around 17 a day right now. When I get down to 175, I will add a few more veggies and try to make it aound 22-25 a day.