Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 20:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/214.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Question I find myself not hungry....when is too little?

I find that I am not hungry very often during the day. I eat more around 5-6 pm for dinner. Will this stall my weight loss by eating more at night? I usually have a 2-3 cups of coffee with 1oz cream each, Adkins breakfast bar in the late morning to early noon, 6 oz meat for lunch( if I eat lunch), then a dinner of 6oz of meat, 6 oz of cheese, 1 cup of salad or 1/2 cup of other veggies and low carb drink or low carb beer at night. ( Seltzer water during the day.) I find that I am not hungry, but also not loosing weight very fast. Does my body know that I've changed my way of eating & stopped like a starvation mode or something?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 20:57

Plan: Fuhrmann
Stats: 248/229.5/170 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Nearly every dietary plan advocates several meals per day, usually between 3 and 5. That puts it in the same class as 'eat your vegetables', 'drink lots of water', 'get enough sleep'.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 15:24

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Let's see...

Coffee will stall. Cream will stall. Atkins bars can stall for some people. Cheese will stall. Alcohol will stall. Maybe there's something there?

Up to you--the trick is to find a WOE that works for your life. If you would rather eat the way that is easy for you, keep it up. If you need to lose faster, you might want to make some adjustments. But either way, you'll probably reach your goal in time.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 15:48

Plan: vegetarian low carb
Stats: 172/139/146 Male 5 foot 7.5 inches
BF:21%/16%/8%
Progress: 127%

I agree. Everyone is different. My dietary protein is mainly derived from foods such as cheese which I make sure I eat every day (as a veggie cheese is very important for a healthy diet). Luckily, cheese is not a problem at all for me. I drink lots of coffee and tea too. Its almost a way of life for me. Alcohol was not a problem but I stalled for one week, and cut it out through weekdays and am now losing again. One thing I learn on this diet is that you need to work around your stalls. Alcohol is one of the biggest. Just one week without made all the difference.

I also had a stall because I was eating too much fried parsnips. I believed it was a safer alternative to chips.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 16:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

regular meals tend to reassure the body that there is a steady and reliable supply of food coming in, and it can safely burn fat. If meals are too widely spaced or skipped, the metabolism may slow down to manage on fewer calories.

Definitely 3 regular meals even if you don't feel hungry 30 minutes before. You don't have to eat a lot, but do eat.

And I agree with all the "possible stallers" listed above.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 21:28
Registered Member

BF:

I will cut back on the cheese and stop the alcohol & adkins bars, but the coffee & cream is not going to happen. I love it and would rather loose a bit slower than give it up.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 07:14

Plan: vegetarian low carb
Stats: 172/139/146 Male 5 foot 7.5 inches
BF:21%/16%/8%
Progress: 127%

try one thing at a time. that way you don't give up something you love unecessarily. I could not stop my cheese feasting.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 20:34
Registered Member

BF:

I have cut back on the coffee in the morning. The maximum is two cups a day now. I have been eating more meat and less cheese. No more stuff sweatened with aspartame. Mostly seltzer water with a hint of lime.

I need to add more veggies. I only eat a salad when I have it as my main meal with meat & cheese on it. I just am not hungry for veggies.

I may try adding back some of the other items after a few weeks. I miss the ease of havind an adkins bar on the run or for a snack at work.