Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 13:58
Chud

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Talking Greetings & Salutations

Hello All,

A friend of mine that frequents this board told me about it and I thought I would check it out. ::WAVES HI TO BECKY:: I am a bodybuilder that moved to New Orleans about a year and a half ago and since then my body fat % has climbed. Down here, everything is made with a roux or is deep fried. Combine that will lots of nights in the French Quarter and...well....I am sure you can tell what happened. But now I am back on the straight and narrow. Gave up the beer. Gave up the candy. I workout out two times a day. I do 30 minutes of cardio in the morning and then lift over lunch. I did Atkins about 3 years ago and the high protien and low carbs really went well with it. Looking forward to reading all your posts. I love to cook so I will be checking out the recipe section heavily.

Cheers,

Chud
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 14:12
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello and welcome to the forum Chud! Best of luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 09:00
Chud

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beans4me
Hello and welcome to the forum Chud! Best of luck to you!

Thank you Becki, good to be here.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 09:11

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

Hello and welcome to the board...you will soon become addicted...just like me!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 09:53
Chud

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolazchic
Hello and welcome to the board...you will soon become addicted...just like me!!!

Hi Coolaz and thank you for the welcome. About 3 years ago I low carbed and felt better than I did even in my 20's. I know I will become addicted to the lifestyle again. I love to cook and with all the fantastic recipes on here ya just can't go wrong. I look forward to reading your posts.

Cheers,

Chud
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 10:33

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Hi Coolaz and thank you for the welcome. About 3 years ago I low carbed and felt better than I did even in my 20's. I know I will become addicted to the lifestyle again. I love to cook and with all the fantastic recipes on here ya just can't go wrong. I look forward to reading your posts.

Thanks Chud! I agree that LCing makes you feel better. Whenever I go off the wagon I always end up regretting it because carbs make me feel gross!! I do a TON of posting on this site....actually mostly journal molesting ....you should get a journal. I find it is really helpful in keeping track of what you eat and it is nice to have people visiting your journal for support and stuff. You can stop by my journal any time! Have a Great Day
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 13:35
re-started LC 3/1/06

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 350/314.5/150 Female 5'4''
BF:Too Much!!
Progress: 18%
Default Hey!!!

Hiya Chud!!

Long time no see!

I am so glad to hear you quit the beer!!

It is so good to have you here. You will really like this place. There are so many friendly people here and so many recipies. The success stories are never ending. This is where I get my support and encouragement from. Glad to see you are here.

Check out some of the peoples journals and view the success stories. There are also fitness journals for those who want to keep track of that. You will find many guys like yourself who are into the heavy muscle building.

Set up a journal.. it is a great place for people to post congrats and to view your progress.

Welcome back to the low carb lifestyle.

Boos
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 13:42
Chud

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Thank you Boo....good to see you again. I wasn't going to keep a journal/blog but since you mentioned it to me, maybe I should. Might help me see eating to performance trends and get me over some walls. There are a couple of guys over at Marky's Anabolic Board where I hang out that are doing cutting cycles. I will have to turn them on to this place. I didn't realize that there were other builders on here, I will have to look for their posts so I can learn about their food choices.

Talk to you soon,

Chud