Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 05:29

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Sunday - November 23

Welcome to the daily Protein Power Pals thread - all who are using PP or want information about PP are welcomed to share here.

Giving Reverend Yeti the day off- hear moonlights on Sunday preaching about the evils of carbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Yeti (sasquatch)
DON'T get nurse Rachet TOO angry, she might have occasion to give you an IM med in the future...get the"point"??LOL

Point well taken. Actually, the nurses get a kick out of being called nurse Rachet - they say it's a lot more fun to come here than most places they work - except for trying to keep me in bed. (I'm a bad patient - imagine that )

Re: liquid carbage - I tossed the nutritionist's recommendations (remember - her knowledge of the LC WOEs comes from studying ways to debunk LC with her clients) - the endo said I can use protein shakes with some added oil and to add about 4 ozs 4% milk to each scoop for my carbs - he also Rx'ed an electrolyte supplement and something to add carbs without spiking my insulin if my ketone level gets too high... I'm in good hands.

Bawdy
Sorry the surprise had to be spoiled, but sounds like it worked out for the best - re: Delta tools and ebay.

Glad you like the new hairstyle but I think I need to get brows (not to mention my body) waxed

Hi to Ellie, Robin, Marnie, Kristine, Elaine, Wendy - will try to write more later.

Orang
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 06:30

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Orang, you may have lost some scar tissue from the surgery, but you sure didn't lose any of your marvelous sense of humor! You're right, a little waxing wouldn't hurt! It sounds like you're well on the road to recovery.

I'm so looking forward to getting the bowflex. I even watched their infomercial this morning, and I'm getting excited.

Robin, I need to clear up a misunderstanding regarding Lean for Life and the way Wendy and I are doing the "protein" days. Even on these protein days, Wendy is still getting more than 30 grams of carbs (60?), so that shouldn't be a problem for you. When I do the protein days, on the other hand, I do pure protein. The only occasional carbs I have on those days come from the 1 gram in an egg, the 1 gram in a slice of cheese, or the couple grams in the half-and-half I add to my protein shakes. You probably would NOT want to follow my way.

Well, I fell off the wagon last night. Not carb-wise. Alcohol-wise. I had four glasses of wine. It was over a 5-hour period, but still. I feel fine this morning, no headache or anything. But still.

I am obviously not yet a responsible adult. I really had intended on having one and only one glass of wine. How stupid. Useless carbs. Useless calories.

I'm just simply going to have to give it up completely for a while. It's not that big of an issue. When I originally did Atkins Induction, I didn't have a drink for almost 6 months. I lived through it!

OK. I won't beat myself up over yesterday. There's nothing I can do to change it. Tomorrow's too far away. But today is now. Today I vow not to have any alcohol. There. I said it. I've worked too hard to let a stupid thing like that stand in my way.

Someone please read me the riot act around 5:00 pm every day.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 06:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Good morning! I'm back from Cincinnati. Didn't weigh yesterday b/c I wasn't home in the morning, but when I stepped on the scale today, drumroll please....it said 149.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am majorly doing the happy dance right now. There just isn't any greater feeling than seeing a new lower middle number on the scale.

So......as my last 2 week's attempts to maintain my weight at the original intention of 153 have not exactly worked, I am upping my calories again today another 150 calories to 1450 calories per day. That's where I am hoping to eat for maintennance when I get to my goal b/c it is ~10x my goal weight. When I get to goal (I'm very proud that I said "when" and not "if", b/c I WILL make it this time), I will keep my calories at 1450 but see just how high I can take my carbs, good carbs only of course.

Renee-Being a "bad" patient just makes the nurses have to work a little; it gives them a challenge. We wouldn't want their lives to be boring, now would we? I'm glad to hear that you are in such good spirits, and I always enjoy your humor.

Grady-I think you asked a couple days ago what I ate to get my carbs to 30g on protein days. I eat cottage cheese and yogurt for probably 5-6 of my servings of protein on protein days. Actually I eat both cottage cheese and yogurt every single day, some times several times per day of each. I've been buying 4 of the big containers of cottage cheese per week. I laugh now when I think about how all the people on that old Atkins board would cringe by how much dairy I'm eating. I actually think that all the dairy is helping with my loss.

Congrats on the bowflex. It's going to be so fun figuring it out when you get it. I've often thought that I would like something like that, but it would look a bit gaudy in my current apt situation

Oh, and you said you wanted some details on that guy from school. Yes, he is a teacher there, the band teacher, which sort of sounds weird to say for some reason. Yes, he is new to the school this year. He is 29, the youngest of 8 children, about 5'11"-ish?, blond hair, blue eyes (actually we kinda look similar I suppose). He went to OSU for a year, so we have that in common. He did his student teaching at the high school I graduated from, although I wasn't there when he was. We were both raised Catholic. He lives down the road from me. We have the exact same taste in music and recreation (concerts, rollerblading). He is not a big drinker or into the party scene; neither am I. We have very similar outlooks on life and a strong sense of family. We both have a kind of "off", dry sense of humor. We both seem to be kind of private in our social life, and somewhat loners. I love spending time with him but I also really need time to myself and in no way have I felt smothered. The biggest thing is that we just seem to be at similar places in our lives and it's been about equally as long for each of us since our last serious relationship. So who knows? It's hard not to be excited by everything I just wrote, but I certainly don't want to rush things. I'm just kinda letting things happen and enjoying the ride right now.

Well, I gotta go do some laundry and cleaning now. Hope you all have a great day!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 07:29

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang!!! I hope the rest of your body bounces back as fast as your sense of humor

Bawdy, don't sweat the drink thing, you're just putting the 'Bawdy' in Bawdy. Now you know what I am like with ice cream. Maybe we should call each OTHER at 5 PM

Wendy, are you sure you weren't separated at birth from this guy? (Just kidding) Enjoy yourself and WOW on the 149.5. I was wondering how you did your protein days since you are hypo too.(could you list a typical protein day for me?) How much cottage cheese and yogurt to you use for a protein serving? I also picked up some frozen berries to use in the yogurt as ,alas,there are no fresh ones to be found. Also picked up apples.They don't bother me as long as I eat them with protein and not on top of oatmeal, etc.Plan to start the "Wendy" WOE after Thanksgiving, since I can use the turkey as a protein.

OK, Wendy's laundry isn't the only one that needs to get done.
PS , did a 1 1/2 mile walk yesterday outside, first real exercise I've done since coming down with the sinus infection from H**L.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 07:30

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Good Morning Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orang
(I'm a bad patient - imagine that )
Orang

I WOUDN'T THINK THAT WAS POSSIBLE!!!!!!! (Yeah, riiiight!!!!!! )
Juuust because the poor nurses leave saying
LOL!!!!
Keep gettin' better!!!

Bawdy--FOUR GLASSES? c'mon! LOL last time I had wine (sisters hubby works for an importer & he brings his "work" with him ) I believe I had 4 glasses of white & around 5 glasses of red.

Wendy -Hello!..didn't see you in here, you must have snuck in while I was writing this!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 09:43

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Good morning!!

I gotta work today.....UGH!! We are usually closed on Sundays, but prior to Christmas we open a few Sundays. So this will be quick!!

I was honestly thinking I was on my way to a stall.....I had not lost in over 2 weeks! But then this morning I was down another lb I guess I need to be patient.

Bawdy....thanks for clearing up the info about your plan

Have a good day all!!

Robin
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 12:05

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Wendy, congrats on the continued loss. Now send those vibes my way. This guy sounds wonderful. Have you ... ummmmm ... mentioned us? You might want to keep our group a little secret from him for a while. One look at one of our "crazy day" threads, and he's apt to run screaming from the room!

Rob, "4 glasses" was the gentle way of saying "1 bottle."

I can't believe this. I'm sitting here at the computer, drinking an iced tea and trying to keep my cat's face out of my spicy pork rinds (and not having much luck, I might add). Sheesh! I should have known. This is the cat who tries to crawl into the bag of Doritos (this event happened in my former life; I would never have Doritos in the house now).

Congrats to Robin, too, on the loss!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 19:59

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

My Sunday School class actually brought Sunday School to me this AM - the class met in my living room! I had to stay in a recliner, but it sure was good to see them and laugh a bit.

I can't weigh right now - nor could I do my weekly measurements... to many tubes and wires - and some swelling. My WOE is close to what it should be - way low in fiber, but most liquid diets are. The protein and carbs are good and my ketones levels are staying stable (one of the concerns I had in going thru this)
Wendy: Re loss and new love

Robin --- re: loss

Bawdy
Don't cry over the wine - just resolve to do better tomorrow. As you said, you've come too far to let this - or any other behavior - stand in the way of your success

Rob wrote:
Quote:
Juuust because the poor nurses leave saying

So it's true my nurses are coming to your house after work to recoup

Elaine
So glad you are feeling well enough to exercise today

Marnie - Hope you are having a wonderful time with your son.

Last edited by Orang : Sun, Nov-23-03 at 20:38.