Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 07:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/142/130 Female 69
BF:23
Progress:
Default Psyched to find this Forum, Been on Atkins for Awhile

Hey,

I can't even begin to describe the benefits I have experienced through Atkins over and above the obvious. I actually haven't lost that much weight , I have lost flab and inches and everyday I feel good about what I eat and how I feel. Had I known five years ago that I would be so energetic, have clear skin, and be able to eat so much delicious food (especially now that Splenda is around) I would have avoided the ups and downs, physical, emotional and weight-wise, of low fat, high carb diets that never seemed to get me anywhere.

I started reading fitness magazines lately and I have found that there is a hole in the market supporting low carbers and their way of life. I am psyched to find support here.

Diabetes put a big hole in the form of my dad last year and I swore that I would never fall down that path. He lost both of his legs to complications in a long battle with the disease and failed to thrive. I feel that if doctors had listened to Dr Atkins theories back in the seventies, it would have saved a lot of lives.

My best to y'all and stay on track!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 10:08
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome Saeph!

Sorry to hear about your dad. It was my mom's diagnosis with diabetes 3 years ago that woke me up to lc.

Are you exercising?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 01:20

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Welcome! I agree that this WOL could've possibly saved a lot of lives. My sister has diabetes, too, and I'm super high risk no matter which way you look at it, so figured this was my best shot at avoiding it! Not to mention, the weight loss will be great, too!

So sorry about your dad. That's got to be hard.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 08:04

Stats: 145/142/130 Female 69
BF:23
Progress:

Thanks for your support.

I am in fact exercising three times a week. I joined a gym because it's just getting too cold to go trekking outside!

What do you all do?